Acrophobia #37: Tourists! Come See My Beautiful Kingdom!!

honeyed chicken

I have 6 of 8 entries for Pentos, so will post sometime today, I think. Big family supper here tonight and the Misses will be keeping me busy. I may not be able to post till tomorrow morning, but if that happens it will be first thing tomorrow and the next deadline will be January 5, 2020. I think that's best with the holidays.

Round 3

Dorne

Three rounds, three leaders. It's the Count's turn.

1) Red wine, fine people! (naughtily, utterly, licentious...) - Castellan: 1st - 1; 3rd - 3. 3(bonus)+2+1+3+3 = 12

2) Taking off inhibitions! Always! - Fragile Bird: 2nd - 3; 3rd; 1. 3+2+1+6+1 = 13

3) Intense Environs - Impassioned Experiences.

NO BLIZZARDS! - She who must be Obeyed: 1st - 1; 2nd - 1. 3+2+1+3+2 = 11

4) Red wines, fresh plums, Nymeria's unmatched luxuries. - Howlin' Howland: 2nd - 2; 3rd - 1. 3+2+1+4+1 = 11

5) Restless wives, fiery peppers, neverendingly unbroken lands - Dolorous Gabe: 1st - 1; 2nd - 2; 3rd - 1. 3+2+1+3+4+1 = 14

6) Ice? Enough! Inviting environment, nocturnal banquets. - RhaenysBee: 1st - 1; 3rd - 1. 3+2+1+3+1 = 10

7) It's exotic! It's erotic! No-brainer! - Count Balerion: 1st - 3; 3rd - 1. 3+2+1+9+1+4 = 20

8) Rejecting Winter? Find Pleasure Negotiating Unbroken Luxuriousness! - rocksniffer: 1st - 1. 3+2+1+3 = 9

Standings

Count Balerion: 23 + 20 = 43

Fragile Bird: 29 + 13 = 42

SwmbO: 27 + 11 = 38

Howlin' Howland: 21 + 11 = 32

rocksniffer: 20 + 9 = 29

Dolorous Gabe: 15 + 14 = 29

RhaenysBee: 11 + 10 = 21

Castellan: 9 + 12 = 21

Don't forget to check your scores and votes, thanks!

I'll post round four entries in the morning in hopes the last two come in. For now, here's your round five destination:

Dragonstone

The ancestral home of the Targaryen Queens, Kings, and dragons beckons. There's history, there's mystery. It's the birthplace of Daenerys Stormborn, mother of dragons (and so on and so forth). Take sail and come visit!

Letters

RANQ

SYNME

VELGIO

BUDRYAI

Deadline for round five entries: Jan. 5, 2020.

Round 4

Pentos

The magisters are considering your submissions and they are impressed given the restrictions they put on you (acronyms? Why in heaven's name?). Anyway. You kind folk acting on behalf of the Magisters of Pentos now get to select the new ad slogan for the mighty city by the Narrow Sea.

1) Velvet Geomorphology - Rockhounding opportunities extraordinaire!

2) Visit greatest restaurants of Essos!

3) Unwind in Pentos! Gratis arbitration for nuptials.

4) Usurped? Introducing Pentos (gain affluent followers now!)

5) Utterly, Incomparably, Pentos: glamorous and friendly! Now!

6) UNBRIDLED IN PENTOS! "Gaucho" Adventures Found Nearby!

7) Vexed? Get ready! Observe execution!

Deadline for voting on round four, and entries for round five is January 5, 2020 (as mentioned above).

Happy Holidays to all, and a very Happy and Healthy 2020!!! :)

So Sunday was fun, got together with friends to play the GoT board game sharing a bottle of the House Tyrell Clynelish whisky.

Hope people are having a great festive season!

I'll be setting up the new game of Acrophilia in a few days time, so keep an eye out for the thread.

Let me know if you want to play in pairs like the last few games?

13 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

So Sunday was fun, got together with friends to play the GoT board game sharing a bottle of the House Tyrell Clynelish whisky.

Hope people are having a great festive season!

I'll be setting up the new game of Acrophilia in a few days time, so keep an eye out for the thread.

Let me know if you want to play in pairs like the last few games?

Do you have a link to one of the past games (with rules included)? I need a refresher. I also missed out on the pairs thing.

19 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

Do you have a link to one of the past games (with rules included)? I need a refresher. I also missed out on the pairs thing.

I don't know how to find archived threads but Sniffer did on page one. See below for the last game we played.

On 11/26/2019 at 1:12 PM, rocksniffer said:

i think so because we haven't played since jan of 18 it appears here is the archives thread

:cheers:

Happy New Year, Acrophobes!

Archived