Football: dropping clangers and scoring bangers

polishgenius

So who is off to the proverbial chopping block first.

Poch, Steve the Bruce or OGS?

I am really curious how much influence Poch had over the Spurs lockerroom falling apart. On the one hand it's part of his job to keep his players more or less happy. On the other hand, if Vertonghen really hit on Eriksen's misses, I doubt he was encouraging it, or played some sort of Cyrano for him. But then again, he arguably should have done his best to see both players (focus on Vertonghen) off to different clubs during the summer.

On the same notion, Bruce and Solskjaer simply do not have such great teams at their disposal, but with Solskjaer there's again the question how much you blame the outlook of the current squad on him.

Shocking performance from Spurs ( though not surprising given away record)

lack of energy, Brighton pressing all over then and creating a wall around their own box. Spurs look out of idea and when your wide players include Sissoko then that’s hardly surprising.

Dont think going to a back 3 has helped much either 

Might not be such a bad thing. More control in the midfield for Leicester means blunting their counter. Was effective for United so should be even more effective for Liverpool. Besides, the game is at Anfield. That always gives the Liverpool players a huge boost and I don't see any team other than Man City having a glimmer of hope of winning at Anfield. 

1 minute ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

So Liverpool got a soft penalty in Fergie time? :leaving:

Anyway, I haven't seen the game (canceled the Sky sub). Was it really that bad a call?

No.Definite contact.Mane may have sold it a bit.

38 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

So Liverpool got a soft penalty in Fergie time? :leaving:

Anyway, I haven't seen the game (canceled the Sky sub). Was it really that bad a call?

It shouldn't be called fergie time. Liverpool have 9 more last minute winners than any other premier league club. 

1 minute ago, Soylent Brown said:

They have a ton of injuries, apparently.

I think they've had injury trouble for a while now. Weren't they missing a number of first teamers against City as well? They were all over the place defensively today though. Took Villa for granted and were complacent, perhaps.

Just now, BigFatCoward said:

It shouldn't be called fergie time. Liverpool have 9 more last minute winners than any other premier league club. 

Was just having some fun with our resident United fans over their past rep of getting those last minute goals under Ferguson, while they now are confined to watching in horror how Liverpool scores those goals. :)

Liverpool were scoring just as many last minute winners as United were back when Fergie was still around. I think most United fans are far more worried about the leadership at our own club rather than concern ourselves too much with Liverpool.

4 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Norwich getting dicked 5-1 at home by Villa. Bet no-one saw that coming. 

I mean I'd have kinda expected Norwich to score a couple more but they were always going to get thumpings this season and they'll get more. Their defence is absolutely pants and the way they play offers absolutely no compromise in terms of mitigating that. It's admirable and fun but they're going down.

Happy to see I was wrong. Lovren (and the rest of the team) did a great job and basically shut down Leicester completely.

Their Xg was 0.1. Ours was 3.8. We had eight shots on goal. They had one. It shouldn't have been close.

We should have been more clinical, but that's about the only real criticism you can level at the Liverpool team today.

Archived