Acrophobia #37: Tourists! Come See My Beautiful Kingdom!!

honeyed chicken

Round 8: Braavos

The Free City of Braavos boasts many, many attractions and touristy sites. Let's see what our applicants have submitted for the Braavosi tourist board to consider.

1) Temple sacristans unfailingly comforting!

2) Island cluster:Love Stone Temples?

3) Experience fog, drama, murder! Admire bravos' ingenuity!

4) Brave initiative new freely wrought, rendered.

5) Tales, secrets: unveiling citrus.

6) Iconic canals, lovely stone temples!

7) Tantalizing Shellfish...Uncommon Cocklers!

8) Everyone's Free! Death's Mightiest Ally Bestrides Inlet!

9) Eternally FREE! Defending mankind against bondage, incessantly!

I know this is unusual, but I'm leading with the next round of entries for you to vote on, because that's what I've got.

I'll post the results soon.

Deadline for voting is next Sunday, February 2.

Round 9: Casterly Rock

We're back across the Narrow Sea to Westeros for the home of the rich & powerful Lannisters. Though we have never actually 'seen" the place in the books, we - I - feel like I know the place from all the Lannister chapters of the book. Tourists from all over Westeros and even Essos may want to see the home of Jaime, Cersei, and Tyrion. What will be your pitch to draw people to the home of the family whose motto is "Hear Me Roar!"?

Letters

DLIC

MLSEF

NDANLR

HURLECA

Deadline for round 9 is Feb. 2, 2020.

Round 7: King's Landing

"King's abode" and "Chataya's" bring Howlin' Howland and rocksniffer (respectively) each a share of the bonus. Fragile Bird maintains a fragile lead.

1) BLACKWATER - Imagine Unchained Voyages! - She who must be Obeyed: 2nd - 4; 3rd - 1. 2+1+8+1 = 12

2) Olefaction! Intrigue! Sport! Amore! - Count Balerion:  2nd - 1; 3rd - 3. 2+1+2+3 = 8

3) Nicest resort's a King's abode. - Howlin' Howland: 1st - 2. 2+1+6+2 = 11

4) Big! Idyllic ... Uh ... Views? - Ser Not Appearing:  1st - 1; 2nd - 1; 3rd - 1. 2+1+3+2+1 = 9

5) A new game transpires yearly - Dolorous Gabe:  1st - 1. 2+1+3 = 6

6) Aegon's neighborhood: gory, tantalizing, yours. - RhaenysBee: 1st - 1; 2nd - 1; 3rd - 1. 2+1+3+2+1 = 9

7) Aristocrats, negotiators, God-botherers, tournaments, you! - Castellan: 1st - 1. 2+1+3 = 6

8) Lonely? Randy?? Exquisite Girls Deliver Inside Chataya's! - rocksniffer: 1st - 2; 2nd - 1; 3rd - 1. 2+6+2+1+2 = 13

9) Wildfire's undying flames inspire more opulent embraces! - Fragile Bird: 3rd - 1. 2+1+1 = 4

Standings

1) Fragile Bird: 83 + 4 = 87

2) She who must be Obeyed: 68 + 12 = 80

3) Count Balerion: 66 + 8 = 74

4) Dolorous Gabe: 67 + 6 = 73

5) rocksniffer: 53 + 13 = 66

6t) RhaenysBee: 51 + 9 = 60

6t) Howlin' Howland: 49 + 11 = 60

8) Castellan: 41 + 6 = 47

9) Ser Not Appearing: 0 + 9 = 9

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: And a thunderous round of applause from the host for all of you! You players as a group have been so tough on one another with the consistent quality of your entries that I'm glad I'm on this side of the game. I'd have finished last with 30 points (20 for ten submissions and 10 for 10 votes).

Special shout out to Castellan for continuing to play at a high level while coping with a natural disaster. Her entries have been deep and thoughtful and I've enjoyed them.

Apologies to Ser Not Appearing for not warning him in advance what he was getting himself into, but glad to see he's entered the fray with gusto.  ;)

SPECIAL BONUS OFFER

One time deal: pm me your best guess of our tenth (and final) destination. Yes, I've picked it out and written it down - I've had it in mind from the get go. First one to correctly pm this destination to me gets 3 points! All subsequent correct guesses get 1 point. YOU ONLY GET ONE GUESS!!!!  I'll ignore all your other guesses after the first one you pm me, so make that first one count.

Good Luck!

ETA: the 3 point bonus has been claimed, but the 1 point bonus remains for anyone and everyone who sends a correct guess.

14 minutes ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

Where have we been so far?

Asking for a friend who joined late.

We must be or own friend, after all.

I could send you back to look - it's all here on the thread, but I've got the spreadsheet right in front of me, so I'll play nice. :)

1) Qarth

2) Highgarden

3) Dorne

4) Pentos

5) Dragonstone

6) Harrenhal

7) KL - and that's where you came in.

Archived