Football: foreVAR confused

Iskaral Pust

We're five points off fourth, how the fuck.

Ole's substitutions were bad, he seems to just throw on more defensive players with no tactical rhyme or thought to shape, but thankfully we held out. Although he was partly at fault for their goal, Wan-Bissaka is an absolute hero. People call him out occasionally for being caught out of position, but it's no fucking wonder when he's covering for the entire defence half the time.

And credit to Ole the initial setup was perfect. Danny James had Angelino on toast. We could have had more tbqh.

I know Bournemouth gave up without as much as a whimper today, but I swear I saw the Gomez from early last season once he was moved to CB. He reads the game so much better than Lovren (and Matip, to a lesser extent), and intercepts so many passes, killing opponent's counters before they've begun, whereas Lovren especially tends to fall off and let the other team have a go. If Gomez can get back to his best at CB, I think we can start racking up clean sheets again. We've looked shaky against every single team we've played so far, but from when Lovren went off, they didn't really have a sniff.

Also crazy how Trent is our most important attacking player now. You can swap out everyone else, as we've seen over the past two games, but take out Trent, and we just look toothless and bereft of ideas. The second he came on, we were all over Bournemouth. 21 years old, local lad, future captain (once Virgil retires).

It looks like we might have (knock on wood) found our form at a crucial time in the season, after grinding out a lot of narrow victories over the past couple of months, and to only have lost two points at this stage of the season with the teams we've faced is spectacular. Couldn't have dreamed of being in a better position. Huge game on Tuesday, but if we win that, it's going to take a lot to stop us. 

Klopp is the best manager in the world.

Solskjaer usually gets the initial setup right but his in game management is rather poor. It's not the first time nor will it be the last where he makes subs with no thought given to shape or tactics. It's why we will likely continue to struggle against low blocks so long as Solskjaer is in charge as you really need a much better coach and tactician to be able to consistently break down parked buses. 

Archived