How would you kill a dragon?

Is he a ham?

Let's say you're a Westerosi lord and you're preparing to defend you land and keep against a dragon. How do you do it?

Here's my idea...

Get some brave, best of the best archers (or crossbowmen) and give them "fire arrows". However, instead of dipping these arrows in oil and lighting them, These arrows will just be dipped in wildfire. The archers will wait until the dragon come down low and open its mouth, preparing to breath fire, and loose the arrows into the dragon's heated throat, blowing it up from the inside out or at least causing brain damage (wildfire seems to have an explosive effect rather than just being hot). Alternatively, these archers could stand at a distant and shoot into the stream of fire a dragon is breathing, igniting the wildfire, and causing a concussive air burst effect, hopefully stunning the dragon or at least, knocking off the rider.

As long as you're dealing with its butt you're better off than the people attacking it from the front.    Unless magma farts fly out as soon as you strike it there.  But that shouldn't happen.    You can trust me on that.  Now go hop on your griffin, which will give you a sharper turning radius than the dragon, and fire the griffin- mounted harpoon into the dragon's ass.   Then, when the dragon tries to circle round on you to breathe fire, you simply make it miss by pulling its hind quarters sideways via rectal centrifuge forces.  It's all physics.

Give it some sheeps, full of bitumen and pitch, wait for it to eat, and then if you're lucky it will mess up with his mouth, if he tries to dragon's breath you he will burn himself in his on mouth, this is when you need several people to kill it later on.

PS: I'm not that original, I took if from the novels of The Witcher.

13 hours ago, Is he a ham? said:

Let's say you're a Westerosi lord and you're preparing to defend you land and keep against a dragon. How do you do it?

Here's my idea...

Get some brave, best of the best archers (or crossbowmen) and give them "fire arrows". However, instead of dipping these arrows in oil and lighting them, These arrows will just be dipped in wildfire. The archers will wait until the dragon come down low and open its mouth, preparing to breath fire, and loose the arrows into the dragon's heated throat, blowing it up from the inside out or at least causing brain damage (wildfire seems to have an explosive effect rather than just being hot). Alternatively, these archers could stand at a distant and shoot into the stream of fire a dragon is breathing, igniting the wildfire, and causing a concussive air burst effect, hopefully stunning the dragon or at least, knocking off the rider.

Shoot it through the eye, and I would practice this by shooting at apples that someone else throws over a river.

Archived