Lykos

US politics - When the Barr's so low.

The candidates only got to go at impeachment at the start.  They don't get to choose.

Biden -- Ukraine. Beating like a drum.

At least it was said the accusations were false.

Bernie got both climate change and working man together.  But won't stop.

Warren wears purple. Buttigieg has decided Warren is his punching bag on Medicare -- hello Big Pharma and Bloomberg -- I'm yr guy.

Klobacher -- feh.  She lied about what Warren said.

They're all going after Warren.

She's spoken more already tonight than in the last debates put together.  Or so it seems -- because the others are attacking Warren.

6 minutes ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I know I haven't been around much, but I am the only person who thinks about the quote that states there's nothing more dangerous than a true believer every time I hear about impeachment? I know Trump is a morally corrupt ignoramus (and that's being polite) but damn, the idea of Pence in the whitehouse truly scares me 

No shit, it scares me more than Trump because I think he'd be more effective and focused. But the price of a Pence presidency (for hopefully less than a year) is not higher than the price of letting Trump run roughshod over the constitution and the law without repercussion. That's how I see it

Yes! Harris! The disaster that health care so called has been for women -- reproductive health.  Greatest response from the audience.  Then they moved on to another topic,

2 minutes ago, Zorral said:

They're all going after Warren.

Yeah, but did you notice how Biden went after her here? He politely raised his hand and never got called on while Sanders and Klobuchar had their say. We need exactly more of that civility Uncle Joe. I'm sure Trump would respond on the merits of your arguments and recognize the norms and traditions of polite society. 

Look, I don't want a Trump type fighter on our side, but I do want someone with a backbone.

Yes! Harris! The disaster that health care so called has been for women -- reproductive health.  Greatest response from the audience.  Then they moved on to another topic.

Just so u all no -- I was forced to attend a Steely Dan concert tonight ... I loathe Steely Dan.  I said NO. Tix were bought anyway.  I in return, pushing guilt back to go when I loathe Steely Dan -- so I am home and watching this.  Other ticket gone to the person who should have gone in the first place!  just received text at how much better it is that I am not there and other person is.  Which is what i said in the first place.

Edited by Zorral

Bernie with the best statement I've ever seen him make. Cogent and relevant to the question asked. It was a softball dangled on a string, but still.

Just now, Zorral said:

How did Steyer get on this stage?

He paid a shitload of money to CNN over the course of 3 years in advertisements.

17 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Yes! Harris! The disaster that health care so called has been for women -- reproductive health.  Greatest response from the audience.  Then they moved on to another topic,

Liked it - Julian did call out for repoductive justice before, but the more said the better 

2 minutes ago, Zorral said:

How did Steyer get on this stage?

He bought his own podium.

@Jace, Basilissa ninja'd

Edited by Week

7 minutes ago, Week said:

Liked it - Julian did call out for repoductive justice before, but the more said the better 

Considering ... doesn't that seem suspicious?   :lol:  So -- trust Buttigiege to defend rich people.  Klobuchar -- feh.

Buttigiege keeps going at Warren.  This is NOT going to help him.

YES. these rich are not like you and me.  Steyer = Connor, Succession, hah.

Edited by Zorral

1 minute ago, Week said:

@Jace, Basilissa ninja'd

Hitler, Stalin, and Lennon never saw me coming 'neither.

Yes, Lennon with an 'o'.

2 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Fuck yes Booker! Preach!

I did really enjoy that. Booker is not my guy because some of the decision making with schools in Newark, big pharma history, etc. but he's the best orator in the field.

5 minutes ago, Week said:

I did really enjoy that. Booker is not my guy because some of the decision making with schools in Newark, big pharma history, etc. but he's the best orator in the field.

Agreed on both points. 

Thought experiment: is there a way for a non-Biden candidate to make a electability argument by concern trolling where they sympathize with Biden, but argue that because of how the 2016 election played out, we can't have a candidate who has even a whiff of corruption about them?

2 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Agreed on both points. 

Thought experiment: is there a way for a non-Biden candidate to make a electability argument by concern trolling where they sympathize with Biden, but argue that because of how the 2016 election played out, we can't have a candidate who has even a whiff of corruption about them?

Quote Tom Downey at him.

Not impressed by Tulsi Grammar.

...for some reason I'm thinking of Chris Tucker in the Rush Hour outtakes.