Book characters lookalikes

Aldarion

49 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I think Jennifer Ehle is gorgeous. :) 

Regardless, she didn’t try for the role, she was actually cast as Cat and was in the first pilot. The one that was so bad no one could tell Jaime and Cersei were siblings, among other things. That pilot was chucked, and she was replaced by Fairley. I think b/c of schedule, or she had just given birth or something like that. 

You couldn't tell they were siblings? omg :laugh:  thats hilarious. I haven't really watched the show- only bits and pieces and I know that everybody is really unhappy.

That should have been a really big warning sign - I mean you've got to do something seriously wrong, that you don't get across something so essential to the story and it's also not hard to get across imo

I think she is gorgeous too and I could picture her as Cat actually.

1 hour ago, Peach King said:

Well, considering that GRRM said he pictures Nicole Kidman as Cersei (who's incredibly beautiful), and Jaime looks like Cersei's replica except male, and  Sansa met Jaime before meeting Renly, but she still thought Renly was the handsomest man she had ever seen, I think Renly must be pants-droppingly hot. ^_^

Theon is described as handsome, so I do think Tyler Blackburn fits the bill.

You're right that Jon isn't noted as particularly attractive though, maybe Ben Barnes is too good looking for him. Kyle Allen

And Cat isn't a knockout like Cersei, she's pretty in more of a homely way as you said. Jennifer Ehle  would be better. (I think she actually tried out for the role but didn't get it)

And yep, Disney's rules suck. That's what happened to a Peter Pan a while back I think.

Oh no, poor Peter :crying: now he has to grow up after all 

Yes, I guess it has less to do with the descriptions of the characters (even though I also include specific descriptions, when it comes to my imagination), and more with my imagination. I just happen to picture book characters most of the time looking more like ordinary ppl, than being very attractiv even sometimes, if they are described as attractive. 

And tbh I didn't remember, that Theon is supposed to be handsome, never pictured him that way, maybe because I don't like him.

But I do picture Dany, Sansa and Margaery as very pretty/beautiful, maybe because GRRM reminds us of that in every second sentence so it's hard to forget, actually all the Stark kids are cute in my mind including Jon (but not in a stand out kind of way)

I like Jennifer Ehle as Cat :D 

7 minutes ago, Elegant Woes said:

I have always imagined the Hound as a more pain-looking, dark haired version of two face in The Dark Knight.

Yeah me too!!:laugh: I had just posted about that. Just not with open mouth and cheek and not with the eye popping out like that. (eye still being fine)

But other than that .... pretty close :D

21 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

Imagine if they made ASOIAF in the early 90s, with Liam Neeson as The Hound.

Neeson as Darkman (1990)

Young Liam Neeson, I think, would have been pretty great for the role. He is really tall, has a crooked nose, deep raspy voice and is an amazing actor! He totally could have pulled it of.

Don't know the movie, but man the makeup/prosthetics look amazing! That's how I pictured the scars and I think, that's how the Hound should look like ( I mean his skin -not the rest :laugh:), because it's a big part of his character! 

Haven't really watched much of the show, but I've seen showHound and I just don't think his burns are severe enough, one half of his face should be burnt imo

11 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

Young Liam Neeson, I think, would have been pretty great for the role. He is really tall, has a crooked nose, deep raspy voice and is an amazing actor! He totally could have pulled it of.

Don't know the movie, but man the makeup/prosthetics look amazing! That's how I pictured the scars and I think, that's how the Hound should look like ( I mean his skin -not the rest :laugh:), because it's a big part of his character! 

Haven't really watched much of the show, but I've seen showHound and I just don't think his burns are severe enough, one half of his face should be burnt imo

I think it was done for practical reasons; Rory McCann (The Hound) said that wearing a more extensive makeup job limited his ability to see, and since The Hound has many fight scenes that would affect his ability.

23 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

I think it was done for practical reasons; Rory McCann (The Hound) said that wearing a more extensive makeup job limited his ability to see, and since The Hound has many fight scenes that would affect his ability.

Oh okay- that makes sense. And I guess a lot of that stuff, they do with cgi now and that probably wouldn't  have worked for GOT

21 hours ago, Nagini's Neville said:

oh really? I've always pictured him as this really big and strong, muscular dude

15 hours ago, Aldarion said:

Nah, Asa Butterfield isn't anywhere near big enough. Aaron Taylor-Johnson would be closer, I think.

3 hours ago, iberiandirewolf said:

He's Edric Storm for me!

I meant just his face. I almost included “only Gendry is stronger” to my post but I thought it was a given... Of course Gendry is strong, much stronger than Asa Butterfield. But his face, the colour of his eyes specially, it’s the perfect “ice blue” of the Baratheons in my mind. 

5 hours ago, Lady Dacey said:

I meant just his face. I almost included “only Gendry is stronger” to my post but I thought it was a given... Of course Gendry is strong, much stronger than Asa Butterfield. But his face, the colour of his eyes specially, it’s the perfect “ice blue” of the Baratheons in my mind. 

Thing is, body build and facial features are (usually) somewhat connected. So generally, person with more robust body will also have more robust face.

Archived