Triskele

NFL 2019 Midway Point: Gase into the Abyss

2 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

:crying: that's me. At your terrible misfortune. To LOSE!!!! A whole GAME!!! Oh dear! 

Take your 'like'. I give it to you out of love. And friendship. But pick up your dignity and go fuck yourself, Ser!

I mean ... yeah ... that's fair...

17 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I thought this was a joke. Man, Cleveland ages you faster than alcohol. 

Yep...the only thing that possibly rivals it is being a POTUS who actually gives a shit:(

49 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Yep...the only thing that possibly rivals it is being a POTUS who actually gives a shit:(

TBF, Trump’s hair and skin situation complicates things with regards to judging how one is aging.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

TBF, Trump’s hair and skin situation complicates things with regards to judging how one is aging.

True.  If it's the case that only the good die young...then Trump will live forever.  His incalculable ignorance combined with his colossal corruption sustain him.  Sorry for bringing politics into the NFL thread.  It's just that the joke photo about Cleveland preternaturally aging Mayfield reminded me of all those before-and-after photos of past presidents showing them to seemingly age about 40 years during their 8 years in the White House:P

And in the NFL, just a feeling based on nothing, but I think Minshew knowing they were going to hand the reins back to Foles no matter what effected his play...

21 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I thought this was a joke. Man, Cleveland ages you faster than alcohol. 

At this point I think we have to consider the possibility that baker mayfield was actually three kids in an overcoat this whole time

On 11/4/2019 at 7:00 PM, Rockroi said:

Ah... I was afraid that we would learn who the Pats were after playing the Ravens.  And if that's the case... I fear the league learned something incredibly valuable.  

I doubt it. The Patriots usually have one or two games a season which lead people to think "Well, they've had a remarkable run, but it looks like it's finally over -- they're still better than average, but they won't get far playing like that." Remember the Kansas City game back in 2014? Or the Lions and Titans games last year? The only difference is that this year, they've played almost entirely sub-par teams for the first half of the season and were undefeated for longer than usual.

The problem with my statement in quotation marks above is that while the final clause is not wrong, the premise is that they'll continue playing like this and this usually does not happen. For the same reason, what the league has learned is not all that valuable. Yes, they now know some weaknesses... but Darth Hoodie knows them too now and such knowledge is usually more powerful in his hands than in those of his competitors. Of course, it is possible that this time is finally different, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but perhaps the (at pace) best rushing team OF ALL TIME isn't going to be hosting Belichick for the next 7 weeks and beyond. 

And folks acting like the Pats got blown out can go blow themselves. They fell into a 17 point hole and no one with a brain stem thought the game was even out of hand. The Ravens played great, the Pats played well. Their "the sky is falling" situation is a 2 score loss to the other conference contender. Gimmie a fucking break.

7 hours ago, Kalbear said:

At this point I think we have to consider the possibility that baker mayfield was actually three kids in an overcoat this whole time

I'm not above taking this opportunity to brag about how just before the season I commented along the lines of "are we sure that Cleveland is set forever at QB?"  Not like i was the only one, but the consensus that they were legit new team was nigh-ubiquitous.  

That said, I am surprised that they and he have been this inept to where it's arguable that they're not even improved.  

12 minutes ago, Triskele said:

I'm not above taking this opportunity to brag about how just before the season I commented along the lines of "are we sure that Cleveland is set forever at QB?"  Not like i was the only one, but the consensus that they were legit new team was nigh-ubiquitous.  

That said, I am surprised that they and he have been this inept to where it's arguable that they're not even improved.  

I thought they would be a .500 team. But I'm quite pleased at their disastrous run.

44 minutes ago, Triskele said:

31 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I thought they would be a .500 team. But I'm quite pleased at their disastrous run.

I figured they were still the Browns.

I have to admit I was a kool aid drinking fool. I thought the Browns would be above .500 this season. Wow, what a train wreck.  The team has all the bells and whistles of a Bentley and the power train of a mid 80's Yugo.

Bears could actually win, albeit with Detroit missing Stafford.  One missed PAT makes it just a bit less secure than it should be. 

I have been informed that as a new resident of CT, I am a New Englander now and owe my allegiance to the Pats.   Despite the local TV stations leaning toward the NY market. 

16 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Falcons with the upset of the day, although Browns may yet push them close for that. 

The Browns were favored somehow, so not sure it qualifies as an upset.

18 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Falcons with the upset of the day, although Browns may yet push them close for that. 

Brees, failing fantasy teams everywhere. Not a single touchdown. 

15 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

I have been informed that as a new resident of CT, I am a New Englander now and owe my allegiance to the Pats.   Despite the local TV stations leaning toward the NY market. 

Blasphemy... but welcome to the state. I’m assuming you’re in the southwestern part like myself? Way more NY fans in these parts, also a disturbing amount of Cowboys fans too though.

I’m really hoping Shurmur doesn’t get the rookie QB pass this year. He is a fucking disaster. 

41 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

The Chiefs lost with Mahomes back too.

31 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

The Chiefs lost with Mahomes back too.

Oh shit... they did?  We were eating and Chiefs were up with the ball late in the game.  I’m just now getting home and checking important things like this message board.  This demands highlights!