Book characters lookalikes

Aldarion

Who in real life would come closest to how you imagined characters from the books?

Personally, I only have a few examples here, as all-and-all I feel GoT, for all its flaws, did casting very well. Stannis in particular was spot-on. So I will only list characters that were either a) not included or b) too far from how I imagined them.

(Young) Robert Baratheon - Geoff Capes

Rhaegar Targaryen - Devin Oliver or Emil Andersson

Young Jon Connington - Chris Martin

Robert Baratheon - Robbie Coltrane (as Hagrid)

Tommen Baratheon - Jeff Cohen from Goonies

Davos Seaworth - Stephen Merchant

Jon Snow - Ben Whishaw, minus 20 years

Illyrio Mopatis - Mike Myers as Fat Bastard (sorry, too few obese actors in Hollywood)

Jon Connington - Damian Lewis (in a decade?)

Aegon Targaryen / Young Griff - Jake Love

11 hours ago, Nagini's Neville said:

Oh my god! that's so great!! :agree::D  I'm still pretty upset Renly died so early. 

Thanks!! Here's a few more pictures.

I think he has the perfect look, height, and swagger for Renly, the only thing he doesn't have is a name, he'll forever be known as 2017-2018 Disneyland Loki. (I don't know if he's still there.) :crying:

58 minutes ago, Peach King said:

I think he has the perfect look, height, and swagger for Renly, the only thing he doesn't have is a name, he'll forever be known as 2017-2018 Disneyland Loki. (I don't know if he's still there.) :crying:

Oh no :laugh: 2017-2018 Disneyland Loki- he'll be forever in our hearts :wub:He really is perfect! 

On 10/22/2019 at 3:23 PM, Peach King said:

Interesting choice. I always imagines him as Ben Barnes playing Prince Caspian in Narnia. 

https://static.standard.co.uk/s3fs-public/thumbnails/image/2012/01/03/09/caspian2_243x213.jpg?width=1000&height=614&fit=bounds&format=pjpg&auto=webp&quality=70&crop=16:9,offset-y0.5

16 hours ago, Elegant Woes said:

That's actually how I imagine Jon Snow.

Giulio Berruti, an Italian actor and model, is another one of my fan casts for Renly.

And Tyler Blackburn as Theon,

Young Sharon Stone as Cersei,

Connie Nielson as Cat, are some other picks of mine.

34 minutes ago, Peach King said:

That's actually how I imagine Jon Snow.

Giulio Berruti, an Italian actor and model, is another one of my fan casts for Renly.

And Tyler Blackburn as Theon,

Young Sharon Stone as Cersei,

Connie Nielson as Cat, are some other picks of mine.

wow, they are all so good looking. Tbh in my mind the characters aren't all that beautiful. Jon and Theon look very normal. (Theon is even more on the plain side)

Yeah, Cersei is beautiful in my mind, too, but Cat is not a classic beauty. Beautiful too, but not in a movie star kind of way. More in a way, that her appearance just demands attention- if that makes sense. 

I pictured Renly to be attractive too, but not as flawless as Giulio Berruti- Disneyland-Loki perfekt to me :D he has the right swagger!

Did you know they fire their actors, if their name gets out?:ack: pretty ridiculous imo

13 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

wow, they are all so good looking. Tbh in my mind the characters aren't all that beautiful. Jon and Theon look very normal. (Theon is even more on the plain side)

Yeah, Cersei is beautiful in my mind, too, but Cat is not a classic beauty. Beautiful too, but not in a movie star kind of way. More in a way, that her appearance just demands attention- if that makes sense. 

I pictured Renly to be attractive too, but not as flawless as Giulio Berruti- Disneyland-Loki perfekt to me :D he has the right swagger!

Did you know they fire their actors, if their name gets out?:ack: pretty ridiculous imo

Well, considering that GRRM said he pictures Nicole Kidman as Cersei (who's incredibly beautiful), and Jaime looks like Cersei's replica except male, and  Sansa met Jaime before meeting Renly, but she still thought Renly was the handsomest man she had ever seen, I think Renly must be pants-droppingly hot. ^_^

Theon is described as handsome, so I do think Tyler Blackburn fits the bill.

You're right that Jon isn't noted as particularly attractive though, maybe Ben Barnes is too good looking for him. Kyle Allen

And Cat isn't a knockout like Cersei, she's pretty in more of a homely way as you said. Jennifer Ehle  would be better. (I think she actually tried out for the role but didn't get it)

And yep, Disney's rules suck. That's what happened to a Peter Pan a while back I think.

4 minutes ago, Peach King said:

Jennifer Ehle  would be better. (I think she actually tried out for the role but didn't get it)

I think Jennifer Ehle is gorgeous. :) 

Regardless, she didn’t try for the role, she was actually cast as Cat and was in the first pilot. The one that was so bad no one could tell Jaime and Cersei were siblings, among other things. That pilot was chucked, and she was replaced by Fairley. I think b/c of schedule, or she had just given birth or something like that. 

4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I think Jennifer Ehle is gorgeous. :) 

Regardless, she didn’t try for the role, she was actually cast as Cat and was in the first pilot. The one that was so bad no one could tell Jaime and Cersei were siblings, among other things. That pilot was chucked, and she was replaced by Fairley. I think b/c of schedule, or she had just given birth or something like that. 

Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Archived