Acrophobia #37: Tourists! Come See My Beautiful Kingdom!!

honeyed chicken

On 11/27/2019 at 9:18 PM, RhaenysBee said:

And I bet it’s still a winner :D qarth was pretty difficult for me for some reason... I spent an entire train ride and half an hour in security queue working out mine :leaving: 

It feels that long ago that I can't even remember what I submitted! It was about Qarth you say? :idea:

21 hours ago, Howlin' Howland said:

I usually hit an entry in the first few minutes and it scores well or I struggle for days on an entry that does poorly.

Yes, makes sense. It is entirely possible to overwork an entry. Best not to bend over backwards to make an idea work.

8 hours ago, Howlin' Howland said:

I'm OK waiting as long as it takes to get at least 6 entries.

I have as many as four more players that have indicated they plan to get entries in. That doesn't count two players from the last game I was hoping to have along as well.

I'll be patient for now and hope this is OK with you four who do have entries in.

Could you perhaps apply a tiny bit of friendly and well intended peer pressure, please ? Maybe we could have something like a new deadline, just so we don’t just wait until an unspecified time in the near or far future? Like Wednesday evening or something? 

ok i did it ... i am sure i was the hold up @RhaenysBee, my darling friend :kiss:

i was delayed by massive amounts of food, drink and nerve-wracking relatives wearing trump hats or waving impeachment flags, each spewing threats of divorce, disowning, disavowing, disrespecting and plain old homespun ass-whipping...

...in other words, good times were had by all the fruitcakes <_<

...leaving the rational minority outnumbered, outshouted and outdoors...

:smoking:

7 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

ok i did it ... i am sure i was the hold up @RhaenysBee, my darling friend :kiss:

i was delayed by massive amounts of food, drink and nerve-wracking relatives wearing trump hats or waving impeachment flags, each spewing threats of divorce, disowning, disavowing, disrespecting and plain old homespun ass-whipping...

...in other words, good times were had by all the fruitcakes <_<

...leaving the rational minority outnumbered, outshouted and outdoors...

:smoking:

I’m not sure, according to HC we have been waiting for multiple entries, not just one. But big thanks for getting yours in! 

hope you had a pleasantly torturous thanksgiving and family reunion. At least the food was good? 

Yikes! That Thanksgiving must have been a riot! (Trumpsgiving? Thumpsgiving, if they beat each other up?)

And I'm mildly relieved, as I happened last night to see the pad with my Qarth entry, and quasi-panicked. I knew I'd sent it in, but also knew I'd been horribly distracted and had forgotten to check the thread for some days. So I thought: "Oh no! I probably missed the voting and we were probably in the new round and people are getting annoyed and help!" Also I thought Pictionary might have started up. But I didn't miss anything! Thanks, delayed ones!

Round One) Qarth!

The various masters and groups have come together hoping to promote their way out of an economic slump. Having solicited slogans from far and wide, now they must chose. Which of the following do you think best sells and extols the virtue of the city by the Jade Sea?

1)  Longstrider reports, "city's encircling masonry and stonework's remarkable!" 

2)  Illustrious Accommodations - Satisfyingly Impressive!

3)  Listless? Restless?? COME ENJOY MYSTERIOUS ADVENTURES...SPICY RENDEZVOUS!

4)  Like rakish Canadians! Even the master assassins ‘Sorry’ reaping!

5)  Envision Your Transcendence!

open annually

6)  Nonpareil emporium! Xaro's acclaimed birthplace luxuriates!

7)  Enjoy your tokar, outsider! (Attentively) 

Votes due in a Sunday, 12/8, time of day is somewhat fluid depending how my day goes.

Traditional voting rules: 1st place - 3 points, second - 2, third - 1. 4 point bonus for most 1st place votes.

Anyone can vote and get a point for doing so. You need not have submitted an entry, but if you do (even late ones) you'll get 2 points for that.

Round two letters and place will be posted in an hour or so.

Round two) Highgarden

Mace Tyrell has been approached by his Chancellor of the Exchequer (emphasis on the "EX"). The Tyrells are skint. The bloom is off the rose. The treasury is bare. Fortunately, an answer has been given to this vexing problem: tourism! Come one, come all to see the roses (and other wonders) of Highgarden!

Your job is to write the most appealing entreaty to the would be tourist class.

Letters:

NTCA

LLHDD

PRDKPI

VUOIMIE

(Thanks, as always, to my Scrabble letters for helping me out).

Entry deadline, Sunday Dec. 8.

Archived