US politics - When the Barr's so low.

Lykos

12 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

If I was a gambling man, I'd bet either he or Harris is the running mate if Biden isn't the nominee (no way he picks either of them). 

Oh I don't know about that.  I think Biden will almost certainly pick a woman, but looking at potential candidates, seems to me Harris has as good a chance as anybody.  Warren would be the obvious choice, but if I were advising Biden I'm not sure that'd be wise as it just highlights his inability to excite the base.  I'm also not sure he wants to pick a fellow septuagenerian.  Klobuchar would probably be worse received by the left than Harris, and Gillibrand didn't exactly impress either.  Obviously there are other Congresswomen/Governors that didn't run for president and could be good candidates, but I haven't really thought about that yet. 

...Actually a quick skim of the Senators, there's not much there.  Maybe one of the Nevada Senators?  The Tammys (Baldwin, Duckworth) would also each be interesting choices in their own way.  As for governors, admittedly I'm not overly familiar with a lot of them, but seems like the two best potential candidates - Gretchen Whitmer (MI) and Laura Kelly (KS) - literally just took office, so that seems a bit weird.

1 minute ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Dems need to use the debate to bring attention to the impeachment inquiry.

...You think people watching the 12-candidate Democratic Primary Debate aren't paying enough attention to the impeachment inquiry?

I know I haven't been around much, but I am the only person who thinks about the quote that states there's nothing more dangerous than a true believer every time I hear about impeachment? I know Trump is a morally corrupt ignoramus (and that's being polite) but damn, the idea of Pence in the whitehouse truly scares me 

6 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Regarding?

My follow up right above your post. Dems need to bash him on the Ukraine/Syria stuff and call an intra-party detente for a night.

3 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

But it certainly will be more widely viewed than the impeachment stuff.

Not sure how you quantify that.  It will certainly get higher ratings than any regular cable news, sure, but I'm pretty confident in assuming virtually everyone taking the time to watch this already has a strong opinion on impeachment.

The candidates only got to go at impeachment at the start.  They don't get to choose.

Biden -- Ukraine. Beating like a drum.

At least it was said the accusations were false.

Bernie got both climate change and working man together.  But won't stop.

Warren wears purple. Buttigieg has decided Warren is his punching bag on Medicare -- hello Big Pharma and Bloomberg -- I'm yr guy.

Klobacher -- feh.  She lied about what Warren said.

They're all going after Warren.

She's spoken more already tonight than in the last debates put together.  Or so it seems -- because the others are attacking Warren.

6 minutes ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I know I haven't been around much, but I am the only person who thinks about the quote that states there's nothing more dangerous than a true believer every time I hear about impeachment? I know Trump is a morally corrupt ignoramus (and that's being polite) but damn, the idea of Pence in the whitehouse truly scares me 

No shit, it scares me more than Trump because I think he'd be more effective and focused. But the price of a Pence presidency (for hopefully less than a year) is not higher than the price of letting Trump run roughshod over the constitution and the law without repercussion. That's how I see it

2 minutes ago, Zorral said:

They're all going after Warren.

Yeah, but did you notice how Biden went after her here? He politely raised his hand and never got called on while Sanders and Klobuchar had their say. We need exactly more of that civility Uncle Joe. I'm sure Trump would respond on the merits of your arguments and recognize the norms and traditions of polite society. 

Look, I don't want a Trump type fighter on our side, but I do want someone with a backbone.

Yes! Harris! The disaster that health care so called has been for women -- reproductive health.  Greatest response from the audience.  Then they moved on to another topic.

Just so u all no -- I was forced to attend a Steely Dan concert tonight ... I loathe Steely Dan.  I said NO. Tix were bought anyway.  I in return, pushing guilt back to go when I loathe Steely Dan -- so I am home and watching this.  Other ticket gone to the person who should have gone in the first place!  just received text at how much better it is that I am not there and other person is.  Which is what i said in the first place.

Archived