Acrophobia #37: Tourists! Come See My Beautiful Kingdom!!

honeyed chicken

On 12/31/2019 at 9:51 AM, Dolorous Gabe said:

So Sunday was fun, got together with friends to play the GoT board game sharing a bottle of the House Tyrell Clynelish whisky.

Hope people are having a great festive season!

I'll be setting up the new game of Acrophilia in a few days time, so keep an eye out for the thread.

Let me know if you want to play in pairs like the last few games?

thank the gods i need a philia fix... :cheers:

pairs are good...but i can go either way

On 1/1/2020 at 6:36 PM, Dolorous Gabe said:

I don't know how to find archived threads but Sniffer did on page one. See below for the last game we played.

Happy New Year, Acrophobes!

Oh Dolorous One, it just takes skills perfected through age and experience, flavored with the the wisdom of our elders...

...and a generous helping of cactus squeezins...

here is the topic archive...we will need to make a new thread for this...i will give it a go

and here is a link

to assorted games

for reference

to rules

and weird actions taken by some hosts

:smoking:

Round 4: Pentos

Not dead yet, Dolorous Gabe roars back! Things tighten at top, but Fragile Bird has a slim lead.

1) Velvet Geomorphology - Rockhounding opportunities extraordinaire! - rocksniffer: 1st - 2; 2nd - 1. 2+1+6+2 = 11

2) Visit greatest restaurants of Essos! - Howlin' Howland: 2nd - 1, 3rd - 1. 2+1+2+1 = 6

3) Unwind in Pentos! Gratis arbitration for nuptials. - RhaenysBee: 2+1+6+2 = 11

4) Usurped? Introducing Pentos (gain affluent followers now!) - Dolorous Gabe: 1st - 4, 3rd - 1. 2+1+12+1+4 = 20.

5) Utterly, Incomparably, Pentos: glamorous and friendly! Now! - Fragile Bird: 1st - 1, 2nd - 1, 3rd - 1. 2+1+3+2+1 = 9

6) UNBRIDLED IN PENTOS! "Gaucho" Adventures Found Nearby! - She who must be Obeyed: 1st - 1, 2nd - 2. 2+1+3+4 = 10.

7) Vexed? Get ready! Observe execution! - Count Balerion: 3rd - 3. 2+1+3 = 6

Castellan - 1 for voting.

Standings

1. Fragile Bird: 42 + 9 = 51

2. (tie) Dolorous Gabe: 29 + 20 = 49

2. (tie) Count Balerion: 43 + 6 = 49

4. She who must be Obeyed: 38 +10 = 48

5. rocksniffer: 29 + 11 = 40

6. Howlin' Howland: 32 + 6 = 38

7. RhaenysBee: 21 + 11 = 32

8. Castellan: 21 + 1 = 22

Still waiting on 1 Dragonstone entry I hope to have by tonight - thanks to all of you who did get your entries in on time.

I will post the round six letters & destination in a few minutes.

Round 6: Harrenhal

Black Harren's monstrosity - as bleak a place as one could ask for. Hardly a promising tourist destination . . . or is it? Is this not the place where the Knight of the Laughing Tree once appeared? Is it not also the place where in the same tournament, the seeds of Robert's rebellion were sewn that lead to the downfall of the Targaryen dynasty? Much of Westeros' history is bound and shackled to this place, this ruin of what was to be a grand statement. And now it may be best known for Jaime's dramatic rescue of Brienne, or wait, wait maybe it's best known for Arya's escape, or best of all - an enduring testament to the power of dragon magic over mere mortals. So many ways to appeal to masses, to write a drop dead ad slogan - which will you choose?

Letters:

COIV

SHRYI

ADEURA

AENLNIP

DEADLINE: hoping we can do a Thusday/ Sunday routine the rest of the way.

How about Thursday, Jan.9? Unless I hear loud yelps of protest, that will be the date for rd. 6 entries and rd.5 voting. Rd. 5 entries will be posted for you to vote on no later than tomorrow night as we wait for the lone straggler. :)

Round 5: Dragonstone

Former home seat of the Targaryen kings and queens, Dragonstone's castle is adorned with hundreds, maybe thousands of stone dragons. Who wouldn't want to see this place? So which of the following slogans most tempts you? Anyone who wishes, may vote*:

1) Stannis! Yippee! Nifty map exhibit!

2) Valyrian enclave: live gloriously in opulence!

3) Valyrian engraved lithic greatness - images overwhelming

4) Bewitching uniqueness: Dragonstone. R'hllor, yachting, ancestral island.

5) Biggest Unconventional DANCE Reenactments Yet! Anticipation - Immeasurable!

6) Breathtaking, unspoiled dragon relics! Youthful aspirations indulged!

7) Regard Aegon's numinous quarters

8) Virtually explore "luminating" grotto's infinite obsidian.

Voting ends Thursday night, January 9.

*if you haven't voted before - please list a first, second and third place choice. The players who submitted the entries get 3 points for each first place vote, 2 for 2nd, and 1 for third. And each voter gets a point for voting and anyone may vote whether they submitted an entry or not.

Bah. As I mentioned in TTTNE, I’ve been sick as a dog. I have now reached the point where I am getting dressed every day (as opposed to getting constant bed rest) and going out to the grocery store or Costco or wherever. I had lunch with a friend today then went to Costco: by the time I got home I was ready to pass out.

So, voting! Looking for touristy ones!

1st.     4

2nd.    8

3rd.     1

Round 5: Dragonstone

Fragile Bird overcomes illness and opponents to increase her lead!

Dragonstone

That ancient Targaryen pile with the famous map and the many, many stone dragons about the castle/fortress. A place steeped in the lore of Westeros and appealing to many would be visitors. Let's see what greeting the voters have chosen to send our worthy tourist horde.

1) Stannis! Yippee! Nifty map exhibit! - Count Balerion: 1st - 1; 2nd - 2; 3rd - 1. 2+1+3+4+1 = 11

2) Valyrian enclave: live gloriously in opulence! - Howlin' Howland: 1st - 2. 2+1+6+2 (split bonus w/FB) = 11

3) Valyrian engraved lithic greatness - images overwhelming. - Castellan: 3rd - 4. 2+1+4 = 7

4) Bewitching uniqueness: Dragonstone. R'hllor, yachting, ancestral island. - RhaenysBee: 1st - 1. 2+1+3 = 6.

5) Biggest Unconventional DANCE Reenactments yet! Anticipation - immeasurable! - rocksniffer: 2nd - 1; 3rd - 1. 2+1+2+1 = 6

6) Breathtaking, unspoiled dragon relics! Youthful aspirations indulged! - Fragile Bird: 1st - 2; 2nd - 3; 3rd - 1. 2+1+6+6+1+2 (split bonus w/HH) = 18

7) Regard Aergon's numinous quarters - Dolorous Gabe: 1st - 1; 2nd - 1. 2+1+3+2 = 9

8) Virtually explore "luminating" grotto's infinite obsidian. - She who must be Obeyed: 1st - 1; 2nd - 1; 3rd - 1. 2+1+3+2+1 = 9

Standings

1. Fragile Bird: 51 + 18 = 69

2. Count Balerion: 49 + 11 = 60

3t. Dolorous Gabe:  49 + 8 = 57

3t. She who must be Obeyed: 48 + 9 = 57

5. Howlin' Howland: 38 + 11 = 49

6. rocksniffer: 40 + 6 = 46

7. RhaenysBee: 32 + 6 = 38

8. Castellan: 22 + 7 = 29

As always, please check my math and etc.

I'm expecting the final entry for round 6 soon, but in the meanwhile I'm going to reach into my Scrabble letter bag and see what I can pull out for your next destination: Kings Landing!

Archived