Melisandre, Davos & Edric

Hugorfonics

I think theres a little Azor Ahai in most characters (all thats needed is to kill your love, be reborn and something about a red star. Happens all the time) and it drives the priests crazy

Joining with chaotic Fire may fray the sanity to begin with.  And shadow binding could lead to paranoia.   But then the fire religion has endured as if its foundation is solid, and Quaithe seems to offer sound advice, so... counterpoint.

I marveled at the "mel was in on the saving of Edric" thing above.   So she does what the flames show, even as the fire visions paint her and Stannis into an icy corner of the world to die.  Odd choice for fire visions.  Unless..... you do crazy things for sex, right?   Unlikely behaviors.  The mating ritual of Ice and Fire may be underway here.  And to get it on, somebody has to carry a torch into the heart of Ice?  (Because the Starks weren't getting it done by stabbing people through the heart with Ice the sword.  That was merely thrusting.  What's required here is elemental insemination).

It feels right, working it here on the wall.    This is where I, a fire creature, feel like i need to be.   Making myself available to..interactions.... with Other entities, which is entirely business related of course, because they're the enemy and I'm very professional.   Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go flirt with Jon.

- - - Melisandre

23 hours ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Joining with chaotic Fire may fray the sanity to begin with.  And shadow binding could lead to paranoia.   But then the fire religion has endured as if its foundation is solid, and Quaithe seems to offer sound advice, so... counterpoint.

Well, the whole religion is about to be put to the test. Its showtime, crazy gets justified around...now. Maybe. It won't just be Mel whos made a huge mistake, Aegon just took Stormsend! All of these Dany priests wont know what to do with themselves.

Its too progressive of a religion, choose your own messiah, I have know idea how this religions lasted thousands of years. Though its not like some red switch suddenly went off and all priests found their calling, after all Thoros is out here necromancing and judging Catelyn, not looking for Arya to Nissa Nissa her... Woah... I hope not.

Also, Quaithe is a red priest?

I marveled at the "mel was in on the saving of Edric" thing above.   

Its quite disturbing

So she does what the flames show, even as the fire visions paint her and Stannis into an icy corner of the world to die.  Odd choice for fire visions.  Unless..... you do crazy things for sex, right?   Unlikely behaviors.  The mating ritual of Ice and Fire may be underway here.  And to get it on, somebody has to carry a torch into the heart of Ice?  (Because the Starks weren't getting it done by stabbing people through the heart with Ice the sword.  That was merely thrusting.  What's required here is elemental insemination).

- - - Melisandre

Well Mel does admit that she can make a mistake, though Im beginning to think your right, and it is actually all about fucking Jon

"Are your fires never wrong?"

"Never … though we priests are mortal and sometimes err, mistaking this must come for this may come."

Jon could feel her heat, even through his wool and boiled leather. The sight of them arm in arm was drawing curious looks. They will be whispering in the barracks tonight.

Mistaking this must cum for this may cum; Slow down girl

On 10/29/2019 at 1:56 PM, Hugorfonics said:

Leverage. He needed a good distraction from his treason.

Which leads to the speculation if he was never "charmed" (which perhaps wanst even needed, its still an innocent child, a classmate of his son) why wouldnt he hand over the letter as soon as he read it, before the PW.

Though now that im writing this, it is asoiaf, right? All roads lead to Snow. Maybe Mels fire needed Jon to command the Wall for a bit to boost his resume (though, lets be honest, Sam stole the election).

Idk, I like the previous conclusion, Mel is full of shit and is trying to harden/corrupt Stannis, she also thinks a few moves in advance like most characters

Until he was so mad his vessels would pop and teeth shatter? What would happen if Florent showed him the letter, wouldnt Meli and Stannis reach the same conclusion that the NW are R'hllors ticket to the showdown? When it comes to signs from God that your a hero, a pleading letters not bad. 

See, im not so sure about all that. Mel wants to be keyed in on Stannis, probably was in Ashhai, but her visions are now of Jon. Likewise Moquorro looks for Dany but finds Tyrion with a smile, and the world shattering behind him. 

I think theres a little Azor Ahai in most characters (all thats needed is to kill your love, be reborn and something about a red star. Happens all the time) and it drives the priests crazy

Lol, trying to divine the will of the gods, when all the while the gods make mock of kings and commoners alike.

My own take: what do you get when you mix ice and fire? Water. The Drowned God will prevail in the end.

20 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

Lol, trying to divine the will of the gods, when all the while the gods make mock of kings and commoners alike.

Possibly. Two of the most conniving players the game has ever seen plotted an assassination on Tyrion. However the gods arent done with the Imp and chose a lesser soul, the king.

Tyrion reaches a similar conclusion without ever knowing how close he came to death

"The gods killed Joffrey. He choked on his pigeon pie."

20 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

My own take: what do you get when you mix ice and fire? Water. The Drowned God will prevail in the end.

Lol, I doubt thatll happen. But if it does and Euron, Victarion or Reek, or any of that combination is declared victorious, I won't be mad lol

22 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Possibly. Two of the most conniving players the game has ever seen plotted an assassination on Tyrion. However the gods arent done with the Imp and chose a lesser soul, the king.

Tyrion reaches a similar conclusion without ever knowing how close he came to death

Lol, I doubt thatll happen. But if it does and Euron, Victarion or Reek, or any of that combination is declared victorious, I won't be mad lol

And the squishers. Don't forget the squishers. And the Selkies, and the Merling King, and, best of all, Patchface.

Archived