kleevedge

What message did Sumner Crakehall send to Hoster Tully that he did not entrust to a raven?

In AFFC in a Jaime chapter, Jaime reflects on a time he came to Riverrun with a letter from Sumner Crakehall

“The first time I saw Riverrun, I was a squire green as summer grass,” Jaime told his cousin. “Old Sumner Crakehall sent me to deliver a message, one he swore could not be entrusted to a raven. Lord Hoster kept me for a fortnight whilst mulling his reply, and sat me beside his daughter Lysa at every meal.”

now I think there is a good chance that this letter came from Tywin but the contents of it allude me. Hoster was always trying to wed Lysa so I don't believe Tywin would be trying to convince Hoster of a marriage between her and Jaime. I don't think the letter had anything to do with the tourney of Harrenhal since it wasn't announced until 280 AC and Jaime said he was still a squire "green as summer grass" when he was sent to deliver the letter. If Tywin's intention was to marry Jaime to Lysa it would happen as Hoster was always looking for a good husband for Lysa.

54 minutes ago, kleevedge said:

In AFFC in a Jaime chapter, Jaime reflects on a time he came to Riverrun with a letter from Sumner Crakehall

now I think there is a good chance that this letter came from Tywin but the contents of it allude me. Hoster was always trying to wed Lysa so I don't believe Tywin would be trying to convince Hoster of a marriage between her and Jaime. I don't think the letter had anything to do with the tourney of Harrenhal since it wasn't announced until 280 AC and Jaime said he was still a squire "green as summer grass" when he was sent to deliver the letter. If Tywin's intention was to marry Jaime to Lysa it would happen as Hoster was always looking for a good husband for Lysa.

One assumes there was no such letter, or if there was it was about the marriage, since the entire thing was part of Tywin's attempt to get Lysa and Jaime know each other in preparation for the marriage.

2 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

One assumes there was no such letter, or if there was it was about the marriage, since the entire thing was part of Tywin's attempt to get Lysa and Jaime know each other in preparation for the marriage. 

I just feel like Tywin wouldn't care if they knew each other. He seems to make all his moves out of political motivation, and if he was thinking of marrying Jaime to Lysa it would be quid pro quo, and what was in the letter might have been what he wants in return.

The Defiance of Duskendale seems to be the main event around that time, perhaps there might be some connection there?