U.S. Politics: Attaquer son cul orange!

DireWolfSpirit

Ex-Attorney General Jeff Sessions to Announce Alabama Senate Bid

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ex-attorney-general-jeff-sessions-to-announce-alabama-senate-bid-ap?ref=home

Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions is expected to announce plans to run in the Alabama Senate race. A source familiar told The Daily Beast that Sessions is gearing up to make the announcement on Thursday. 

Bill Gates not ruling out voting trump because of course a greedy piece of shit white guy would do that instead of giving away most of his money through actual taxes not some week ass charities. Capitalism breeds fascism when rich capitalists are confirmed with inequality and just the idea of being forced to not be a greedy piece of shit.

14 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

So if the name Dips**t Donnie Jr. tweeted out turns out to be the whistleblower, does that me he’s going to be arrested? I am unfamiliar with how whistleblower protection laws work.

He won't be arrested because the whistleblower statute only makes it illegal for the Solicitor General to reveal the WB's identity. At least according to Rand Paul. I can't rule out Rand spreading false info though.

Speaking of Rand Paul, it got brought to my attention that in 2014 he was demanding broader protections for whistleblowers, now he's leading the charge to try to unmask the whistleblower on the Trump-Zelensky phone call.

Huh, I wonder what could have possibly changed from 2014 to now that would make Rand do such an about face. I mean, as a man of such principle, it's not like he'd do a 180 simply because the party in power has changed! Surely Rand Paul isn't the conscienceless empty suit that everyone on the left said he was from day one! </sarcasm>

He won't be arrested because the whistleblower statute only makes it illegal for the Solicitor General to reveal the WB's identity.

the statute in question is 5 USC 2302, in pertinent part:

(b) Any employee who has authority to take, direct others to take, recommend, or approve any personnel action, shall not, with respect to such authority- [...]

(8) take or fail to take, or threaten to take or fail to take, a personnel action with respect to any employee or applicant for employment because of-

(A) any disclosure of information by an employee or applicant which the employee or applicant reasonably believes evidences- (i) any violation of any law, rule, or regulation, or (ii) gross mismanagement, a gross waste of funds, an abuse of authority, or a substantial and specific danger to public health or safety, if such disclosure is not specifically prohibited by law and if such information is not specifically required by Executive order to be kept secret in the interest of national defense or the conduct of foreign affairs; or

(B) any disclosure to the Special Counsel, or to the Inspector General of an agency or another employee designated by the head of the agency to receive such disclosures, of information which the employee or applicant reasonably believes evidences- (i) any violation (other than a violation of this section) of any law, rule, or regulation, or (ii) gross mismanagement, a gross waste of funds, an abuse of authority, or a substantial and specific danger to public health or safety;

(9) take or fail to take, or threaten to take or fail to take, any personnel action against any employee or applicant for employment because of-

(A) the exercise of any appeal, complaint, or grievance right granted by any law, rule, or regulation- (i) with regard to remedying a violation of paragraph (8); or (ii) other than with regard to remedying a violation of paragraph (8);

(B) testifying for or otherwise lawfully assisting any individual in the exercise of any right referred to in subparagraph (A)(i) or (ii);

(C) cooperating with or disclosing information to the Inspector General (or any other component responsible for internal investigation or review) of an agency, or the Special Counsel, in accordance with applicable provisions of law; or

(D) refusing to obey an order that would require the individual to violate a law, rule, or regulation;

fairly sure that the solicitor general is not the only person on the hook.  we should not be surprised that rand paul is wrong about something. 

what's more significant is donny jr's violation of the intelligence identities protection act of 1982, as recently amended this year, 50 USC 3126:

(a) Disclosure of information by persons having or having had access to classified information that identifies covert agent

Whoever, having or having had authorized access to classified information that identifies a covert agent, intentionally discloses any information identifying such covert agent to any individual not authorized to receive classified information, knowing that the information disclosed so identifies such covert agent and that the United States is taking affirmative measures to conceal such covert agent's intelligence relationship to the United States, shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 15 years, or both.

(b) Disclosure of information by persons who learn identity of covert agents as result of having access to classified information

Whoever, as a result of having authorized access to classified information, learns the identity of a covert agent and intentionally discloses any information identifying such covert agent to any individual not authorized to receive classified information, knowing that the information disclosed so identifies such covert agent and that the United States is taking affirmative measures to conceal such covert agent's intelligence relationship to the United States, shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.

(c) Disclosure of information by persons in course of pattern of activities intended to identify and expose covert agents

Whoever, in the course of a pattern of activities intended to identify and expose covert agents and with reason to believe that such activities would impair or impede the foreign intelligence activities of the United States, discloses any information that identifies an individual as a covert agent to any individual not authorized to receive classified information, knowing that the information disclosed so identifies such individual and that the United States is taking affirmative measures to conceal such individual's classified intelligence relationship to the United States, shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

(d) Imposition of consecutive sentences

A term of imprisonment imposed under this section shall be consecutive to any other sentence of imprisonment.

so, 15 years for each violation.  buhbye, junior.

19 hours ago, Crazydog7 said:

The thing that no one outside of this board has ever talked about are the number of judicial appointments Trump got to make in 4 years.  All those people that got confirmed at an unprecedented rate.   Trumps "legacy" such as it is could be with us for 20 years potentially. 

As much as I hate to admit it I think Trump is going to get a 2nd term.  It is beyond horrifying that we are a year from the election and the 15 Democrats who are running are still arguing about trivial details like who supports (or not) the right of federal prisoners to get gender reassignment surgery. 

1) I hear about it occasionally, (often from those Nice Polite Republicans that certain people love to complain about, because Republicans routinely address trans people by their preferred pronouns, use terms like LatinX, and criticize Donald Trump) it's just a matter of what quality of news you consume.

2) 20 years? Try 30-40. Because I guarantee you that at least until the early 2050s there will still be judges appointed during the Trump administration making rulings against the latest version of universal healthcare or Climate change legislation by citing online conspiracy theories and including a more formal version of the phrase "Suck it, libtards!" somewhere in their opinion.

But it was really, really important to tell Killary off for being such a shrill warmongering bitch that one time in 2016, so it's worth it, amirite? Because the leftist cause will be so accelerated when more Supreme Court justices and judges rule against it. :rolleyes:

3) I'm actually fairly confident that Trump will lose, and lose badly in 2020, even though I still have a knot in my stomach every day over the prospect of him winning. That said, I agree that both a lot of leftists and candidates forget to look at the big picture and get fixated on small, unimportant details that relatively few people care about, and it's one of the main things that frustrates me about being a leftist.

54 minutes ago, sologdin said:

we should not be surprised that rand paul is wrong about something. 

He’s a bogus pseudo-libertarian. The only thing we can trust him/them to be right on is legalizing pot and ladies of the night. Well, at least the ones who don’t let religion get in the way of having a good time.

1 hour ago, sologdin said:

He won't be arrested because the whistleblower statute only makes it illegal for the Solicitor General to reveal the WB's identity.

the statute in question is 5 USC 2302, in pertinent part:

fairly sure that the solicitor general is not the only person on the hook.  we should not be surprised that rand paul is wrong about something. 

what's more significant is donny jr's violation of the intelligence identities protection act of 1982, as recently amended this year, 50 USC 3126:

so, 15 years for each violation.  buhbye, junior.

When was Trump Jr ever authorized for access to classified information?  So he would fall under the third category of 3 years for each violation, but if his sister, brother-in-law, or father gave him that information, they would be the ones facing 15 years.

I must say, I find this oddly comforting when I hear people start to worry about Trump trying to overturn election results if he loses...

But Trump is apparently still longing for the days when he ruled reality TV. According to the Daily Beast, Trump fondly remembers his time hosting The Apprentice and The Celebrity Apprentice and longs to return to the show. He’s even discussed the idea with Apprentice creator Mark Burnett, who bats ideas back and forth with Trump about how he can get back on TV once he’s out of the White House, according to the site.

One of the ideas kicked around by Burnett and the president was shooting a new version of the Trump-branded Apprentice, tentatively titled The Apprentice: White House, and to produce it shortly after the president leaves office. This time, however, the TV program would be explicitly politics-themed and take full advantage of Trump’s status as a former president of the United States and a newfound Republican kingmaker.

2 hours ago, Fez said:

"He’s even discussed the idea with Apprentice creator Mark Burnett, who bats ideas back and forth with Trump about how he can get back on TV once he’s out of the White House, according to the site."

Orange is the New Black: ADX Florence?

11 minutes ago, felice said:

"He’s even discussed the idea with Apprentice creator Mark Burnett, who bats ideas back and forth with Trump about how he can get back on TV once he’s out of the White House, according to the site."

Orange is the New Black: ADX Florence?

This would be funnier still if he did the show from prison.

1 hour ago, maarsen said:

This would be funnier still if he did the show from prison

You win the internets and everything else!  You betcha!

```````````

Actually we should be very afraid that he does do this, thereby creating the platform by which he gets elected Uber Führer forever, because, there is great progress being made on longevity treatments, and you bet that's where his money is sitting.

14 hours ago, Bonnot OG said:

Bill Gates not ruling out voting trump 

He ruled out voting for Trump if you read between the lines of what he actually said. He'll vote for the "most professional" candidate, regardless of policies, and the knowing laugh from the audience makes it pretty clear they all agree that Trump will never be the "most professional" candidate.

For Gates' full remarks, which are much more detailed and interesting than the hack job tweet that has gone around (his $100 billion joke was in the context of just how much taxation is reasonable as opposed to his believing Warren's tax plan amounted to that, as well), see below:

Well, it seems like the Warren-Sanders billionaire tax will kill the Mars dream, since Elon Musk’s fortune is pretty much the only chance of making mankind a multi planetary species in our lifetime.

But I realise most of you couldn’t give two shits about such achievements compared to upping social welfare or getting another student to pay less for a degree in media or gender studies.

8 minutes ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

But I realise most of you couldn’t give two shits about such achievements compared to upping social welfare or getting another student to pay less for a degree in media or gender studies.

Christ, you're a bore.

Edit: And yeah, I'm glad I watched that video as opposed to just reading what Gates said.

Ay-up. What this country really needs to get on track is a billionaire spoiler running for the Dem nomination for POTUS.  Why doesn't he run like the rethug HE IS.  Or an Indie?  But Nooooo.  He wants to be a Dem.  Why in hell does he want to be a Dem, other than  to be a spoiler to make bedbug win again.  Bloomberg.  He's got no balls.  He won't run for the rethug nom, but the Dem.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2019/11/07/billionaire-and-ex-new-york-city-mayor-michael-bloomberg-is-taking-steps-to-run-for-president-months-after-saying-he-would-not-run/

Archived