Triskele

NFL 2019 Midway Point: Gase into the Abyss

On 12/5/2019 at 10:57 PM, Triskele said:

New Rule:  Division winner must be at least 9-7 to make the playoffs otherwise the spot falls to a 3rd wildcard team.  

Dislike.  Reduces importance of division games.  Schedules are balanced within divisions but not across divisions (14 games against common opponents).  Plus makes week 16/17 more interesting when more teams have a shot.    You don't deserve jack shit for being one break away from a .500 team IMO.  In a 16 game season, record is a much weaker indicator of team strength than in a sport with 80+ or 162 games.  Thems the breaks.

I'd rather simply seed the slots in order of record but guarantee division winners. You can still get in at 9 and 7 but you won't get a home game. 

40 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I'd rather simply seed the slots in order of record but guarantee division winners. You can still get in at 9 and 7 but you won't get a home game. 

This is my thought as well.

That seems like an OK compromise.  It's just insane to think that a 7-9 playoff team is still on the table this year.  

1 hour ago, Triskele said:

That seems like an OK compromise.  It's just insane to think that a 7-9 playoff team is still on the table this year.  

7-9 Seattle not only got in... but won over an objectively better Saints team.

I haven’t been able to watch NFL since we moved to CT, so I haven’t posted about the Bears recent uptick.  It’s nice that they’re back above .500, but realistically they’ve only beaten one good team (Vikings) all season.  Even if there is a tiny possibility of still getting a wild card spot by beating the Vikes again (although I think the Packers will end that hope next week), this isn’t a team that can compete against play-off caliber teams. 

If Mayfield could stop sucking for the rest of the afternoon that would be great. The Bengals winning another game or two and missing out on Burrow would be disastrous. 

DAZN fucking me second week in a row at the end...final Saints drive and it’s gone haywire; sound from the opening of the game and the same first down pass looping. I am so pissed.

I didn't want to jinx it before the Saints game, but it's gonna be ridiculous when the Niners/Hawks Week 17 game decides which is the 1 seed and which is the 5 seed and has to go to Dallas.  That's looking very likely at this point.

27 minutes ago, DMC said:

I didn't want to jinx it before the Saints game, but it's gonna be ridiculous when the Niners/Hawks Week 17 game decides which is the 1 seed and which is the 5 seed and has to go to Dallas.  That's looking very likely at this point.

Big assumption on Dallas, because they are playing like they want the time off. Philly may be the actual destination.

LOL yeah looks like it will come down to their game in a couple weeks.  Guess if it's Philly I'll actually be within driving distance, so hmm..

Got caught up on replays. Fucking hell, had to have THAT game ruined. Anyways, my one serious issue, on that crucial Thomas long competition with ~ 7:26 in the 4th, how was that egregious and sustained block in the back not called? It was right there in the middle of the play, and considering all the Ricky-tank blocking in the back calls we had against us, that was crappy. That said, generally speaking, refs called it pretty well. Hope Riseburgh isn’t out extended...Saints pressure came alive after he went down. 

Are you guys still down on Jimmy G?

43 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Are you guys still down on Jimmy G?

He still makes at least 3 or 4 dumbfounding throws per game which often end up in INTs, or at least should.  And he's gotta stop taking the sack so easily.  This game was a good juxtaposition.  Here's Brees, who's 40 years old and managing to avoid getting a single sack the entire game, compared to Jimmy losing 30 yards off 3 sacks.  Take the incompletion, move around the pocket more.  Other than those two things, Jimmy is good with me.