UK Politics: Spaffed up the wall while chuntering from a sedentary position

Chaircat Meow

5 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Prince Andrew ‘withdrawing from public life’. I assume this is the Royal family equivelent of ‘left by mutual agreement’ or ‘off to pursue exciting opportunities elsewhere’.

Leading to "helping the police with their enquiries" in due course.

Perhaps the Queen can retire Prince Andrew to some storm-lashed island in the cold Atlantic where he can be governor of HMPrison Island: his first 'guest' can be Alex Salmond. 

Strictly no women allowed. 

Sturgeon will not like having to answer what the SNP knew and did not know. In the official residences no less. 

1 minute ago, Blue Roses said:

Perhaps the Queen can retire Prince Andrew to some storm-lashed island in the cold Atlantic where he can be governor of HMPrison Island: his first 'guest' can be Alex Salmond. 

Strictly no women allowed. 

Sturgeon will not like having to answer what the SNP knew and did not know. In the official residences no less. 

Well, there is South Georgia.

8 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

If you don't care when Gove said it, then you don't need to check. But don't claim you've been mislead when the source of the information is right there in front of you.

So it is misleading if you don’t care? People that don’t care can still retweet it or change their vote based on it.

I could also check the source to make sure Gove didn’t make his comments in his role as a pantomime villain at his local amateur theatre.  Or that it wasn’t said by five year old Michael Gove who thinks a Food Bank is where Bananaman gets his banana pounds. Or I could just expect relevant information to be in the tweet.

I know Rachel Riley cops a fair bit of undeserved abuse (or, ,ore likely, deserved abuse that goes way beyond what's deserved) - but she fully deserves abuse for this stunt: https://www.indy100.com/article/rachel-riley-jeremy-corbyn-apartheid-t-shirt-racism-9211821.

Deserves to be sacked for this one - objecting to her workplace hosting a political debate and including Corbyn. Had she kept it personal, then she'd simply deserve abuse (preferably from Jimmy Carr); as it is, she brought her work into it, and objects to their political neutrality; and that is surely sackable.

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/79/590x/secondary/Rachel-Riley-Countdown-2176816.jpg?r=1574337617085

The Conservatives going full Russian in their misinformation campaign during the election. This stinks of rank desperation.

36 minutes ago, Which Tyler said:

I know Rachel Riley cops a fair bit of undeserved abuse (or, ,ore likely, deserved abuse that goes way beyond what's deserved) - but she fully deserves abuse for this stunt: https://www.indy100.com/article/rachel-riley-jeremy-corbyn-apartheid-t-shirt-racism-9211821.

Deserves to be sacked for this one - objecting to her workplace hosting a political debate and including Corbyn. Has she kept it personal, then she'd siply deserve abuse (preferably from Jimmy Carr); as it is, she brought her work into it, and objects to their political neutrality; and that is surely sackable.

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/79/590x/secondary/Rachel-Riley-Countdown-2176816.jpg?r=1574337617085

Using an image of Corbyn being arrested for protesting against apartheid to try to smear him for racism is quite a look and yes, her position would now appear to be untenable.

1 hour ago, Which Tyler said:

Oh look - Pasty Cockwomble's still scared of accountability, and has refused to take part in the second leader's debate - or indeed, his local hustings.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/election-debate-boris-johnson-party-leaders-tv-cancel-corbyn-a9212926.html

Hmm wasn’t there already a leaders debate he was just in? Am I imagining that?

2 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Yes, and this was a second one which he has refused to take part in.  

What's difficult to understand about that? 

Claiming he’s too scared to have debates a few days after taking part in a debate (that didn’t do Corbyn any favours at all) is pretty foolish 

1 minute ago, Heartofice said:

Claiming he’s too scared to have debates a few days after taking part in a debate (that didn’t do Corbyn any favours at all) is pretty foolish 

In your opinion it didn't do JC any favours. Didn't he win handily among independents? 

The claim wasn't that he was scared to have debates, it was 'has refused to take part in a second leaders debate'. There may be a valid reason, but bottling it looks most likely to me. 

23 hours ago, SeanF said:

Well, there is South Georgia.

22 hours ago, Blue Roses said:

Colder than Scotland. Sounds perfect. 

King of the Stepstones :bawl: ?

The latest seems to that this turd of an ersatz Daemon Targaryen doesn't really want to retire entirely, wants to keep his pitch@palace and intends to resume his other duties soon.

11 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

In your opinion it didn't do JC any favours. Didn't he win handily among independents? 

The claim wasn't that he was scared to have debates, it was 'has refused to take part in a second leaders debate'. There may be a valid reason, but bottling it looks most likely to me. 

Hmm he oddly seems to be on tv tonight in another debate. What a bottler.

Archived