US Politics: A Mickey Mouse Operation

DMC

4 hours ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

the toddler-in-chief.

He blusters and pushes back.    The sustained tantrum is found on here though.    He has intermittent tantrums in between getting a lot done.    The internet crowd meanwhile just ....does this topic over and over, as if low morale is a constant concern and generating bile toward the executive branch every five minutes is the only way to keep yourselves from waking up to how it's not that bad.  

4 hours ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

struggling to defend him on so many fronts, if everyone keeps at it they will have no energy left in 2020

Well yeah when you launch an improper assault on your own nation's gov, one of the results is fatigue.    But that ^ sounds like the kind of propaganda your man Tesla wouldn't have fallen for.

A Mickey Mouse operation

AOC sounded like Minnie Mouse at the endorsement rally for Bernie.   Like, spot on.   Any impressionist would have been proud of that Minnie voice.   Maybe we should get these two cartoon mice people together.

1 hour ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

This is true, it's a horrible look. 

I wish Hillary would stay quieter while we're trying to wean the field. She isn't my first choice if we were to abandon the whole lot of candidates anyways. Michelle Obama is the most formidable candidate not running, not Hillary

Micki is a no, though, as per Michelle herself, in her more profoundly honest self appraisal voice.  So... Hillary is acting like she's in the scrum.  Because she is.   Or plans to be, soon.  The knock on Tulsi is because this non-favored-by-the-DNC hottie is sounding more serious than the other goofballs and people are noticing, perhaps including the russians who always look for things to seize upon.   She may be a more real contender in the next election for dems in 2032.    So Hill is moving to squash the candidate she sees as a loose cannon, the biggest debate stage threat from the last couple debates.  And Hillary is still busy blaming her loss on other nations, conspiracies, men, anything other than admitting she was a bad candidate people didn't want to vote for.   The conspiracy was actually in her favor and she lost!  Imagine if it hadn't been rigged!

I fear we may see pretty boy Gavin Newsome enter the race late.   He seems to not give a shit about the governor gig, as if he intends to join all the other people who are fleeing California.  He's been sparring with the president like it's more relevant than addressing the meltdown of his state.   So don't be shocked if that happens.  

HEY!  Pete is moving up in one of the polls!   Was it Iowa?    He got up to 13% and 3rd place or some shit like that.    People who watched the debate said he made the biggest move up in positive rating.  Go Pete!

5 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

Eric Trump: “Sickening” How “Every Family in Politics Enriches Themselves”

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/10/eric-trump-sickening-how-family-politics-enriches-themselves.html

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

A weird story.

Mitt Romney has (had, now) a secret Twitter account named Pierre Delecto. He said he used it to keep tabs on the political scene, but he also used it to defend a politician, namely, Mitt Romney.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/10/mitt-romney-has-a-secret-twitter-account-and-it-sure-looks-like-its-this-one.html

If i didn’t know better i would swear Slate is running an Onion special this month.

28 minutes ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Well yeah when you launch an improper assault on your own nation's gov, one of the results is fatigue.    But that ^ sounds like the kind of propaganda your man Tesla wouldn't have fallen for.

What is "improper" about objecting to the Executive Branch engaging in unqualified self-dealing?  How is it not appropriate to object to corruption on that scale?

18 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

What is "improper" about objecting to the Executive Branch engaging in unqualified self-dealing?  How is it not appropriate to object to corruption on that scale?

It's not corruption if it's a Republican.  We've seen the same thing over an over.  Lying under oath, lying for security clearance, self dealing contracts, handing positions to the highest bidder.... oh and a trillion dollar deficit for policies that directly benefitted his bottom line.

But (R) behind the name means it's ok.  It's nothing nearly as serious as a tan jacket or asking for mustard on a hotdog.

35 minutes ago, sologdin said:

getting a lot done

like golf and non-consensual genital grabbing and violating 52 USC 30121 inter alia.

So much winning. Wait, I'm sorry - I had that wrong. So much "whining". Ah, that must have been what Cheeto Mussolini meant. He has the coloring and is the consistently out- maneuvered bootlicker of other dictators that is destined to fall in ignomity as the pet of those boots he so loved to lick.

7 minutes ago, aceluby said:

It's not corruption if it's a Republican.  We've seen the same thing over an over.  Lying under oath, lying for security clearance, self dealing contracts, handing positions to the highest bidder.... oh and a trillion dollar deficit for policies that directly benefitted his bottom line.

But (R) behind the name means it's ok.  It's nothing nearly as serious as a tan jacket or asking for mustard on a hotdog.

And that lack of consistency is insane.  But, then, that's part and parcel of "self-dealing" isn't it?

12 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

MoTO,

1.  Because corruption has existed in the past it excuses corruption in the existing administration?  Gosh, that's a little two faced on your part, isn't it?

2.  While it is possible to "impeach" members of the legislative branch it isn't the customary way of removing a member of either the House of Representatives or the Senate from office.  To the best of my knowledge it has only been attempted once and if the House can pull together a 2/3s vote for Articles of Impeachment for a member wouldn't it make more sense for the House to use the same vote to simply expel that member from the House of Representatives without the circus of a trial by the Senate?

I admire your patience to read thru that posters entire rants.

I find his virtual Trump bust polishing rather tiresome, altho I admit, I find it impressive how much he can write one handed.

3 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

A weird story.

Mitt Romney has (had, now) a secret Twitter account named Pierre Delecto. He said he used it to keep tabs on the political scene, but he also used it to defend a politician, namely, Mitt Romney.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/10/mitt-romney-has-a-secret-twitter-account-and-it-sure-looks-like-its-this-one.html

So, Mitt Romney is Mormon Batman?

Just in case you all wonder -- I heard AOC speaking Saturday at the Bernie Sanders rally and her voice, as usual, sounded as usual, resonant and full, a pleasing tone and key.  Nothing at all like Minnie Mouse, despite the lie posted here by a member of the ilks that find this woman terrifying.  :rolleyes:  Shame, shame, shame.  Not to mention claiming 'getting a lot done" by the rapist-in-chief includes destroying the economy, the environment, democracy, the government, and all like that, while his children whine about 'other politicians' kids getting financial breaks coz dad's a politician.'  You can hardly do better demonstrating ignoring facts and truth than these sorts of thing!

34 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

So...Mit Romney is Robert Stanek?

26 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

So, Mitt Romney is Mormon Batman?

Wrong, you clodhoppers. Mitt Romney is the political version of Kevin Durant.

Hearing this evening that the rethugs are mounting this same reason as to why, though they really really really disagree that betraying the Kurds should have been done, but this, like everything else that has caused an investigation into impeachment proceedings: it's just wrong to impeach and / or remove him from office now that there is an election in 12 months.

That was their reason for refusing to even allow Garland to be interviewed or nominated to the Supreme Court, because there was going to be an election.

Patterns, my friends, patterns to the behaviors of this party that has been hell-bent for years to destroy democracy and the federal government.

11 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

Eric Trump: “Sickening” How “Every Family in Politics Enriches Themselves”

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/10/eric-trump-sickening-how-family-politics-enriches-themselves.html

Are we sure the Onion hasn't hacked Slate? Though I guess its that whole always accuse your enemy of that for which you are guilty thing. Funny, I think I first came across this in House of Cards season 4(? the last season Spacey was in). But since hearing it for the first time I observe so many instances where it is being played out in real life, most notably in politics of course, but in other areas as well.

I kind of thought that given the circles she runs in and the bot army she has helping her it was obvious gabbard is being groomed as a russian asset. That doesnt mean she is a spy or even an agent - it means, like Trump, she's being used to improve russian goals. Being staunchly pro Assad is a good example. So is her saying so publicly that Trump didnt collude with the Russians and the Mueller report was bullshit. So was her going against the magnitsky act. 

Jill Stein is more overt here given her multiple trips and speaking gigs in Russia, but it isn't exactly a secret or a reach. 

Archived