The Mandalorian (Spoiler Thread)

Rhom

The Disney+ splash page preview pulled the old bait and switch on me!

I got on last night and it gave me the teaser image of a new episode of the Mandalorian.  In the teaser image was Mando, the rebel commando, and the assassin droid from ep 1.  The preview text said that the Mandalorian was teaming up with a group of mercenaries to take on a special mission.  Naturally, I assumed this would be a reunion of characters from previous episodes and was completely confused when we were introduced to the group of misfits.

My God, I feel like figuratively gauging out my eyes after watching this. Just utterly horrendous.  The weird tentacle creatures (not even going to attempt to spell their creature names) were so fucking annoying, same for devil dude and that stupid sharpshooter guy. 

This was the worst acting I have seen in quite some time. Not to mention that the story was weak even by the low standards of this show. I'll end the season, but right now I don't think I'll be back next year. Baby Yoda or not, there is only so much buffoonery I can stomach.

That was definitely better. Still very saturday morning cartoon, but at least it had use of previous characters set up, and now I can write a fanfic of IG 11 and Uncle Iroh opening up a tea shop.

This is me and my son's favorite show. Every episode is more fun than the last, though this one ended on kind of a bummer. We watch with closed captioning, and I love all that Baby Yoda "whimpers" or "giggles"--I don't think I would have picked up on his/her/their emotional outlook in certain situations without those captions.

Great episode. Dumb premise (it was so obvious to be a trap and Mando's old boss switching sides just because the baby saved him was such a cliché), but it worked for what it wanted. And... despite walking head first into this trap, at least Mando spoke as if he saw it coming.

I'm still very confused why Werner Herzog's boss shot his place up. At first I thought it was some kind of conflict between different Imperial factions, which would make sense visually given how the Moff's troops look significantly cleaner and organized and had no trouble mowing other Stormtroopers down. But Herzog's remaining troops acting like nothing happened afterwards threw me off. There was not even a hint of an implication that they had to switch sides, with the two Scout Troopers essentially striking out on their own despite just witnessing all this chaos at their home base. Which would only make sense if they knew it was their actual boss. But if he was, why would he shoot his own troops AND risk killing the child? This needs a VERY good explanation and I'm afraid we won't get one.

Edit: Also Force Healing is canon again. Yay, I guess?

this was marginally better, but still dumb

On 12/20/2019 at 11:04 AM, Toth said:

I'm still very confused why Werner Herzog's boss shot his place up. At first I thought it was some kind of conflict between different Imperial factions, which would make sense visually given how the Moff's troops look significantly cleaner and organized and had no trouble mowing other Stormtroopers down. But Herzog's remaining troops acting like nothing happened afterwards threw me off. There was not even a hint of an implication that they had to switch sides, with the two Scout Troopers essentially striking out on their own despite just witnessing all this chaos at their home base. Which would only make sense if they knew it was their actual boss. But if he was, why would he shoot his own troops AND risk killing the child? This needs a VERY good explanation and I'm afraid we won't get one.

:agree:

On 12/20/2019 at 5:04 AM, Toth said:

still very confused why Werner Herzog's boss shot his place up. At first I thought it was some kind of conflict between different Imperial factions, which would make sense visually given how the Moff's troops look significantly cleaner and organized and had no trouble mowing other Stormtroopers down. But Herzog's remaining troops acting like nothing happened afterwards threw me off. There was not even a hint of an implication that they had to switch sides, with the two Scout Troopers essentially striking out on their own despite just witnessing all this chaos at their home base. Which would only make sense if they knew it was their actual boss. But if he was, why would he shoot his own troops AND risk killing the child? 

I'm confused too but it seems like the Moff knew the baby wasn't in the cradle. Why he'd get out of his ship and put himself at risk just to taunt some bounty hunter, I dunno. 

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Well I finally got the answer to my question:

Hide contents

We do get to see him with his helmet off.

Also, did they show anywhere else that it was Boba Fett that saved him as a child?

Spoiler

Why do you say that was Boba Fett? That was a member of DeathWath

Archived