Why couldn't Robb send a team to retrieve Sansa?

Angel Eyes

2 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

That's not the same though. Robb wouldn't send a team to kill Cersei or Tywin for multiple reasons - it wouldn't make a large difference, that isn't how "honorable" men wage war, it wouldn't really fulfill any objective. 

Casterly Rock also wouldn't achieve any goal of his & would take the entire army not a small, discreet, team of people. 

Tyrion does exactly this for Jaime so I don't think it's outrageous to think Robb should have considered it. 

Tyrion only does it because it gives him an opportunity to get rid of Cersei's household guard though, he wins either way. He sent his handpicked men to a nut easier to crack than the Red Keep hidden among 100 men with an excuse to be there and it still failed.  

24 minutes ago, Trigger Warning said:

Tyrion only does it because it gives him an opportunity to get rid of Cersei's household guard though, he wins either way. He sent his handpicked men to a nut easier to crack than the Red Keep hidden among 100 men with an excuse to be there and it still failed.  

I'm not saying it would have worked, it probably wouldn't have. I'm saying it wouldn't have been odd for Robb to at least consider it, discuss it, maybe even attempt it. 

6 hours ago, Trigger Warning said:

Ultimately this question is in the same vein as something like this, "why didn't Robb send a team to kill Tywin and Cersei" or "why didn't Robb send a team to take casterly Rock" it's not feasible so he never even bothered considering it. 

Robb was thinking like a commander in this instance.  Catelyn was not thinking like the lady of a house at war but the mother of two girls.  Robb was right and Cat was wrong.  I fault Robb for breaking his oaths to Walder and for killing Karstark.  He is not wrong in the manner in which he ignored Sansa's captivity.  

40 minutes ago, Dothraki Khal said:

Robb was thinking like a commander in this instance.  Catelyn was not thinking like the lady of a house at war but the mother of two girls.  Robb was right and Cat was wrong.  I fault Robb for breaking his oaths to Walder and for killing Karstark.  He is not wrong in the manner in which he ignored Sansa's captivity.  

It got him killed. If Robb had tried Catelyn might not have been desperate enough to free Jaime and the Red Wedding would be more troublesome for the Lannisters.

45 minutes ago, Dothraki Khal said:

Wrong to who? I would imagine it wouldn't have felt wrong to Sansa if he had made her a priority. It certainly wouldn't have been wrong to Cat. Just because Robb is a Commander doesn't mean he has no responsibility to his family. 

Archived