Acrophobia #37: Tourists! Come See My Beautiful Kingdom!!

honeyed chicken

Round 2

HIGHGARDEN!

Come smell the roses! Let's see who did best at verbally enchanting the masses with their slogans.

Upheaval Rules. Count Balerion and Fragile Bird steal 'all' the votes leaving precious little for everyone else.

1)       Legends Live

Highgarden: Dream Destination - Dolorous Gabe: 1st - 0, 2nd - 1, 3rd - 3. 2+1+2+3 = 8.

2) Voyage uphill! Odes, ivy, mezzanines. Indulgent entertainment. - RhaenysBee: 1st - 1, 2nd - 0, 3rd - 1. 2+1+3+1 = 7.

3) Let love's healing district delight! - Castellan: 1st - 1, 2nd - 0, 3rd - 0. 2+1+3 = 6.

4) Linger! Look! Highgarden's dandy daisies! - Count Balerion: 1st - 2, 2nd - 2, 3rd - 2. 2+1+6+4+2+2 = 17.

5)  'Nightly trysts chivalrously attended! - rocksniffer: 1st - 2, 2nd - 0, 3rd - 1. 2+1+6+1+2 = 12.

6) Lovely Ladies - Highly Desirable Delights! - She who must be Obeyed: 1st - 0, 2nd - 3, 3rd - 0. 2+1+6 = 9.

7) Loras loves having discreet dalliances. Howlin' Howland: 1st - 0, 2nd - 0, 3rd - 0. 2+1 = 3

8) Phenomenal roses: divine keepsakes! Passion indulged!  - Fragile Bird: 1st - 2, 2nd - 2, 3rd - 1. 2+1+6+4+1+2 = 16

I should explain my scoring above. After your entries and names are the points earned that round starting with the 2 points for that entry and your point for voting. Next comes points for first (if any), second and third followed by the bonus if any. This round's bonus split three ways, but I decided to round up and give each of the three bonus babies two points.

Standings

1) Fragile Bird: 13 + 16 = 29

2) SwmbO: 16 + 9 = 25

3) Count Balerion: 6 + 17 = 23

4) Howlin Howland: 18 = 3 = 21

5) rocksniffer: 8 +12 = 20

6) Dolorous Gabe: 7 + 8 = 15

7) RhaenysBee: 4 +7 = 11

8) Castellan: 3 + 6 = 9

Turns out I had enough time to post the r3 entries. R4 letters will be up later on.

Don't forget to check your scores and votes, thanks!

Round 3

Dorne

Blood oranges. Blood on the sand. Heat shimmers above the dunes. Seems like a place to avoid - but we know some hardy folk will come. How have our advertisers done at reaching them? Let us take a look:

1) Red wine, fine people! (naughtily, utterly, licentious...)

2) Taking off inhibitions! Always!

3) Intense Environs - Impassioned Experiences.

NO BLIZZARDS!

4) Red wines, fresh plums, Nymeria's unmatched luxuries.

5) Restless wives, fiery peppers, neverendingly unbroken lands

6) Ice? Enough! Inviting environment, nocturnal banquets.

7) It's exotic! It's erotic! No-brainer!

8) Rejecting Winter? Find Pleasure Negotiating Unbroken Luxuriousness!

Frankly, these are all really good (glad I don't have to vote). You all did well with a tough bunch of letters, so everybody gets a 3 point bonus for this round's scoring (remind me later).

NOW, there really will be an interruption while I make breakfast for Mrs. Chicken and clean up after. :)

58 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

<snip>

NOW, there really will be an interruption while I make breakfast for Mrs. Chicken and clean up after. :)

Hey Chick...feel free to come by my place next...i like my eggs sunnyside up :drool:

Round 4

Pentos

We journey back across the waters to Essos where the salt sea meets the grass sea - the Dothraki Sea. The Magisters of Pentos are ready to make a prince of you (though you may not wish that once you learn what's entailed). Bring your unsullied, get ready for a gastronomic adventure. Pig out on life! How should pentos beckon to the tourist class?

Letters

NTLO

VGROE

KTESZB

UIPGAFN

Deadline: it's a busy time of year - I'll make it a week, ok? Sunday Dec.22.

9 hours ago, Count Balerion said:

I think Jan. would be easier. I'll be out of town most of next week. Although, if we're talking about Pentos I already sent mine, so hey.

Yes, you did get a Pentos entry in, but if I post on the 29th, there'll be a new destination to advertise - a new group of letters. If you can get an entry in for the round after Pentos by the 5th of January, then I will make the next (Pentos entries) deadline for Dec. 29.

Archived