U.S. Politics: Gar Nicht Trump's Traumschiff!

Tywin Manderly

This whole thing about what Hunter Biden got paid as a board member is a huge red herring, a pile of crap. Oil and gas companies pay big bucks. Exxon board members make more than a million dollars a year, between salary and stock options.

You want to talk about being overpaid?  The former CEO of Merck made more than $20 M one year from one company as a board member. Why aren’t Republicans demanding an investigation into that?

Hunter Biden was a lawyer who sat on boards before. What the fuck did his experience in the gas industry have to do with the advice he was providing to Burisma? Burisma had Ukrainian lawyers giving them advice on Ukrainian energy law and regulation. Biden gave them advice on political and investment matters. From what I’ve read Biden and his investment company gave lots of advice. Have you got any idea what Washington lawyers get paid per hour? Or what kind of compensation fund managers get paid?

1 hour ago, TrueMetis said:

I mean, I can get behind serious investigations into everyone who making a larger salary than their actual qualification is worth. But on that scale, Hunter Biden isn't very high on the list. Is he making 80k a month on his own merits? Of course not, nobody makes 80K a month on their own merits, nobody is that meritorious.

I would love to see all the corrupt fucks getting far more than they are worth via bullshit exploitative methods. It's just weird to see Republicans acting like they give a shit, usually they just call that capitalism.

Republicans are strangely silent on corporations purchasing our democracy. When they aren't out-right cheering it on and calling it free speech.

50 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

This whole thing about what Hunter Biden got paid as a board member is a huge red herring, a pile of crap. Oil and gas companies pay big bucks. Exxon board members make more than a million dollars a year, between salary and stock options.

You want to talk about being overpaid?  The former CEO of Merck made more than $20 M one year from one company as a board member. Why aren’t Republicans demanding an investigation into that?

Hunter Biden was a lawyer who sat on boards before. What the fuck did his experience in the gas industry have to do with the advice he was providing to Burisma? Burisma had Ukrainian lawyers giving them advice on Ukrainian energy law and regulation. Biden gave them advice on political and investment matters. From what I’ve read Biden and his investment company gave lots of advice. Have you got any idea what Washington lawyers get paid per hour? Or what kind of compensation fund managers get paid?

Rex Tillerson made half a billion dollars working for Exxon and parleyed that into becoming SoS, further enriching himself. But Hunter Biden sitting on a board making $50k a month is a high crime that should cost his father the presidency……remind me what the Trump brats are up to again? Certainly not making a dime of their name and their father’s political office……..

Meh.

mcbigski is currently actively trolling. His troll-fu is utterly weak, trumpian-level stupid and generally wasteful with regards to internet ink.

He probably also has bad hygiene and a receding hairline. 

There. The answer he wants.

13 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

Meh.

mcbigski is currently actively trolling. His troll-fu is utterly weak, trumpian-level stupid and generally wasteful with regards to internet ink.

He probably also has bad hygiene and a receding hairline. 

There. The answer he wants.

In real life he’s an ok guy with an incredible capacity for drinking beer, as I saw at Worldcon. We did not talk politics, though. When he does that he raises hackles, for sure.

receding hairline can be interpreted however as a virtue insofar as reflects an enhanced libido, quality and quantity of deliveries of genetic information, genital size and sensitivity, mastery of the ars amatoria, and relative wittiness of post-coital colloquy.

45 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Rex Tillerson made half a billion dollars working for Exxon and parleyed that into becoming SoS, further enriching himself. But Hunter Biden sitting on a board making $50k a month is a high crime that should cost his father the presidency……remind me what the Trump brats are up to again? Certainly not making a dime of their name and their father’s political office……..

One of the major talking points of the Republicans is that Hunter has no credentials to sit on the Board of a gas company. Ffs, he is a lawyer and Bush put him on the board of Amtrak without having a background in the railway business. Believe it or not, lawyers sit on the boards of all kinds of companies without having direct industry experience because they do have skills a board may want.

Ivanka and Jared sold an apartment in NYC in 2017 for more than $15 M to a woman Forbes identified as a spokesperson for the Chinese government at what Forbes also said was 25% above the sale price of other units in the building. That’s about $3.9 M, which blows away the compensation Biden got for actually working.

And Jared has been given the task of solving the opioid crisis in the US and bringing peace to the Middle East, at taxpayer expense as a WH employee, on what experience heaven only knows. Ivanka, who ran a clothing line, is also a WH employee (she’s been responsible for creating millions and millions of jobs, ya know) who now attends meetings and dinners with the president of China and also gets trademarks in China for a business she sold off. Well, daddy won’t be president forever.

The Kushner family desperately needed money to refinance that white elephant they bought for $1.8 B just before the economic crisis. They asked Qatar for the money and Qatar turned them down only to have the Trump administration to BOOM, come down on Qatar. But it’s ok, Brookfield Asset Management leased the building for a billion dollars, saving Kushner asses, and guess who owns a big chunk of Brookfield? The government of Qatar! Back in the good books!

Lots more than that is going on.

3 hours ago, TrueMetis said:

I mean, I can get behind serious investigations into everyone who making a larger salary than their actual qualification is worth. But on that scale, Hunter Biden isn't very high on the list. Is he making 80k a month on his own merits? Of course not, nobody makes 80K a month on their own merits, nobody is that meritorious.

I would love to see all the corrupt fucks getting far more than they are worth via bullshit exploitative methods. It's just weird to see Republicans acting like they give a shit, usually they just call that capitalism.

What is the maximum wage you would allow?

28 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

One of the major talking points of the Republicans is that Hunter has no credentials to sit on the Board of a gas company. Ffs, he is a lawyer and Bush put him on the board of Amtrak without having a background in the railway business. Believe it or not, lawyers sit on the boards of all kinds of companies without having direct industry experience because they do have skills a board may want.

Ivanka and Jared sold an apartment in NYC in 2017 for more than $15 M to a woman Forbes identified as a spokesperson for the Chinese government at what Forbes also said was 25% above the sale price of other units in the building. That’s about $3.9 M, which blows away the compensation Biden got for actually working.

And Jared has been given the task of solving the opioid crisis in the US and bringing peace to the Middle East, at taxpayer expense as a WH employee, on what experience heaven only knows. Ivanka, who ran a clothing line, is also a WH employee (she’s been responsible for creating millions and millions of jobs, ya know) who now attends meetings and dinners with the president of China and also gets trademarks in China for a business she sold off. Well, daddy won’t be president forever.

The Kushner family desperately needed money to refinance that white elephant they bought for $1.8 B just before the economic crisis. They asked Qatar for the money and Qatar turned them down only to have the Trump administration to BOOM, come down on Qatar. But it’s ok, Brookfield Asset Management leased the building for a billion dollars, saving Kushner asses, and guess who owns a big chunk of Brookfield? The government of Qatar! Back in the good books!

Lots more than that is going on.

Oh loo, the lawyer is defending blood sucking lawyers. I guess we’ll have to update your title to “Blood Sucking Old Fogey Church Lady.” How ‘bout that?

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Oh loo, the lawyer is defending blood sucking lawyers. I guess we’ll have to update your title to “Blood Sucking Old Fogey Church Lady.” How ‘bout that?

Hey. I bet 99% of the boards in the US have lawyers sitting on them, 2 or 3 even. And in Canada, and in the EU.

1 hour ago, sologdin said:

receding hairline can be interpreted however as a virtue insofar as reflects an enhanced libido, quality and quantity of deliveries of genetic information, genital size and sensitivity, mastery of the ars amatoria, and relative wittiness of post-coital colloquy.

I took very few pictures at Worldcon this year, but iirc, mcbigski does not have a receding hairline.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Please, man that’s totally different because Trump. 

Seriously, yes, it’s fucking mind-boggling seeing republicans in Congress act like Hunter’s possibly overly-abundant pay is in it itself evidence of corruption. 

Like, I’m pretty sure all these guy’s have sons and daughters who’ve profited immensely(from the school they got to attend, to the jobs and salaries they got to have) from their parent’s political stature without actually having to do anything. 

Hell, certainly most are the sons and daughters of powerful people who’ve profited from their family name. 

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

Hey. I bet 99% of the boards in the US have lawyers sitting on them, 2 or 3 even. And in Canada, and in the EU.

Hey, I’ve got nothing against lawyers. It’s the most common profession in my family, and tomorrow morning I’m jumping on a bird to spend a week with several high end corporate lawyers who will buy me all the high end scotch my heart desires, so long as I keep power bombing their kids in a pool.

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

tomorrow morning I’m jumping on a bird to spend a week with several high end corporate lawyers who will buy me all the high end scotch my heart desires, so long as I keep power bombing their kids in a pool.

This potentially sounds like a much more scandalous form of employment than anything Hunter Biden's been accused of.

5 hours ago, TrueMetis said:

But on that scale, Hunter Biden isn't very high on the list.

The first target should be the squatter in the Oval Office.  He proves every moment of his life that he's incompetent for his job -- hell incompetent to be anything but a criminal -- and he's either very good at that or very bad.  These days with all the criminality everywhere it's hard to tell.

2 hours ago, sologdin said:

When the hairline recedes, just do the manly thing and take it all off. I am sure you will feel much relief.

25 minutes ago, DMC said:

This potentially sounds like a much more scandalous form of employment than anything Hunter Biden's been accused of.

Hey man, their parents say the bigger the better. The youngest one doesn’t like it that much, but I’m always quick to remind him that he’s paying off his father’s debts. When I was his age, he was mine, and our grandfather used to have a high dive that he’d choke slam me from. He’s getting off light IMO.

18 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Hey man, their parents say the bigger the better. The youngest one doesn’t like it that much, but I’m always quick to remind him that he’s paying off his father’s debts.

.....this is just way too easy of a set-up.

Archived