Football: foreVAR confused

Iskaral Pust

I think that means curtains for Silva. 

The only concern for Everton fans is that reports indicate Moyes is favourite to take over with Cahill as assistant. That seems like a bad move. Everton are being run like United - there is no clear vision at either club with managerial appointments and player recruitment. As a result, both clubs are worse off now than they were 3 seasons ago despite both spending loads of money. 

We haven't hired Moyes yet. That may be good news.

The fans conspiracy-light-talk speculate that Kenwright would like to turn to Moyes, they do after all have 11 years of relatively successful history. However, last summer, we hired Marcel Brands to be DoF. Moyes would not appear on his list of potential managers, seeing as he prefers a more expansive brand of football, plus a focus on young, emerging players. 

Perhaps he could be persuaded to turn to Moyes for a short spell, steadying the ship, but a short term contract isn't what Moyes wants. Which would mean another sacking somewhere along the line. 

Of those fans I hear from, the consensus is "we hope Brands wins out in this fight", meaning the old guard of horrors from the PL - your Hughes, Moyes, Pulis and other geriatric remnants of the old days - are out of consideration. 

And so we wait..

1 hour ago, Soylent Brown said:

Perhaps seeing how Flores has fared going back to Watford will put your board off from going back to Moyes.

I imagine Big Dunc will be able to terrify the players into playing better for a bit, so you should be okay while the search for a more suitable replacement proceeds.

Well, I mean, if they're not scared of him, they aren't paying attention..

Silva to Watford, surely.

I also don't think anyone's disputing Liverpool's defensive frailty this season.

But reading the posts on this thread, you'd think we were in danger of being relegated. A bit of perspective on our best start of a PL season ever wouldn't go amiss.

While I think it's unfair to blame all our defensive woes on one person (since they seem to persist no matter who Virgil's partner is, and since it's also likely in large part because our side backs play more like wingers most of the match), Lovren was arguably at least partly culpable for both Everton goals, and the goal he just prevented could easily have been an own goal. Man has no idea where the ball is most of the time, which is quite entertaining to watch, if nothing else.

Wish Gomez could rediscover his form from the start of last season.

I'm guessing Klopp is going to revert to our normal starting 11 and 4-3-3 against the Cherries. If he does, it must be slightly demoralising for the likes of Origi and Shaqiri, both of whom gave very good accounts of themselves, and both of whom looked like they'd been playing week in, week out. Origi looks so much better down the middle than on the wing, and Shaq looked lively and good in possession, in addition to a well taken goal. 

Our long passing this season has been ridiculous, even the normally limited Lovren getting in on the action with a lovely assist for Origi against the Toffees. Would love to see some stats.

Heh. 

Looking at that list, we scratch Poch, Ancelotti and Ten Hag at once. They will have set their sights higher. 

Moyes is useless, he's on the list because of history and Bill. If he's hired, that probably spells the end of Brands. 

So we're left with Marcelino

*googles furiously*

who could be okay, and Vitor Pereira, who's in China. That's a ringing endorsement if I ever saw one. 

Big Dunc it is, then.

13 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Everton will go for Gerrard as new manager just for the troll value. Ok, more like trolling their own fans, but that's more of an after thought.

I think you just found the candidate that no-one would want to take the job - including the man himself.

That's awsome in a way, just not sure it's a good way..

Marcelino would be a very good appointment for Everton. I suppose the issue there is whether he speaks english well enough. While he does not play a possession based game, he can turn Everton into an effective counter-attacking unit as he did with Villarreal and Valencia. He'd certainly improve the defending and make better use of the pacey wide players. 

On 12/5/2019 at 5:51 AM, Raja said:

Maybe today is the day arsenal will win a game of association football

Nope. This team is so bad. If you look at their winless streak over the last 9 matches, it's a pretty soft fixture list. I've given up caring for this season.

Archived