Football: foreVAR confused

Iskaral Pust

8 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Henderson was very good on Sunday but his prior few appearances weren’t great, even though he had some good games back in September.  Gini also had a good game after a few not-so-great showings.  Salah too.  Nice that they could lift their game for the big clash, but hopefully they can bring that focus more consistently. 

Agree with the above, especially with respect to Henderson.He was fantastic in this game.

I think Man City played into our hands by making us the counter attacking team.The last Anfield encounter was a much cagier affair,which City by rights might have won.I'm glad in retrospect they pressed us so much.

9 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

And just when I thought I couldn't love Sunday match any more. :lol: 

53 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

To be fair, Gomez did proper mug him off, he treated him like a little boy. 

To be fair, Sterling behaved like a little boy and was treated accordingly.

Just chiming in to say I'm pleased we won on Saturday.

Even more so that I happened to be in the stand for that one. Considering our form, watching us away at Southampton was probably my best shot at seeing us win live.

ETA: Really fun to have Southampton fans chanting "We lose everything, you're nothing special" at us. 

18 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

The actual reason

Ok, so initially I thought they were just talking about what happened in the game.  I had no idea there was follow up, actually at the England camp.  Makes a lot more sense.  I thought initially it was just England trying to find ways to lose again....

6 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Special kind of brain dead England fans booing Gómez :lol:

Sterling has tweeted out telling fans to lay off of Gomez. He's a good bloke, clearly got a bit hot headed and took the Liverpool game to heart, but I think he has shown a good level of maturity since then.

8 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

FIFA confirm dates for the 2022 WC. Read it and weep. The 2022/2023 season is going to be a clusterfuck. 

Also, the World Cup will be a clusterfuck because there will be less days to play, and less time between games. 

Also, the countries that adopt the calendar year for the season will also be fucked because they decided to hold the tournament in late November and December, meaning they'll have to begin the 2022 season (and perhaps the one before that) early, which means facing scorching summer heat or freezing deep winter cold, depending on where they are in the globe.

4 hours ago, Rorshach said:

As of yesterday, the great footballing nation of Norway is relevant again!

We won a close-fought game 2-1, showing our strenght by beating the mighty nation of

*checks notes*

Malta.

I'll get my coat.

Piece of cake, now that you have the best Norwegian player back in the team. No, not Odegaard. I mean Mats :wub:, obviously.

1 minute ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Piece of cake, now that you have the best Norwegian player back in the team. No, not Odegaard. I mean Mats :wub:, obviously.

Well, he was playing yesterday. 

May have been the difference between a battling draw and a win, for all I know.

Archived