Star Wars: The Circle is Almost Complete

Myrddin

On 11/7/2019 at 10:31 PM, Kalbear said:

Maybe? There is zero sign of any kind of global entertainment, news or anything like that. There isn't broad ftl communication. I think it would be closer to something like the texas rangers - some people would idolize them, some would know, most wouldn't have ever heard of them. 

Well, that's cuz other than making the series a couple times a decade ago, the Rangers have pretty much sucked for quite a while.  Anyway, I don't see much of a distinction between the seals and the rangers in terms of the point I was trying to make, I think we basically agree.  I guess the distinction would be Chuck Norris?

12 hours ago, karaddin said:

There's a real lack of leisure activities in general though, other than drinking at cantinas with live music and opera on coruscant.

If by opera you mean really fucking weird presentation that suggests a lot of coruscant's high society was on hallucinogenics.

13 hours ago, Ran said:

Don't forget Dejarik!

Oh it wasn't omitted due to forgetfulness. I guess I'll give them "board and card games an electronic format".

3 hours ago, DMC said:

If by opera you mean really fucking weird presentation that suggests a lot of coruscant's high society was on hallucinogenics.

I mean there was some kind of even in the sort of venue you'd watch opera at, during which a conversation took place that I do remember but have no idea what they were actually watching.

35 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Has it crashed yet?  Trying to load the app up and it is all about the "slow internet speeds check back..." and I know it isn't my connection...

That’s what I’m getting too.

ETA:  That’s on my Rokus for the TVs.  I just tried it with my phone and was able to pull up Rogue One.  So there’s some functionality out there. :dunno: 

33 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Okay.  Yup.  I’m sold.

And a bit pissed that the sequel trilogy isn’t half as good as this one hour I just watched.

You mean less than 40 minutes of the actual show right? 1 hour includes ads right? wish runtime was longer as with HBO/Netflix shows.

Overall it was very entertaining.

57 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

You mean less than 40 minutes of the actual show right? 1 hour includes ads right? wish runtime was longer as with HBO/Netflix shows.

Overall it was very entertaining.

However long it was.  Had no commercials for me.

32 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Insee a spoiler thread was started which is great, just a polite request to keep discussion there with the show being unavailable until March here? At least for a little while anyway...

That's why I started it up.  I think general "Its totally awesome" or "it sucks balls and is a total cash grab" impressions are fine in the general discussion, but I completely respect that some of you across the big pond are having to wait patiently.

14 minutes ago, RumHam said:

He? I doubt he had anything to do with it at this point.

That aside, what the actual fuck? I mean...I...what the fuck! Maclunkey? I laughed so hard at that i almost pooped. There has to be a good story about that.

Edit: DUUUH I'm an idiot, didn't read the article first.

Archived