Westerlands Loot

Angel Eyes

So in ACOK, Robb captures Ashemark and other castles, the Greatjon is heard capturing the mines at Castamere, Nunn's Deep, and the Pendric Hills, and Rickard Karstark and Galbart Glover raid along the Westerlands' coast. I have some questions:

• What happened to all that loot they seized?
    • Is it on the road to the Twins?
    • A vault at Riverrun?
  • What's the worth of capturing Castamere? From what I know, all the precious metals are still underwater from the Rains of Castamere and as far as I know, the Greatjon doesn't have scuba divers.

Capturing the mines does harm to Tywin and the Westerland Lords as it shuts down production, but the gold is not left lying around, it has to be mined and unless the Northern and Frey men actually mined for Gold it is unlikely they took much gold. They will have taken far more value in livestock than gold from the Westerlands

1 hour ago, Bernie Mac said:

Capturing the mines does harm to Tywin and the Westerland Lords as it shuts down production, but the gold is not left lying around, it has to be mined and unless the Northern and Frey men actually mined for Gold it is unlikely they took much gold. They will have taken far more value in livestock than gold from the Westerlands

True.  Ore to gold takes a lot of work.  Production would have ceased if the foreman and the engineers at the mines were killed during the battle.  

5 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

So in ACOK, Robb captures Ashemark and other castles, the Greatjon is heard capturing the mines at Castamere, Nunn's Deep, and the Pendric Hills, and Rickard Karstark and Galbart Glover raid along the Westerlands' coast. I have some questions:

• A vault at Riverrun?
  • What's the worth of capturing Castamere? From what I know, all the precious metals are still underwater from the Rains of Castamere and as far as I know, the Greatjon doesn't have scuba divers.

We aren't told.Simple as.

7 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

• A vault at Riverrun?

Most of the treasures will be at the Lannister stronghold.  What loot the wolves got are but a tiny fraction.

On 11/15/2019 at 7:54 PM, Quoth the raven, said:

Most of the treasures will be at the Lannister stronghold.  What loot the wolves got are but a tiny fraction.

Then how come it's described as a big deal when the Greatjon captures these mines?

My bet is that the loot was divided among the lords of the north and some part given to the riverlords, with the lion share of it going to Riverrun.

Taking the golden mines besides taking the loot, also stop the extraction of the gold. It was a huge threat to a house that brags so much about being the richest house in the realm, like Wyman said.

“Nothing’s more like to bring a Lannister running than a threat to his gold.”

Archived