Important topic totally in need of its own thread

Buckwheat

Namely, Uno rules.

1. You can finish the game with any card, even a black one, even a +4, or the skip card, or the turn card.

2. You can add +2 to a +2. And you can also add a +4 to a +2. Whoever hasn't drawn at least +12 at once hasn't suffered, and whoever hasn't punished their neighbour with at least +14, doesn't know the real joys of life.

3. If you have two identical cards, you can play them both at once, with the exception of +2, +4, and the colour change card.

4. Yes to skipping others if you have the same card as the one that was just played - you can skip the players in between and play your own card, if it is of the same colour and same number/symbol. Exception: no skipping +2, +4, and the colour change card, and no skipping at the very beginning of the game. Playing without skipping is only appropriate for children or beginners who are only just learning to play.

And you cannot possibly convince me otherwise.

The game is also much more interesting if you add a +5 for everybody to draw 5 (except the person who played it), which you can also add on top of a +2 or +4. It is worth 100 penalty points if you still have it at the end of the game. But I can understand that addition isn't everybody's cup of tea.

Long before we ever got an Uno set, we played the game with a regular deck of cards.  Aces changed suit, jacks reversed, twos made the next person pick up two (and could compound) and eights skipped a person.  I forget the name of the card game, but I bet that game was around long before Uno was created to sell a deck of cards customized to that game. 

3 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Long before we ever got an Uno set, we played the game with a regular deck of cards.  Aces changed suit, jacks reversed, twos made the next person pick up two (and could compound) and eights skipped a person.  I forget the name of the card game, but I bet that game was around long before Uno was created to sell a deck of cards customized to that game. 

Sounds like a game I played called Crazy Eights.

Ah, the fun, having plaid during schoolbreaks in the mid-late 90s. The group playing grew so big, we had to play with two decks.

Anyway rules.

+2 on +2 and +4 on +4 obviously (but not +4 on +2 or any such ungodly thing, it's Adam and Steve not Adam and Eve or something).

But also tossing in cards from any given position, if you happened to have the same one. So Red 4 on a Red 4. Particularly fun when you happened to hold numerous +4s.

Archived