How does one change one's rank?

Lady Dacey

Our profiles have ranks according to how much we've posted, and usually it's stuff like "commoner" "freerider" or "council member". Some people have ranks that seems made up by themselves though. I don't know how to do that, and I wish I did. Can someone help me out? I just don't want to be a "noble". 

2 hours ago, Lady Dacey said:

Our profiles have ranks according to how much we've posted, and usually it's stuff like "commoner" "freerider" or "council member". Some people have ranks that seems made up by themselves though. I don't know how to do that, and I wish I did. Can someone help me out? I just don't want to be a "noble". 

From the Board FAQ:

Q. Just what are these posting levels?

A. As you post, the forum keeps a tally of your total. When you reach a certain number, your title will automatically change. Here is a listing of the levels:

Unregistered -- Wildling
Newly registered -- Commoner
25 posts -- Freerider
75 posts -- Sellsword
150 posts -- Squire
250 posts -- Hedge Knight
375 posts -- Landed Knight
525 posts -- Noble
700 posts -- Council Member

Once you reach Council Member, you will be able to change your title to something of your choosing via My Controls.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Yet another Arya ! said:

I take this opportunity to ask if it's normal if the number of messages does not evolve. I found out that I was stuck at "50 messages" since several messages.

Posts in Forum Games don't count for some reason.

• 10 months later...
11 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

OK, But Why that forum alone?

If you post mindless drivel or single letters anywhere else you get banned

not a specialst on forum games but I can imagine a game relying on series of numerous, quick and easy posts. So you post just to get higher rank, but you are justified... because you only play a game. How clever. Oh wait, the posts do not count!

I would put it more politely, but broken one is basically correct.

Short, one-line posts are discouraged on the forum in general as they inflate your post count and if you do that habitually those posts may be deleted. But that type of post is an essential component of many Forum Games. So the compromise is not to count posts on Forum Games towards post count. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived