The Mandalorian (Spoiler Thread)

Rhom

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

I want to imagine that Gina Carinos character was built up because she will reappear in the show and potentially join his "gang" His ship has two more seats behind him and I assume they are shown to us for a reason. Maybe I am looking too much into that though.

No I don't think you are. This is the type of show where recurring characters is a thing. Whether or not he gets a crew is up for debate, but a number of these characters will be seen again. Hell, despite the good-bye, she may very well pop up next episode.

On 12/1/2019 at 8:32 AM, Toth said:

You are most definitely thinking about the old EU material because that's Karen Traviss' version: Act according to the a certain set of rules and you are automatically a Mandolorian. 

Not disagreeing, but wasn't it KOTOR that actually got that started? I'm almost certain that I remember Canderous going on about basically that during one of his many rants.

As for the keeping the helmet on thing, Canderous didn't seem to give a shit during the events of KOTOR, on the other hand the mask of Mand'alor was a big deal. So maybe it's just a cultural difference within Mandalorians?

12 hours ago, Rhom said:

I’m waiting to see the doctor again.  I figure that’s how we learn more about baby Yoda.

It'd be good to know if it's clone yoda or new yoda.

12 hours ago, Corvinus said:

No I don't think you are. This is the type of show where recurring characters is a thing. Whether or not he gets a crew is up for debate, but a number of these characters will be seen again. Hell, despite the good-bye, she may very well pop up next episode.

I mean she's in the poster with the droid bounty hunter so part of me is hoping they'll both reappear. I'm guessing the droid can be repaired or has a back-up.

Given the episodic format I'm expecting a two-part season finale where Mando puts a crew together from the episodes we've seen to rescue a kidnapped baby yoda (nick nolte, carano, droid, big mandalorian, upcoming guest stars). Just feels like that kind of show. 

14 hours ago, dbunting said:

I am still enjoying the show and not trying to look for a deep well written show, just enjoying the look and feel of it. Silly as and obvious as it was I loved the scene on the ship when the baby Yoda was touching stuff... don't touch that...slowly reaches out and touches it...    

Best thing I can say about baby Yoda is that he is getting my daughter to watch this, she has never seen a single Star Wars related film so this is a big step for me! Her bf is into Marvel and has gotten her to watch some of those movies so I think I can get her to start at the prequel trilogy soon! 

Why would you torture her like that?  Do you not like your daughter or something? ;)

I just remembered Robot Chicken Boba also never takes off his helmet:

Robot Chicken did this for a joke. Let that sink in, The Mandalorian! XD

Edit: Also Gary was a honorable Mandalorian as well! He even slept with his helmet on during his introduction!

43 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Anyone know what Ming-Na Wen's role is going to be?

Wikipedia says the name is Fennec Shand.  No idea what kind of role that will be.

Got to binge the first four episodes with family over the holiday weekend. This show is awesome, albeit a little simplistic. Can't wait until its run is done so I can scoop Disney+ (I probably should have just signed up for the $1.99 per month special). 

On 12/3/2019 at 8:16 AM, red snow said:

Given the episodic format I'm expecting a two-part season finale where Mando puts a crew together from the episodes we've seen to rescue a kidnapped baby yoda (nick nolte, carano, droid, big mandalorian, upcoming guest stars). Just feels like that kind of show. 

By then, there'll be seven to codify the Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven vibe the show has.

On 12/3/2019 at 12:18 AM, dbunting said:

I want to imagine that Gina Carinos character was built up because she will reappear in the show and potentially join his "gang" His ship has two more seats behind him and I assume they are shown to us for a reason. Maybe I am looking too much into that though.

:crying: you are probably right. Which is still lame as they could have gotten the widow to do that as well. Especially since she's quite a limited actress.

2 hours ago, nah said:

Also this show is reminding me more and more of Xena: Warrior Princess with every episode.

This is some of the criticism I have for the show too. Especially the farmer village in episode 4. AT-ST CGI?  Top notch. Everything else? It's shot and feels like a late 90's syndicated show. Stargate, Xena, etc. I'm not sure if it was Howard's direction (her first, right?)  in ep 4 that pulled me out or if it was just the environment/set that did it. The town and rocky waste sets from episodes 1-3 didn't give me the same meh feeling.

Archived