Triskele

NFL 2019 Midway Point: Gase into the Abyss

Seattle will defeat the Patriots in the Super Bowl.  This information is based on Seattle being my team and the Patriots not being my team.  Also the Patriots beat Seattle already in the Super Bowl so it's fair that Seattle wins this year.

14 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

The Pats haven’t really been good value for a 10-1 record.  They generally improve later in the season anyway, but so far they’ve built that record against a soft schedule.  It’s really hard to evaluate them yet. 

It’ll get interesting when Gronk un-retires for the play-offs. 

Gronk is not coming back this year. He's already signed to host some dopey Super Bowl party. The early returns on his entertainment career have not looked good, so I wouldn't completely write off the possibility of a 2020 return, but definitely not this year.

6 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Lamar prayer:

Lamar who art in M&T stadium, give us a AFC Championship and deliver us from the evil Brady. Lead us with TD's on the ground and through the air. Forgive us hating Belicic the dick.

For thine is the MVP

Amen 

I am all for Lamar getting the MVP. He deserves it. Also, the MVP hasn't won the Super Bowl in 20 years.

Dallas/Pats game the highest rated regular season game since 2007.  So much for cord cutters, LOL.  America's Team v. The Team America Loves to Hate.

As part of Louisville hate week around here, I can’t even muster up a healthy disdain for Lamar... but this is a quality observation:

That is Bobby Petrino’s son who has now topped out as UT-Martin’s running backs coach now that his dad is out of coaching.

7 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Dallas/Pats game the highest rated regular season game since 2007.  So much for cord cutters, LOL.  America's Team v. The Team America Loves to Hate.

Imagine a Dallas vs NE superbowl, prices and ratings through the roof. But, Dallas isn't good enough to get out of the first round so that isn't happening.

Nice to see the NFL acknowledge those BS tripping calls were wrong. Doesn't help now but at least they admitted it.

Oh and that Lamar guy, he is pretty good for a RB.

25 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Imagine a Dallas vs NE superbowl, prices and ratings through the roof. 

It would also easily be the most likely to have a terrorist attempt to blow everyone up there, with onlookers cheering

25 minutes ago, dbunting said:

HOW DARE YOU

he's obviously a WR

53 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Imagine a Dallas vs NE superbowl, prices and ratings through the roof. But, Dallas isn't good enough to get out of the first round so that isn't happening.

Nice to see the NFL acknowledge those BS tripping calls were wrong. Doesn't help now but at least they admitted it.

I would love that, as a Pat's fan:)  But a Dallas/NE superbowl might smash all previous viewership records, in fact it almost surely would,  and your coach would keep his job another year, which right now doesn't look likely....but I wonder who JJ will hire?

7 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I would love that, as a Pat's fan:)  But a Dallas/NE superbowl might smash all previous viewership records, in fact it almost surely would,  and your coach would keep his job another year, which right now doesn't look likely....but I wonder who JJ will hire?

Well I'd assume Urban Meyer just to fuck with me since I hate OSU and for him to go to the Cowboys would just kill me.

TV coverage maps are bizarre sometimes for the NFL.

Coverage for December 1 games.

I was looking to see if I would get Baltimore v SF or if I would be hitting a bar.  Looks like most of the country without a specific other regional rooting interest is getting it.  So why is there an arc going through Indiana and Ohio that is getting Rams v Cardinals?  And what did the Charlotte market ever do to deserve that same match up?

The best I can figure is that they are getting the CBS match-up for their main game in the early time slot and so they are getting the late game on Fox later.  :dunno: 

@Rhom, Gah!  They're actually gonna subject my area to GB-NY for the FOX single game?!  Where I live (Bismarck, ND) is overwhelmingly Vikings country with, now, a healthy dose of Philly fever due to Wentz.  Of course, I'd much rather see SF-Balt.

And what're the odds of a bench-clearing brawl in that CLE-PIT game?:P (totally joking with this - they'll probably be on their best behavior)

Just now, Prince of the North said:

@Rhom, Gah!  They're actually gonna subject my area to GB-NY for the FOX single game?!  Where I live (Bismarck, ND) is overwhelmingly Vikings country with, now, a healthy dose of Philly fever due to Wentz.  Of course, I'd much rather see SF-Balt.

And what're the odds of a bench-clearing brawl in that CLE-PIT game?:P (totally joking with this - they'll probably be on their best behavior)

My condolences on the first.

And the odds on the second went down with the announcement that Duck Phillips errr Hodges is going to start the game for the Steelers.

44 minutes ago, Rhom said:

TV coverage maps are bizarre sometimes for the NFL.

Coverage for December 1 games.

I was looking to see if I would get Baltimore v SF or if I would be hitting a bar. 

What.  The.  Fuck.  Live in Pittsburgh, so now I gotta hit up the Bdubs during a Steelers game which means it will be packed to the rafters with their mouth-breathing fans.  And that Bdubs is literally my only option because for some ridiculous reason it's the only bar in the damn city with NFL ticket.*  Generally I like living here, but that and all the damn tunnels making traffic disproportionately slow for how many cars are on the road really grinds my gears sometimes.  Oh, and fuck you NFL, Fox, CBS, and anyone else involved in this absurd decision.  I mean, c'mon, at least Baltimore is a rival of the Steelers!

*This must be an exaggeration, I can't imagine it's the only bar in the city with NFL ticket.  But, it is the only one within a reasonable vicinity of where I live - about a 5-6 mile radius.  I assume there are bars with ticket downtown, but no chance in hell I'm trying to get there on football Sunday.

1 minute ago, DMC said:

What.  The.  Fuck.  Live in Pittsburgh, so now I gotta hit up the Bdubs during a Steelers game which means it will be packed to the rafters with their mouth-breathing fans.  And that Bdubs is literally my only option because for some ridiculous reason it's the only bar in the damn city with NFL ticket.*  Generally I like living here, but that and all the damn tunnels making traffic disproportionately slow for how many cars are on the road really grinds my gears sometimes.  Oh, and fuck you NFL, Fox, CBS, and anyone else involved in this absurd decision.  I mean, c'mon, at least Baltimore is a rival of the Steelers!

*This must be an exaggeration, I can't imagine it's the only bar in the city with NFL ticket.  But, it is the only one within a reasonable vicinity of where I live - about a 5-6 mile radius.  I assume there are bars with ticket downtown, but no chance in hell I'm trying to get there on football Sunday.

Well... they are mouth breathers, but on the plus side... they are mouth breathers who will be actively cheering against the Ravens.  So there is that.  :dunno: 

Just now, Rhom said:

Well... they are mouth breathers, but on the plus side... they are mouth breathers who will be actively cheering against the Ravens.  So there is that.  :dunno: 

Meh they'll all be too focused on whether the Steelers can beat the Browns to keep their hopes alive that they can earn the right to lose in the wildcard round.

I have a buddy with the NFL package that I can watch SF v. B'More with, but I still want to kill someone over getting Rams Cardinals instead just on principle.  Should someone not die for this?  

3 hours ago, DMC said:

quit complaining and just go to city works

36 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

quit complaining and just go to city works

Never!  During a Steeler game, that is.

9 hours ago, Triskele said:

Should someone not die for this?  

I nominate Roger Goodell. He should always be our default pick whenever there's any "who to smite" confusion.