(e) Nuclear Holocaust

(f) Okay

(g) Disgusting

(h) Palace of Auburn Hills

(i) Good

(j) Rancid

(k) Troll Food

(l) Items found at a cult mass suicide

shakespeare, through the mock utopia described by one of the fools in the tempest, suggests that the candy is to be abolished by the revolution:

I' the commonwealth I would by contraries
Execute all things; for no kind of traffic
Would I admit; no name of magistrate;
Letters should not be known; riches, poverty,
And use of service, none; contract, succession,
Bourn, bound of land, tilth, vineyard, none;
No use of metal, corn, or wine, or oil;
No occupation; all men idle, all;
And women too, but innocent and pure;
No sovereignty;—

so that narrows it down considerably, i think.

I'm someplace between (i) and (f). But I've never been a picky eater and like eating almost anything sold in a grocery store that has calories.  I will admit that it's far from my favorite candy and I never buy it on my own, though I'll cheerfully eat it if someone else offers it to me. :)

45 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I am in Windsor, Ontario, visiting friends. She had season’s tickets to the Pistons for 10 years, so she has cast a vote for (h). She also wanted to know how the hell that made it to the list.

Personally speaking, I vote for (l).

I love how you get the joke without actually getting the joke.

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Lol, do they not have candy corn in Europe? If so, you’re lucky. Personally I’d pick (h).

I don't think I've ever seen it. That isn't stopping the ads in the sidebar from trying to sell some to me, but I'm guessing it's imported.

39 minutes ago, williamjm said:

I don't think I've ever seen it. That isn't stopping the ads in the sidebar from trying to sell some to me, but I'm guessing it's imported.

Now I’m wondering if I’ve had  a giant blind spot this whole time. Do any Western European countries celebrate Halloween, or something akin to it?

When I say I'd rather eat candle wax than candy corn, know that this is not mere indulgence in hyperbole.

I've never eaten candle wax before. I have no real idea of how it tastes. But I am capable of only love and hate. 

And I hate candy corn.

58 minutes ago, williamjm said:

Just wait, Brexit’s going to flood our markets with chlorinated candy corn, its going to be great!

@Tywin et al. Halloween is observed here buts its not really a big deal for most people over here. As with all things some people go all out but for the most part it kind of just passes by. Probably the most telling point on this is that supermarkets put in their christmas seasonal aisles around the beginning of September with maybe a shelf or two given over to Halloween.

Even when i was younger and there were loads of young kids on the street we rarely got more than one or two trick or treaters.

eta: you greedy Muricans just need an excuse for a holiday before Christmas don’t you. And in two Capitalist style, you  took two!

Archived