Parked across the street laughing
Watching it burn, all Halloween
Orange and chimney red then
Frank put on a top forty station
Got on the Hollywood Freeway
Headed north
Never could stand that dog

Get over it Carlos. :crying:

President Donald Trump’s son Eric criticized families involved in politics who use their positions to enrich themselves. In an interview with Jeanine Pirro on Fox News, Eric Trump went through his father’s potential rivals in 2020 and had lots to say about former Vice President Joe Biden. “You have a guy whose son is embezzling money from everybody and enriching himself off his father’s position,” Trump said in reference to Biden and his son Hunter Biden.

Pirro then asked Eric Trump: “So where does Joe Biden get off being so pompous and above it all?” Eric Trump agreed with that assessment, and argued he’d be “in jail” if he did the same things as Biden’s son. “Why is it that every family goes into politics and enriches themselves?” Trump asked. “It is sickening.”

Eric Trump: “Sickening” How “Every Family in Politics Enriches Themselves”

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/10/eric-trump-sickening-how-family-politics-enriches-themselves.html

4 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/10/eric-trump-sickening-how-family-politics-enriches-themselves.html

The Trumps have had any sense of irony surgically removed from their brains, haven't they?

2 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Is son Eric admitting that Dad Donald is as bad at enriching himself in public life as he seemed to be in private life? Or is he just as stupid as he seems to be?

I've always wondered whether Republicans find it tiresome to keep defending the toddler-in-chief. Seriously, taking care of kids is joyful, but sometimes you just want a break from it all. At least with real kids there are moments of sheer bliss that make it all worthwhile, while with the Mango Mussolini there is literally no joy to be found anywhere. But it looks like I have my answer, as per the WaPo:

" In a round of phone calls with conservative allies this weekend, Trump was told Republicans are struggling to defend him on so many fronts, according to an administration official who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal matters. "

If everyone keeps at it they will have no energy left in 2020.

@DMC on previous thread:

Indeed, these are the reasons - was being rhetorical/tongue-in-cheek.  But I don't think Trump likes Mick personally.  In fact I'd say the opposite - Mick is more just one of the very few halfway (quarterway?) competent people left who's willing to work for him.

And now, in reversal to yesterday, They Say, i.e. the WaPo, They are going after the hapless Mickey.

Mulvaney’s acknowledgment of a mistake — he also said Sunday that the news conference had been less than “perfect” — comes as Trump has privately expressed displeasure with his acting chief’s job performance and as some White House officials are seeking to replace him, according to several people familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity to reveal private discussions. Several officials said Trump’s aides and allies are considering options for a new chief of staff.

In the meantime, looks as though troops are going to stay in Syria after all, in order to guard the oil fields from ISIS ....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/us-discussing-proposal-to-leave-troops-around-syrias-oil-fields-pentagon-says/2019/10/21/0b024d4c-f401-11e9-8cf0-4cc99f74d127_story.html

Graham, a Trump ally who had criticized the administration for its handling of the Turkish offensive, said he was “increasingly optimistic it could turn out well.”

“The big thing for me is the oil fields,” he said. “I believe we are on the verge of a joint venture between us and the Syrian Democratic Forces, who helped destroy ISIS and keep them destroyed, to modernize the oil fields and make sure they [i.e. WE, one way or another] get the revenue, not the Iranians, not Assad.”

That is what matters -- security of the oil, not human beings at all.

58 minutes ago, Zorral said:

@DMC on previous thread:

And now, in reversal to yesterday, They Say, i.e. the WaPo, They are going after the hapless Mickey.

I find it amazing anyone is ever willing to work for or with Trump.  He consistently betrays, abandons, or sabotages his own employees and allies.  He's willing to throw anyone and everyone under the bus at the slightest provocation. 

Do all these swamp creatures expect anything different?

By the way, not sure what Clinton was thinking talking about Gabbard being "favored by the Russians" (paraphrasing obviously). Didn't mind her parody of the Trump-Ergodan letter at all, but she should have known better than interfering in the Democratic primary. There are already enough criticisms about its unfairness without someone punching down at a candidate.

2 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

By the way, not sure what Clinton was thinking talking about Gabbard being "favored by the Russians" (paraphrasing obviously). Didn't mind her parody of the Trump-Ergodan letter at all, but she should have known better than interfering in the Democratic primary. There are already enough criticisms about its unfairness without someone punching down at a candidate.

Technically she didn’t name Gabbard. Tulsi was the one who jumped and said it was about her.

2 hours ago, Zorral said:

That is what matters -- security of the oil, not human beings at all.

It's like most of us when we play a grand strategy game on the PC, except they have the means and lack of consciousness to do it in the real world.

9 minutes ago, Paladin of Ice said:

Technically she didn’t name Gabbard. Tulsi was the one who jumped and said it was about her.

^^^^ I did not realize that.

3 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Thats even worse, she cast aspersions on 5 (or is it 6?) candidates without showing any evidence.

This is true, it's a horrible look. 

I wish Hillary would stay quieter while we're trying to wean the field. She isn't my first choice if we were to abandon the whole lot of candidates anyways. Michelle Obama is the most formidable candidate not running, not Hillary.

34 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Thats even worse, she cast aspersions on 5 (or is it 6?) candidates without showing any evidence.

Five. There are five women candidates.

The evidence being pointed out is the fact that the Russian press apparently only reports stories about Gabbard, and then Russian bots pick up the stories and amplify them.

I have no idea why Clinton talked about this. Perhaps because she thinks the media should know about the story, or do in fact know about the story and have not been reporting it? And her comments forced them to report the story?

Russian interference in your elections is a real thing.

51 minutes ago, Paladin of Ice said:

Have you ever noticed how frequently the word “technically” comes up when discussing the Clintons?  Can we not find potential leaders who stay well within bounds instead of those who do so “technically”?

A weird story.

Mitt Romney has (had, now) a secret Twitter account named Pierre Delecto. He said he used it to keep tabs on the political scene, but he also used it to defend a politician, namely, Mitt Romney.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/10/mitt-romney-has-a-secret-twitter-account-and-it-sure-looks-like-its-this-one.html

3 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

A weird story.

Mitt Romney has (had, now) a secret Twitter account named Pierre Delecto. He said he used it to keep tabs on the political scene, but he also used it to defend a politician, namely, Mitt Romney.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/10/mitt-romney-has-a-secret-twitter-account-and-it-sure-looks-like-its-this-one.html

Any relation to Pierre Poutine? 

31 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Five. There are five women candidates.

The evidence being pointed out is the fact that the Russian press apparently only reports stories about Gabbard, and then Russian bots pick up the stories and amplify them.

I have no idea why Clinton talked about this. Perhaps because she thinks the media should know about the story, or do in fact know about the story and have not been reporting it? And her comments forced them to report the story?

Russian interference in your elections is a real thing.

I have no idea why she’s talking in general. The Clintons need to simply go away.

Archived