Triskele

NFL 2019 Midway Point: Gase into the Abyss

1 hour ago, aceluby said:

It's a hard life being a Pats fan.

Boston sports fans, your daily reminder why you shouldn’t get too emotional about your sports teams.

Garrett is gonna prolly keep his job due to the NFC East being complete garbage. I don’t really want McCarthy as the next Giants coach but he’s for sure an upgrade over Schurmur.

5 minutes ago, The Last Storm said:

Garrett is gonna prolly keep his job due to the NFC East being complete garbage. I don’t really want McCarthy as the next Giants coach but he’s for sure an upgrade over Schurmur.

I guess, going from bad to mediocre/sometimes bad/sometimes good is an upgrade, but not by much.

I'd guess JJ will fire Garrett at the end of the year, he's totally delusional that he thinks the Cowboys can make a run at the Superbowl, but then, that's about par for the course.

Redskins the coach killers are at it again!  Riverboat Ron is out at Carolina after doing the inexcusable by losing to the Skins.

Makes sense. Panthers need to restart, dump Cam and just rebuild around McCaffrey.

26 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Makes sense. Panthers need to restart, dump Cam and just rebuild around McCaffrey.

Any time you can jettison your former MVP quarterback and build around a running back, you gotta do it!

9 minutes ago, briantw said:

Any time you can jettison your former MVP quarterback and build around a running back, you gotta do it!

Cam is broken. If he's healthy, I'm in on him. But if not, he's one of the worst QBs. He has the longest active streak of pass attempts without a TD in the NFL. He's also taken more hits than any other player since 2011. That's troubling.

Random states. 

Since week 4, Tom Brady is statistically the third worst QB in the NFL.

The Vikings are 0-14-1 over their last 15 road outdoors games. Comparatively, they're 13-2 in their last 15 dome games, regardless if it's home or away. Long story short is that they need to play NO and hope they can catch the Cowboys in the NFC Championship. :ack:

6 hours ago, The Last Storm said:

Watch your mouth! He needs to be fired now to try to light a fire under the players asses and possibly salvage this screwed up waste of a season.

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

Redskins the coach killers are at it again!  Riverboat Ron is out at Carolina after doing the inexcusable by losing to the Skins.

Didn't work for Detroit though... they went in and lost and then lost again and still no changes in Lion town.

7 hours ago, The Last Storm said:

I’d take literally anyone here to coach Gmen over Shurmur. He’s still running the offense as if their O-line is solid, and hasn’t been hot garbage for the last 2 fucking seasons. It’s insanity. 

Pretty sure Garrett is gone after this season too. 

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Cam is broken. If he's healthy, I'm in on him. But if not, he's one of the worst QBs. He has the longest active streak of pass attempts without a TD in the NFL. He's also taken more hits than any other player since 2011. That's troubling.

I'd like to see how Cam looks with a full season off before I proclaim him done.  

At any rate, the Panthers were a McCaffrey driven offense this year and they...are 5-7 and just fired their coach.  I just don't think building around a RB, even one as good as McCaffrey, is a viable long-term strategy.  The position is too volatile and careers are too short.  Personally, I worry that they are going to run McCaffrey into the ground before the team around him is good enough to go anywhere.

14 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Since week 4, Tom Brady is statistically the third worst QB in the NFL.

TB12 is approaching 3 seasons of games w/out Gronk (since 2010) and in those 3 seasons he has equivalent numbers of Tannehill at Miami.  With Gronk he has numbers around where Rodgers has been for his career average.

We saw it every time Gronk got injured and every time he returned, but this season I think it's the most apparent.  That offense (and TB12) has been borderline non-functional this decade without him on the field.

Edited by aceluby

1 hour ago, aceluby said:

TB12 is approaching 3 seasons of games w/out Gronk (since 2010) and in those 3 seasons he has equivalent numbers of Tannehill at Miami.  With Gronk he has numbers around where Rodgers has been for his career average.

We saw it every time Gronk got injured and every time he returned, but this season I think it's the most apparent.  That offense (and TB12) has been borderline non-functional this decade without him on the field.

Honestly I feel like Brady is riding off of his 50 TD season, and that was more about Moss than him. This isn’t meant to throw shade at Brady, but he’s basically the greatest game manager there’s ever been.

35 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Honestly I feel like Brady is riding off of his 50 TD season, and that was more about Moss than him. This isn’t meant to throw shade at Brady, but he’s basically the greatest game manager there’s ever been.

He's perfect.  He has not played poorly this year, there's just no one to throw to once Edleman doesn't have Gronk clearing out massive voids for him.

51 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

He's perfect.  He has not played poorly this year, there's just no one to throw to once Edleman doesn't have Gronk clearing out massive voids for him.

The stat I heard yesterday was that he’s been the third worst QB this season when it comes to ball placement. The only two worse than him are Winston and Josh Allen. Yikes…

11 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The stat I heard yesterday was that he’s been the third worst QB this season when it comes to ball placement. The only two worse than him are Winston and Josh Allen. Yikes…

I have no idea what that stat is or how it is measured. What I do have an idea about is bad quarterbacking. Tom Brady has not been bad. He's playing far better than Breese at this point and while he no longer has the physical skills to be a top-10 QB he's nowhere near the shambolic corpse that Fivehead became.

The O-line is trash, the receivers are worse. The man's 42 years old and 5th in passing yardage on a team with 2 losses... just stop. Stop it. He's not fucking dead.

5 hours ago, aceluby said:

Lol, except for that time they won a Super Bowl with Gronk on IR after Week 12.

On 12/3/2019 at 7:35 PM, dbunting said:

Watch your mouth! He needs to be fired now to try to light a fire under the players asses and possibly salvage this screwed up waste of a season.

Don’t worry, Eli is gonna beat the Eagles for you on Monday night so just beat the bears and you almost have the division locked.

The absurd notion that Brady has been riding on the coattails of a season that happened 12 years ago when he's put up very good to great numbers until what, 2018? is crazy revisionist talk. Since 2007 Brady has gone to 5 superbowls and won 3. And only the last one was he not the main reason that they were in the mix or winning.