Acrophobia #37: Tourists! Come See My Beautiful Kingdom!!

honeyed chicken

vote...

1...#4

2...#3

3...#1

On 12/3/2019 at 4:13 AM, RhaenysBee said:

I’m not sure, according to HC we have been waiting for multiple entries, not just one. But big thanks for getting yours in! 

hope you had a pleasantly torturous thanksgiving and family reunion. At least the food was good? 

hahaahhaha...yeah the food was good

...and since i get perverse pleasure goading people i consider ill-informed, the event certainly had its moments :lmao:

Round One  Voting Results: HH takes the lead! SwmbO a strong second.

Qarth

1) Longstrider reports, "city's encircling masonry and stonework's remarkable!"- Howlin Howland. 1+2+9+2+4(bonus) = 18

2) Illustrious Accomodations - Satisfyling Impressive! - rocksniffer. 1+2+3+2 = 8

3) Listless? Restless? COME ENJOY MYSTERIOUS ADVENTURES . . . SPICY RENDEZVOUS! - SwmbO. 2+1+6+6+1 = 16

4) Like rakish Canadians! Even the master assassins 'Sorry' reaping! - Fragile Bird. 2+1+6+2+2 = 13

5) Envision Your Transcendence!

open annually                     - Dolorous Gabe. 2+1+2+2=7

6) Nonpareil emporium! Xaro's acclaimed birthplace luxuriates! - Count Balerion. 2+1+2+1 = 6

7) Enjoy your tokar, outsider! (Attentively) - RhaenysBee. 2+1+1 = 4

Castellan. 2*+1 = 3 * Castellan's entry was missing a letter so I couldn't post it, but I gave her two points for a submission.

SCORE

1) Howlin Howland: 18

2) SwmbO: 16

3) Fragile Bird: 13

4) rocksniffer: 8

5) Dolorous Gabe: 7

6) Count Balerion: 6

7) RhaenysBee: 4

8) Castellan: 3

Round Two: Highgarden

1)       Legends Live

Highgarden: Dream Destination

2) Voyage uphill! Odes, ivy, mezzanines. Indulgent entertainment.

3) Let love's healing district delight!

4) Linger! Look! Highgarden's dandy daisies!

5)  'Nightly trysts chivalrously attended!

6) Lovely Ladies - Highly Desirable Delights!

7) Loras loves having discreet dalliances.

8) Phenomenal roses: divine keepsakes! Passion indulged!

Votes due Wednesday, December 11.

Round three: Dorne

Your ad agency has landed the Dorne tourist board contract. Fantastic! Except now you have to figure out how to sell northerners (and others) on the allure of sun and sand  - so much sand . . . and maybe Doran Martell's water gardens, and a blood orange or two. Perhaps folks will want to see the tower in Sunspear where the Prince of Dorne kept his only daughter locked up. And there's always the orphans of the Greenblood, I suppose . . .

Good luck!!!

Letters:

TOIA

ORTAI

IEIENB

RWFPNUL

Deadline: Thursday, December 12. Too soon? I hope not, so we can keep moving and keep interest going, but if your schedule does not permit, let me know and I'll do the next round on the weekend.

7 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Sweetie, those letters are just bruuuuuuuutal!

5 hours ago, Castellan said:

I can't tell if it's me or the letters. 

The tougher the letters, the better you guys get. :)

Please note that I left a couple words off entry #2. It has since been repaired back to its intended length.

So please be sure to check your entries and scores as well.

Thanks!

this vote is tough. but:

It could just as easily have gone completely differently.

And: I dreamt I was in a class where the teacher wrote a lot of letters on the blackboard and we had to come up with sentences. I couldn't see the blackboard so had to ask some young ladies to write it on a piece of paper. some of the letters were KKK DDD LL, and there was a T in there. The KKK was either going to be King king king! or Ku Klux Klan, and the T was going to be tyrant. Then I lost the scrap of paper ....

Archived