House of the Dragon Series Order Announced

Westeros

8 hours ago, The Dragon Demands said:

EDIT: Oh good, the Reddit post actually does credit me.  Though I'd point out that Cogman's Dance of the Dragons prequel was registered LAST but suggested FIRST, due to scheduling delays - I cautioned in my videos that the filing date might just mean when they hashed out the scheduling details, and I don't put much importance on them beyond a broad level.  I'm more concerned with the dates at which these writers first pitched their ideas to GRRM himself.  Also the Reddit post said Goldman was "Spinoff #4" by process of elimination due to not listing her name, which was odd; actually it does list her personal production company, October Lodge, so we can confirm her pitch was "Spinoff #4".  Really, the only thing I was able to broadly guess at from their filing dates is that Carly Wray's seems to have been filed MONTHS after all the other ones, which were all filed within 2 weeks of each other, but that might just be due to her schedule.

Yep I was inspired by your comment here last month. I think our major difference is Carly Wary part, which you seem to believe was pitched later whereas I think was pitched as spinoff #3, since it's Apr. 2017 when they regitered spinoff #2 & #4, and HBO anounced Carly Wary a month later. 

Cogman learnt he could have a spinoff from GRRM in May 2017, via his vanityfair interview. So it's the latest of the five. Idk why you think it was suggested first.

I saw your comment mentioned October Lodge was Jane Goldman's company, but when I wrote the post I only searched "October Lodge+Jane Goldman" and found no results. So I reached the conclusion from anoter approch. I should have tried to google "October Lodge" alone...:bang: 

Didn't find anywhere here, sorry if it's double.  

Rumors about casting call for Daemon Targaryen: https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/08/17/house-of-the-dragon-prince/

Male, 40-50, lead. 

Casting calls for Rhaenyra and Alicent:  https://redanianintelligence.com/2020/07/18/hbos-game-of-thrones-prequel-house-of-the-dragons-is-looking-for-two-female-leads/

Rhaenyra actress to be in her "late twenties", Alicent to be "slightly older"

Archived