Football: foreVAR confused

Iskaral Pust

We really needed that. Best performance we've put in for a long while and we should have won by a more comfortable margin. Fred was immense - easily his best game for United. Wan Bissaka, Lindelof and Maguire were solid at the back and Rashford carried our attack. 

I just got to watch the highlights now after work and it doesn’t seem stressful to me at all.  A 5-2 win, even with Mane missing two sitters.    And we were always comfortably ahead, despite conceding two ropey goals.  That’s our best attacking game in a long time, and we did it with heavy rotation in MF and attack.  Great to rest some tired legs tonight, and very pleasing to see Origi and Shaqiri play and score, and Milner and Lallana play their role.  I’m not surprised that team wouldn’t have a solid defensive shape, but it was plenty good enough. 

5 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

it doesn’t seem stressful to me at all.

I know I'm the guy all ready to mock you guys for your drama llamaing over how badly your season's going, but all things considered I can see how for those who watched it going 4-1 up and then missing chance after chance while giving Everton multiple chances to get back into it might be  a little bit stressful.

3 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Mourinho finally managed to motivate the Utd players.  And somehow United are now up to 6th, despite drawing their prior two games against Villa and Sheffield.  3 points goes a long way in the mid table. 

Well to be fair if Arsenal and Sheffield United win today we're back down to eighth.

I'm torn today.

On one hand, Silva's done. No way he'll win back the fans - ever. He'd have to be Guardiola and Klopp's lovechild to get close, and - surprise! - he's not. So there's that. 

On the other hand, rumours claiming we're going to David Moyes for the interim ... well, there's a way to take a bad situation and make it worse.

Yeah I don’t understand the negativity about last night. There was some dodgy moments but the result was never in doubt and we put on our best attacking performance in a while with all those changes. Shaq looking so good after not playing for months which was great to see. 
I really enjoy Klopps 4-2-3-1. Last night was a good advertisement for Sancho, even though I still think that signing is unrealistic he would slot in perfect in that formation. 

Honestly, watching yesterday, I wanted to sack Silva and our CBs. 

We didn't follow runners at all. Defending at its worst. 

That said, I was unimpressed with the defending from Liverpool as well. We created more chances yesterday than what we tend to do, and we could have scored more than we did (which, obviously, goes for Liverpool too).

Archived