Acrophobia #37: Tourists! Come See My Beautiful Kingdom!!

honeyed chicken

Round 8: Braavos

Back across the Narrow Sea we travel through the Titan's legs to the Venice of Essos. A city famous for the Iron Bank. Braavos is home to a Sea Lord, and famous courtesans such as the Black Pearl. Whom will you seek there? Perhaps your quest is religious in nature and you will wish to seek the Many-faced God, or the Lord of Light? There are always the sword wielding bravos happy to show you the water dance if you're spoiling for a fight and mummers to watch in case you are not. It's a city of many varied delights!

Letters

4; TSUC

5: ICLST

6: BINFWR

7:EFDMABI

Deadline: Sunday's seem to work best, so let's aim for next Sunday, Jan. 26.

I mentioned I struggled with my vote! It was between 5 and 6, 5 is wonderful too! I ended up choosing 6 because the dragons destroyed Harrenhall, and I tried to write a dragon one but the word ‘spelunk’ jumped into my head and simply would not go away! I was thinking of ruined, dark towers with water dripping in, like a cave.

It made me think about how many times I’ve heard a writer say they hadn’t planned that a character would do something but it just wrote itself that way, lol.

In quite a few recent games I’ve been up there and then the words stop coming, and someone else writes something wonderful. I really struggled with King’s Landing, hope I do ok!

I said in the last game I hosted that I was blown away by how good the entries were. This game has been just as amazing! Wonderful, wonderful entries!

23 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

:crying:

It's OK. My soul's been destroyed before. It must have been destroyed a hundred times when I hosted Pictionary.

1 hour ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

*record player screeches to a stop*

Oh, hi there. Mind if I join in?

By all means! Only starting late you may not get many "points", but that's no reason not to join in the fun.

Round 7: King's Landing

King's Landing, Westeros' seat of government, a city founded by the Targaryen conquerors is home to kings, high septons, alchemists and scoundrels alike. Which of the following advertising slogans do you think best attracts tourists to KL?

1) BLACKWATER - Imagine Unchained Voyages!

2) Olefaction! Intrigue! Sport! Amore!

3) Nicest resort's a King's abode.

4) Big! Idyllic ... Uh ... Views?

5) A new game transpires yearly

6) Aegon's neighborhood: gory, tantalizing, yours.

7) Aristocrats, negotiators, God-botherers, tournaments, you!

8) Lonely? Randy?? Exquisite Girls Deliver Inside Chataya's!

9) Wildfire's undying flames inspire more opulent embraces!

Vote for three, a first, second and third.

Archived