Just a Mel and patchface theory

Coffeewiththegods

In Mel’s vision, she mentions Patchface surrounded by skulls with blood-red lips, "That creature is dangerous. Many a time I have glimpsed him in my flames. Sometimes there are skulls about him, and his lips are red with blood. " We already know Mel doesn’t interpret the vision 100% correctly a lot of times.

Ive been thinking what if! Upon hearing of the “death” of Stannis. Mel attempts to sacrifice shireen to bring back Stannis...and maybe even succeeds( I have another theory about how that will result in Jon’s resurrection)In doing so, patchface looses it and attacks a bunch of queens men in attempt to defend shireen. I just thought it would be a cool twist. Everyone thinks patchface will flip out and kill a bunch of people, but what if it’s actually just to defend shireen?

Nah, that is likely going to have to do something with Patches near-death experience (or actual death experience), and his ability to predict the future in cryptic prophecies.

Patchface is a myterious/important character in his own right, sort of like Hodor or Melisandre herself.

4 hours ago, Coffeewiththegods said:

Everyone thinks patchface will flip out and kill a bunch of people, but what if it’s actually just to defend shireen?

Hes probably going to defend Shireen by burning her ... you know when the zombies attack the Nightfort and both of them are all surrounded.

Burning Shireen alive as a last second resort prevents her from being resurrected as a wight, which the Queen's Men didn't have that luxury a few moments earlier.

Now the bigger twist of the scene (probably TWOW epilogue) is what happens to Patchface after he gets killed ... since you know ... hes a drown wight.

... I guess we'll have to wait for TWOW.

Also Stannis ain't dead ... yet.

16 hours ago, Coffeewiththegods said:

In Mel’s vision, she mentions Patchface surrounded by skulls with blood-red lips, "That creature is dangerous. Many a time I have glimpsed him in my flames. Sometimes there are skulls about him, and his lips are red with blood. " We already know Mel doesn’t interpret the vision 100% correctly a lot of times.

Ive been thinking what if! Upon hearing of the “death” of Stannis. Mel attempts to sacrifice shireen to bring back Stannis...and maybe even succeeds( I have another theory about how that will result in Jon’s resurrection)In doing so, patchface looses it and attacks a bunch of queens men in attempt to defend shireen. I just thought it would be a cool twist. Everyone thinks patchface will flip out and kill a bunch of people, but what if it’s actually just to defend shireen?

It seems to me that to show up on Mel's radar he would have to pose a more serious threat than the death of a few queensmen.

Skulls and red lips are reminiscent of House Lonmouth (Skulls and Kisses), but I can't see how that would relate to Patchface, so it's probably a red herring.

That creature IS dangerous. He is not a just a benevolent lack wit. All of his songs come to be true. Considering he has been resurrected from water, he is some kind of a water wight, related to the drown god. He keeps singing about wanting Shireen to visit the under the sea with him, which to me sounds like he wants to drown her. Even she says he is creeping her out with that and she asked him to stop singing it. He doesn't seem to be her friend in any way, he is more just friendly, and around.
Yes, Mel has misinterpreted, but still the visions she got were never wrong.

17 hours ago, Coffeewiththegods said:

I think it's important to read the words she says again. She says that "sometimes there are skulls about him, and his lips are red with blood."

Is it part of a broader vision that she doesn't have yet? If he appears with skulls about him and bloody lips sometimes, then the other times she sees him in the flames he doesn't appear with the skulls and the blood on his lips.

Mel also has visions of Jon Snow with the skulls all around him, but she seems to have a broader vision because we know she also sees the daggers in the dark and interprets it correctly that Jon's life is in danger.

But to me, Mel's vision of Patchface seems to indicate that he is dead. And no, it wouldn't be shocking if he died trying to protect Shireen. Maester Colemon said that she was the only one who cared whether he lived or died. She is his only constant companion and he probably cares a great deal about her.

24 minutes ago, Mad Worm of Bikini Bottom said:

He keeps singing about wanting Shireen to visit the under the sea with him, which to me sounds like he wants to drown her.

Drown her or protect her? We're never heard Patchface say anything that was not a riddle that I recall.

25 minutes ago, Mad Worm of Bikini Bottom said:

Even she says he is creeping her out with that and she asked him to stop singing it.

She tells him to stop singing about the shadows coming to stay.

"Clever bird, clever man, clever clever fool." He began to sing. "The Shadows come to dance, my lord, dance my lord, dance my lord," he said, hopping from one foot to the other and back again. "The shadows come to stay, my lord, stay my lord, stay my lord." He jerked his head with each word, the bells in his antlers sending up a clangor.
The white raven screamed and went flapping away to perch on the iron railing of the rookery stairs. Shireen seemed to grow smaller. "He sings that all the time. I told him to stop but he won't. It makes me scared. Make him stop." (Prologue, ACoK)

Sometimes there are skulls about him, and his lips are red with blood.

That actually kinda reminds me of Bran.

Bran saw a bear skull and a wolf skull, half a dozen human skulls and near as many giants. All the rest were small, queerly formed. Children of the forest.

The red veins were only weirwood sap, he supposed, but in the torchlight they looked remarkably like blood. He dipped the spoon into the paste, then hesitated.

I wonder if that would connect Patchface to the Weirwoods or if Mel is just seeing visions of Bran that she thinks are for Patchface. 

Archived