Book Winterfell in 3D by Shadiversity

Daendrew

On 10/9/2019 at 11:32 AM, Daendrew said:

The final result is at 19:30 https://youtu.be/dZdbpfcxfSk

When I see the scale and scope of Winterfell it makes Theon's capture of it with just a few men even more remarkable.

I see this earlier today. Amazing work, and wow the scale! 

Truly amazing work by Shad. I think it shows how ‘wrong’ GRRM got the scale of this castle. Either we have to imagine it significantly smaller than this, or there are thousands of people living within the walls that we have never heard of. 

Why would Castle Cerwyn even exist if you have this behemoth half a day away. 

One last thing. Our nerdy boy states Riverrun is larger than Winterfell. This must be a mistake, correct? 

This is really great and fairly close (not in detail, just size) to how I always imagined it when reading. I was always pretty underwhelmed by the show's version and felt that a house as old and great as the Stark should have a much larger castle. I especially liked his tidbit at the beginning about scaling everything based on the godswood located INSIDE the castle walls - not separate from it. I always imagined the godswood at WF being big enough for the Stark kids to run, hide, and play in without being noticed. 

He obviously had fun, but I feel that he overdid it.  "Stark" is not the word that comes to mind when I look at Shad's version of the ancient castle.  He obviously wanted to make it as "awesome" as possible, but I don't think the book evidence required him to make it quite that "awesome".  The interior buildings don't need to rise quite that high above the inner walls, etc., etc., etc.

8 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

It's totally amazing. Just watched it again, and loved it even more the 2nd time. 

I’ve been meaning to watch it again, this time on a larger screen for a better experience. I might just do that tonight as it’s the first time in days I can actually just sit and relax in the evening. I’ve gabbled about it to so many people in real world already. 

Archived