Triskele

NFL 2019 Midway Point: Gase into the Abyss

Seemed like we were about at the time for a new thread.

Gase has to be in big trouble even though he's not been there long with that loss to a team that's trying to tank, neh?  That first game back for Darnold against Dallas seems like a fluke now, and the are not getting better in year 2 with the new QB.  

Total debacle for Green Bay today.  Melvin being fully back in the swing was on display for Chargers' running game.  The Chargers have an uncanny ability to have several disappointing, close early season losses only to play themselves back into things mid point of the season and then come up just short.  This is like every year for them.  

And the Niners will be the last undefeated team standing... I’ll be damned.

Woulda been a perfect day for the Niners if the Bucs could've finished/tied the Hawks.  Packers and Vikings losing was nice as well.

Also, the Browns are still the Browns.  Let this be a lesson to all to never buy the hype.  The NFL is a punishing league for up and comers.  Most teams show signs on the field before it shows up in the win column.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

:lmao:

Wait, is that genuinely what Mayfield looked like in the press conference after the game? Jesus. :lol:

Poor guy's just trying to catch the next Mumford & Sons show!

I'll freely admit I don't really know that much about football. But every instinct I have told me that the Gase hire was completely terrible from the moment it was announced, and it seems I am vindicated.

I don't know what it is about the Jets, but they always make the worst decisions; no matter who is running the team. And I don't think its the owner either; from everything I've seen, Woody Johnson is pretty hands-off about everything. They did just bring in a new team president in September, but I don't know what his responsibilities are; whether he could fire the GM and head coach and just clean house.

Bleh, I have no idea how we lost that game.

Also, Tyreek Hill is fast…

13 hours ago, DMC said:

Woulda been a perfect day for the Niners if the Bucs could've finished/tied the Hawks.  Packers and Vikings losing was nice as well.

Totally true story: when I first remembered all yesterday’s results this morning I briefly wondered if I had just dreamed them. 

10 hours ago, Rhom said:

:lmao:

I thought this was a joke. Man, Cleveland ages you faster than alcohol. 

So, my biggest fear going into this week for the Pats was that after playing the ravens we would know if the pats were for real or not.

And, oh shit, if that's the case, the Pats have major problems.  

In a nutshell, the pats were manhandled and out-physicaled on both sides of the ball.  The Ravens, graciously, made two bone-headed turnovers that kept the pats in the game.  Then Julian Edleman - just as graciously - gave the ball back for a scoop-six and sealed the pats fate.  Meanwhile, the Ravens relied on a dynamic and effective running game behind Jackson who did double duty as RB and QB and looked comfortable in both rolls.  Oh, and Brady is throwing the ball to like 2 guys now; one of them is Sanu so that's a cause for hope, but generally, as good as the young WRs have looked, Brady will not got them.  And the Pats would be better off with a cardboard cut-out of Gronk than anyone playing TE now.  

The Ravens look like the 2019 spoiler for the Pats.  And that's being charitable.  The ravens, traditionally, have been the team to nuke the Pats in the playoffs SPECIFICALLY because the Ravens do not blink at the Pats, Brady or Belichick.  They are not intimidated; they rise to the occasion and they play tough, physical football.  Here, the Ravens took legit risks; they played to their strengths and put together not just an amazing game plan, but had guys who implemented it to perfection.  Jackson was a complete stud.  

And at the center of this is a sneaking suspicion that the Pats did not just lose a game, but were utterly exposed.  And that that D has MAJOR problems (in a nutshell, the LBs cannot cover and the front line may not be able to take a punch in the teeth).  The Pats D was the Boogeymen who made shitty QBs see ghosts.  Now?  Now... I don't want to play the Ravens in the postseason.  Its a horrid match up for that D.  And then.,.. what about the next 4 weeks playing the Eagles, Cowboys and Chiefs?  

Ah... I was afraid that we would learn who the Pats were after playing the Ravens.  And if that's the case... I fear the league learned something incredibly valuable.  

Remember, there are people who are paid literally millions of dollars a year to make professional decisions about football hiring and management, and those people all said 'yes, Mitch Trubisky is a better option than DeShaun Watson'. 

1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

Remember, there are people who are paid literally millions of dollars a year to make professional decisions about football hiring and management, and those people all said 'yes, Mitch Trubisky is a better option than DeShaun Watson'. 

I really felt the Niners fleeced the Bears on that trade from the get go... but Reuben Foster did Reuben Foster things and now I don’t know what we got for it.

19 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I really felt the Niners fleeced the Bears on that trade from the get go... but Reuben Foster did Reuben Foster things and now I don’t know what we got for it.

Yeah no way you can anticipate that - Foster looked like a pretty promising piece his rookie year, and Thomas has been solid but quite disappointing for the third pick overall....BUT, ShanaLynch still passed on both Watson and Mahomes when they just took over and clearly had a good amount of slack/job security for the time being.  Obviously, a solid handful of teams passed on them too.  But after taking Alex Smith over Rodger last decade, it's another one of those cases of "can't help but wonder."

2 hours ago, Rockroi said:

So, my biggest fear going into this week for the Pats was that after playing the ravens we would know if the pats were for real or not.

And, oh shit, if that's the case, the Pats have major problems.  

In a nutshell, the pats were manhandled and out-physicaled on both sides of the ball.  The Ravens, graciously, made two bone-headed turnovers that kept the pats in the game.  Then Julian Edleman - just as graciously - gave the ball back for a scoop-six and sealed the pats fate.  Meanwhile, the Ravens relied on a dynamic and effective running game behind Jackson who did double duty as RB and QB and looked comfortable in both rolls.  Oh, and Brady is throwing the ball to like 2 guys now; one of them is Sanu so that's a cause for hope, but generally, as good as the young WRs have looked, Brady will not got them.  And the Pats would be better off with a cardboard cut-out of Gronk than anyone playing TE now.  

The Ravens look like the 2019 spoiler for the Pats.  And that's being charitable.  The ravens, traditionally, have been the team to nuke the Pats in the playoffs SPECIFICALLY because the Ravens do not blink at the Pats, Brady or Belichick.  They are not intimidated; they rise to the occasion and they play tough, physical football.  Here, the Ravens took legit risks; they played to their strengths and put together not just an amazing game plan, but had guys who implemented it to perfection.  Jackson was a complete stud.  

And at the center of this is a sneaking suspicion that the Pats did not just lose a game, but were utterly exposed.  And that that D has MAJOR problems (in a nutshell, the LBs cannot cover and the front line may not be able to take a punch in the teeth).  The Pats D was the Boogeymen who made shitty QBs see ghosts.  Now?  Now... I don't want to play the Ravens in the postseason.  Its a horrid match up for that D.  And then.,.. what about the next 4 weeks playing the Eagles, Cowboys and Chiefs?  

Ah... I was afraid that we would learn who the Pats were after playing the Ravens.  And if that's the case... I fear the league learned something incredibly valuable.  

:crying: that's me. At your terrible misfortune. To LOSE!!!! A whole GAME!!! Oh dear! 

Take your 'like'. I give it to you out of love. And friendship. But pick up your dignity and go fuck yourself, Ser!