Football: dropping clangers and scoring bangers

polishgenius

On 10/10/2019 at 9:49 AM, Tywin et al. said:

It's truly one of the funniest things I've seen in awhile. 

Brilliantly intricate plot to find the leaker by WAGatha Christie, Mrs Rooney.

I wonder how much money the Vardys will pay for someone to be the fall guy (or girl).

I am usually not in the habit of trashtalking about my club's players. But I am making an exception here.

FUCK CENK SAHIN. Seriously, fuck that guy. I don't want that guy to ever wear our badge again.

On an unrelated note, anybody interested in 25 y.o. Turkish winger?

10 hours ago, Jeor said:

Brilliantly intricate plot to find the leaker by WAGatha Christie, Mrs Rooney.

I wonder how much money the Vardys will pay for someone to be the fall guy (or girl).

It’s great and I don’t even know the backstory. The two guys are/were national teammates, and kind of rivals, right?

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

It’s great and I don’t even know the backstory. The two guys are/were national teammates, and kind of rivals, right?

Not even that. I think they might have played one tournament together (Euros 2016 that's about it).

Rooney has been an English star since he was 17 or so (and he has the Brit face to back it up), that's when he broke into Everton's first team. Not bothered enough to start a discussion whether Rooney ever was World Class as his fans believe, or not.

Vardy on the other hand is a late bloomer. He has played lower tier football for most of his career until his breakthru season with Leicester into his mid or late twenties. (he signed with Leicester when they were a second tier club when he was 25, they needed to win a promotion and for him to establish himself a legit forward some more years).

So I really don't think Rooney ever considered Vardy is a legit rival. Their career paths are way too different for that. No, idea how well they get/got along outside the pitch.

This is really more about their wives. Never understood this WAGS (WivesAndGirlfriends) thing. That's really more a British tabloid/culture thing. It's basically an English Kardashian thing, about people who are famous for no apparent reason, other than that their significant other is a succesful athlete. Only notable excemption was Victoria Beckham, as a Spice Girl she was famous in her own right, and not by marriage. Sorry, got sidetracked here. Anyway, basically one of the English Kardashians found out that the source of the tabloid stories about her and her husband, is the other Kardashian leaking insta stories.

Changing the formation and screwing the entire balance of the side to fit in Mason Mount as a no. 10 just isn’t worth it. If he wants to be starting for England at the moment it needs to be as an 8.

Also, Southgate needs to bite the bullet and play Joe Gomez even if Klopp won’t.

18 hours ago, Philokles said:

Changing the formation and screwing the entire balance of the side to fit in Mason Mount as a no. 10 just isn’t worth it. If he wants to be starting for England at the moment it needs to be as an 8.

I didn't see the game so I can't speak to how the formation worked here but Mount is absolutely a no10.

Whether he should be starting there ahead of James Maddison right now is another question, although I know Maddison was sick. But yeah with the options the team has right now I do think playing a midfield 3 is ultimately the way to go. There wouldn't be enough creativity in passing if you just relied on Sancho and Sterling for it, as great as those guys are. Southgate does need to start bringing through some of the other young guys who are busting moves this season though. A Joe Willock would not go amiss in that midfield.

2 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Pogba and De Gea both out of the Liverpool game it seems like. Disaster.

I thought they were expecting quite a few to return from injury over the break.  I heard DDG got injured, but not how bad. At least Romero is not much of a drop off from DDG’s recent form. 

I expect United will try to replicate their 2-1 victory from two years ago: park the bus and have Rashford and James attack the space behind Liverpool’s FBs.

Liverpool always seem to underperform at OT, and it’s like a cup final for Utd post-Ferguson.  I hope we take care of business with minimal fuss, but this is the kind of game where Utd’s recent form doesn’t count for much. 

6 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

I thought they were expecting quite a few to return from injury over the break.

Wan Bissaka and Martial should be back who have also both been missed, and Shaw as well seems a possibility, but unless Solskjaer's playing mindgames he announced today Pogba's out for another few weeks.

Archived