Lykos

US politics - When the Barr's so low.

Finally Booker gets a bit of time.

Biden  blithers.  Whatever his intent, this nation cannot afford another POTUS whose words aren't accurate and mean what the words mean.

EDT == hour and a half in -- those watching may well get some idea at least as to what is going on, right?

Hmm - interesting f2f between Buttigiege and Beto on gun control.media

All of my media are giving me a hard time to follow this.

Edited by Zorral

Bernie, you've fought the good fight. Please just gracefully announce that you need to look out for your health and family and that you're confident that Warren will carry the torch.

Time for the olds to explain themselves.

Oooo = snap! the most unhealthy person running for POTUS, looking at all of those on this stage, is guess who . . .

Going out, I think ... so tired, big day tomorrow.

oooo Kamala too now goes at Warren  ,

AOC, Tlaib, and Omar all to endorse Bernie.  That seems like a nice shot in the arm for his campaign coming off the health scare.  

I barely saw any of tonight's debate.  Did he seem unchanged?  

6 minutes ago, Triskele said:

AOC, Tlaib, and Omar all to endorse Bernie.  That seems like a nice shot in the arm for his campaign coming off the health scare.  

I barely saw any of tonight's debate.  Did he seem unchanged? 

He seemed fine.  I think it's a mistake to announce all 3 MCs at the same time.  Have AOC endorse alone at a rally first, then have all three endorse again at a later date.

1 minute ago, DMC said:

He seemed fine.  I think it's a mistake to announce all 3 MCs at the same time.  Have AOC endorse alone at a rally first, then have all three endorse again at a later date.

I think that may be what's happening, offically.  And maybe the news is just being reported pre-announcements.  

Senate Intelligence Committee released 2nd part of its report on the Russian interference in 2016

Americans gobbled it up. The Senate Intelligence report details a troubling fact: in the three months leading up to Election Day, Russian-planted false information on Facebook outperformed real news.

Edited by SpaceChampion

23 minutes ago, Triskele said:

I think that may be what's happening, offically.  And maybe the news is just being reported pre-announcements. 

Well, at least according to this report, all three will be in New York on Saturday.  And Omar already released an official statement.  My thinking was you hold off on Omar and Tlaib til a later date to get multiple (and spread out) news cycles off of it - plus give you time to convince the 4th member of "The Squad" (Pressley).  Although I wouldn't be surprised if she endorses by Saturday as well.

So your boss isn't going to seek articles of impeachment after all, because that would require.... something.  But nobody told the moderators nor candidates who spent 45 minutes on impeachment because it makes them feel.....alive again.   (most of them are about to crumble into dust).   Except for Tulsi Gabbart, so she gets asked about being too young and the oldsters turned to her like, "come on, get with it.  Be more hip, like us."    And then Gabbart pointed out the others didn't have commander in chief qualifications and CNN pulled 6 G's in the fastest hardest dive into a commercial break that's ever been seen.   So we know CNN's opinion of these candidates!  They couldn't be allowed to face that question.  Go to break!  For the love of God, errrrr, for the love of emptiness, go to break!

One of the moderators was Barrack Obama's father, i noticed.   That seemed like an unfair advantage for Biden.   Erin Bennett was the belle of the ball.  She's usually more fat faced i discovered after looking her up.   And then you had the white haired Ellen viewer asking the candidates Ellen related questions.

For those too young to realize it, Amy [Clow- vitch- ur] is the actual democrat out of this whole bunch.   The others have migrated and are, well they are what they are.   Beto is on the patch, he's down to only using Spanish conjunctions now.    If Yang and he were high, what about Steyer's eyes?   He sought out the camera so hard and peered so deep into it that you could feel him feeding on you through the screen.  Was he the guy who started running impeach trump ads like 7 years ago, before it was even possible?

I don't understand why Booker is seen as an obama with none of the charisma.   Like, what gives?   If Trump was seen as a huge step backwards for the country, why is it too soon to go back to the black well again?   Booker's talkings have more content than obama's which were all sizzle.   Book says more meaningful things in terms of guiding the country well from the office.    Buddy Edge x 2 is still my gay.  My guy.   The candidate I fancy.   Julian was also there.   Hey, if your whole thing for the whole trump term is that you've trumped up some racism charges, why aren't you going with Castro to hammer that home and close the deal?   I'm just saying.  On account of how Warren will win zero states.

your boss isn't going to seek articles of impeachment after all, because that would require.... something

as usual, you get everything wrong.  your fuhrer will be served with articles of impeachment.  the house is simply declining to hold a floor vote because its rules and the constitution don't require it. 

As an outsider looking in, I see Bernie as representative of a worldwide movement, and I hope he keeps fighting despite the health issues because I don't see Warren as a replacement, she seems to be playing both sides (the establishment and the progressive wing) and it's not clear whose camp she'll end up in. She's also admitted that she'll be accepting big money donations in the general election.

Another outsider here (but hey, Russia, China, and the Ucraine are happily allowed to interfere, but I don't get just one tiny vote?!). So... half-informed ramblings ahead.

I'm about one hour in. Warren under massive attack but doing well and coming across as energetic. Clear, concise, reasonable.

Biden hasn't majorly slipped up yet, so that's good for him, I guess.

Bernie... if you were 20 years younger... And yes, that's unfair, but it is how it is. It's also unfair that women and black people have a harder time, so stand in line, please. Please step down and prove that those who believe you'd rather endorse another white male than the other leftist-ish opponent who has a chance to win the primaries by asking your followers to endorse Warren! (Yeah, who am I kidding.)

Why does he never, ever look into the camera?

Harris is clearly going for the women electorate, right from the start when she was quoting, if I didn't misunderstand (American accent, people talking fast), Mary Angelou.

Buttigieg crawling into the rich people and corporations' behinds... Ugh. Sorry, you're not THAT cute.

Yang has always annoyed me with his lame "... but look, let's be real..." schtick. Plus the term "freedom dividend" is just ridiculous.

Klobuchar... go away. Although she did get a nice dig at 45 in ("That's the one moment he told the truth").

Harris is very amicable and into harmony this time around, she applying for the vice presidency? Booker beating the same drum ("we have one shot... I've seen that script before").

Edited by Mindwalker

So, Trump invites the grieving parents of a boy killed in a hit and run to the White House and offers bland sympathy, before revealing that, SURPRISE, we've also invited your son's killer and she's waiting in the room next door!

You can hardly tell that he's a reality television star masquerading as a politician at all, can you?