Football: dropping clangers and scoring bangers

polishgenius

Allison and Matip are back but Salah misses the match due to the ankle injury he picked up before the int. break. Origi starts in his place instead.

Our full squad for the game:

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Mane, Origi, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Lovren, Milner, Keita, Gomez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana.

Only reading events on the ticker, as in too lazy to look for a stream.

But my ticker said, that LIndelöf basically fouled Origi before the United goal. Like in no intention to play the ball, just going for the player.

I missed most of the first half coz of family stuff but having seen the incident back fucking lol at Origi realising he'd given the ball straight to McTominay and diving on the faintest contact to try to get out of it. And people are claiming that VAR call was wrong? :lol:

Anyway so far this is showing the danger in Liverpool getting used to relying on the referee for favourable overprotection. As soon as they face a team big enough that refs won't call for fouls on physical but fair challenges just coz Liverpool want that to happen, they start to wilt. Whole team of Daniel Jameses. McTominay is their living nightmare.

Just now, Soylent Brown said:

Dan James is the size of Kylie Minogue, only he goes over more easily. McTominay is a physical player, sure, but fucking Dan James?

...that is exactly my point dude. Your entire team is acting like James does whenever McTominay or anyone puts in a challenge harder than a puff of wind.

Archived