Why did the Freys torture Cat before her death, but not Robb?

Nagini's Neville

Was there a specific reason for it? I feel like women in fiction die way more often a specifically violent death in comparison to male characters.

I understand it was probably done to make Lady Stoneheart scarier looking.

But why did it make sense from the Freys' pov? Why did she "deserve" extra punishment?

Edit: Turns out I misunderstood the text and Cat wasn't tortured after all :) much to my relief. Thanks everyone, who took the time to read and sorry for stealing it!

11 minutes ago, Aline de Gavrillac said:

The Freys did not exactly torture Catelyn.  Catelyn killed Jinglebells.  She slit his neck and so they did the same to her.  They threw her body in the river. 

"Ten fierce ravens were raking her face with sharp talons and tearing off strips of flesh, leaving deep furrows that ran red with blood."

did she just imagine that?

1 minute ago, Nagini's Neville said:

"Ten fierce ravens were raking her face with sharp talons and tearing off strips of flesh, leaving deep furrows that ran red with blood."

did she just imagine that?

That is flowerly language by GRRM for Catelyn tearing up her own face when going mad of grief.

Just now, Tywin Manderly said:

That is flowerly language by GRRM for Catelyn tearing up her own face when going mad of grief.

Oh, no!! okay now I get it. :laugh: Thank you! Just reread the scene. Don't know how I didn't get that! I somehow thought they were pricking open her face with knifes. Now my initial question doesn't make sense anymore. 

1 minute ago, Nagini's Neville said:

Oh, no!! okay now I get it. :laugh: Thank you! Just reread the scene. Don't know how I didn't get that! I somehow thought they were pricking open her face with knifes. Now my initial question doesn't make sense anymore. 

Even if it were real ravens.  The Freys have no way to make them do that. 

5 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

You're welcome! :)

Archived