bad robot productions

What are things you do for self-care?

9 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

No Epica?

Aaaaaah Epica! I even attended one of their concerts when I was young and foolish... Good idea, I have not listen their songs for ages! Therion and Rhapsody were nice, too.

On 10/6/2019 at 11:28 AM, Martell Spy said:

Drink beer.

this...with a shot of tequila daily for medicinal purposes

On 10/9/2019 at 6:38 PM, larrytheimp said:

I post stuff on a nerdy internet forum, smoke weed, read, and spend time outside in the wilderness with my geriatric dog.

this...minus my late, great geriatric dogs

On 10/11/2019 at 8:58 PM, sologdin said:

<snip>

all that said, my epimeleia heautou regimen nevertheless as yet demands regular aphrodisia akolasia.

oh yeah, and particularly this!

:smoking:

9 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

this...with a shot of tequila daily for medicinal purposes

this...minus my late, great geriatric dogs

oh yeah, and particularly this!

:smoking:

Hey welcome back dude!  What's up?

Beyond Burgers are frighteningly satisfying. 

I also like going to readings/talks at the bookshop.  Most recently went to see Pam Grossman and she was really great.  One of my favorites ever, though, was Marjane Satrapi. 

17 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

Hey welcome back dude!  What's up?

self-caring everyday... :lmao:

and finally catching fish once i got the sand that Dorian pounded up my ass washed out...how bout you, Imp?

Edited by rocksniffer
nuthin to see...

Lovely topic. I recently wrote a piece for our staff newsletter (following world mental health day) discussing the importance of looking after your mental wellbeing and what you can do for that. Led to some self reflection on what i do. The biggest thing for me is carving out at least 30 minutes from every day where i do something i enjoy, or im interested in in. 30 minutes of selfishness if you will. That might be anything - reading a book, watching tv, having a soothing soak in the tub, going for a walk, etc. Making sure i set aside at least that half hour slot every day has been really helpful for me

I don't know when I picked up this habit - probably in my last years at uni - but I find that after I wake up, I like having an hour to myself where I do absolutely nothing except drinking coffee/tea and read my book or browse random stuff on the internet.

I used to be someone who would wake up at the last possible minute ( which is totally fine, I just find that I can't do that anymore), quickly shower & drink some coffee and then head to work but now I wake up extra early so I can get that hour in where I'm doing nothing.

Edited by Raja

18 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Technically it was part of my job but today got to clean some 17th century English civil war armour which was...badass. Loved it. Think that was self care as well :lol: 

Polishing your stabbing armour polishes your mental armour, who knew :lol:

(actually does sound really interesting though) 

On 10/18/2019 at 2:12 PM, Theda Baratheon said:

Technically it was part of my job but today got to clean some 17th century English civil war armour which was...badass. Loved it. Think that was self care as well :lol: 

I have to ask. The geek in me wants to know. Roundhead or Cavalier? 

I workout, I read, I take hour long walks, I recently went to a spa for the first time to have a facial done - it was amazing.

I never try to hatch dragon eggs until i’ve personally collected at least 4 bits of dragon lore, even if that means waiting until I can afford to take a smallish army to Volantis. 

Im drinking wine in a boiling hot bubble bath listening to my crush’s podcast so another day of self care for me lmao