TWOW in July 2020 seems ever more likely

Alyn Oakenfist

3 hours ago, Jekse said:

as much as I'd hope he meant Winds when he wrote this, the JCC often has book events for re-releases of volumes in the asoiaf series, among

other things. Doesn't necessarily mean it's the Winds he's talking about :/

The illustrated version of ASOS doesn't release until November, though. Surely GRRM hopes to open his cinema earlier than that?

11 minutes ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

The illustrated version of ASOS doesn't release until November, though. Surely GRRM hopes to open his cinema earlier than that?

As much as I want the next book; I hope that he is cautious.  He is of an age where he is more susceptible to corvid and I don't know if he has underlying health issues.  I'm in the same boat and I'm wary of a second wave in the fall and a third around Xmas.  I wouldn't want to lose him prematurely. 

On 5/25/2020 at 8:13 AM, LynnS said:

As much as I want the next book; I hope that he is cautious.  He is of an age where he is more susceptible to corvid and I don't know if he has underlying health issues.  I'm in the same boat and I'm wary of a second wave in the fall and a third around Xmas.  I wouldn't want to lose him prematurely. 

https://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2020/03/17/strange-days/

For those of you who may be concerned for me personally… yes, I am aware that I am very much in the most vulnerable population, given my age and physical condition.   But I feel fine at the moment, and we are taking all sensible precautions.  I am off by myself in a remote isolated location, attended by one of my staff, and I’m not going in to town or seeing anyone.   Truth be told, I am spending more time in Westeros than in the real world, writing every day.   Things are pretty grim in the Seven Kingdoms… but maybe not as grim as they may become here.

12 hours ago, Table8 said:

GRRM had the chance to complete a work that would have potentially been an all time classic.  He blew it.  I’m sure he is enjoying his money.

I don't believe one minute it's a question of money. It's doing the things he enjoys. And finishing ASoIaF has become extremely complex and difficult. But Yeah, ASoIaF without his end, is like LOTR without ROTK.

On 5/31/2020 at 9:35 PM, Table8 said:

GRRM had the chance to complete a work that would have potentially been an all time classic.  He blew it.  I’m sure he is enjoying his money.

He's still working on the book.

Have a little faith. I'm positive that -- one way or another -- we will have a cohesive end to the series.

5 hours ago, Kinglourious said:

Did anyone see that the website www.thewindsofwinter.com was also updated yesterday? It seems to have some kind of loading screen at the back. 

For some reason it's now sending back the static HTML from icloud.com. Seems to be a copy-paste job. Makes no sense. Do we know who owns this address?

On 6/5/2020 at 4:16 AM, BlackLightning said:

He's still working on the book.

Have a little faith. I'm positive that -- one way or another -- we will have a cohesive end to the series.

But an ending from anyone else but GRRM still isn't the same thing. Who can guarantee that it will be any better than what we got from the show? 

5 hours ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

But an ending from anyone else but GRRM still isn't the same thing. Who can guarantee that it will be any better than what we got from the show? 

Any writer can do better than we got in the show.

The fact that we had the show makes it that much clearer to GRRM that if he is not able to finish on his own, that he needs raise his standards and intensely screen any co-writers or ghostwriters. He didn't really do that great of a job vetting Dumb&Dumber and he gave up too much power to them and HBO. I doubt he will make the same mistake again.

I think GRRM is and will continue to use an outline for these final two books (but especially the last one). He has no choice.

11 hours ago, Euron III Greyjoy said:

Well? Does it still seem likely?  xD

An announcement in July could still happen. GRRM is isolated with his writing machine, after all, so I'd say the likelihood of it getting done in July is higher than in a normal July.

But if it doesn't happen, the thread might need a rename. If July passes with no announcement or indication of progress, I propose "The curious 2020 case of TWOW optimism".

8 hours ago, QhorinQuarterhand said:

Yikes. I wish it would end. We need new material to argue about.

For real, I feel like I've read every theory, analysed ever scene etc. I just want some new material :/ 

Archived