Acrophobia #37: Tourists! Come See My Beautiful Kingdom!!

honeyed chicken

Almost everyone has sent a guess, but only two right so far.

And now, an advertising plug of a different sort.

Several have already signed up for pictionary 46 which will start Sunday, Feb. 2 when I send out sentences for everyone to draw. Several of you are already in the game - thanks! For those that aren't and haven't played before, but are curious, here's an archive of past games. here you can see what the game looks like

8 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

That's one way to look at it. Another way is to say that you missed by five hours.

Well I did know I was late to the game, no denying there :lol: still I thought it was because everybody already sent their correct guesses. anyway, the right way to look at it is “I got an extra point. Yay!” :lol: 

5 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I actually wrote two versions very similar to my first and second selections.

1st.   9

2nd.  7

3rd.   4

Sorry, hc, I ended up being out all day yesterday and forgot at the end of the night.

No sweat. You still have a day.

Has anyone seen a South Korean movie called Parasite? It's supposed to be the masterpiece of the decade according to one reviewer. Mrs. Chicken and I are going to the movies tonight and we might see that or we might see Just mercy which also has glowing reviews.

Round 8: Braavos

Ser Not Appearing makes waves with "Death's Mightiest Ally"!

1) Temple sacristans unfailingly comforting! - Fragile Bird: 1st - 1, 3rd - 1. 2+1+ 3+1 = 7

2) Island cluster:Love Stone Temples? - Dolorous Gabe: 2nd - 1; Wf bonus - 1. 2+1+1+2 = 6

3) Experience fog, drama, murder! Admire bravos' ingenuity! - Count Balerion: 1st - 2, 3rd - 1, 1sts bonus - 1. 2+1+6+1+1 = 11

4) Brave initiative new freely wrought, rendered. - Castellan: 1st - 1, 3rd - 1. 2+1+3+1 = 7

5) Tales, secrets: unveiling citrus. - RhaenysBee: 2nd - 1, 3rd - 2, Wf bonus - 1. 2+1+2+2+1 = 8

6) Iconic canals, lovely stone temples! - Howlin' Howland: 1st - 2, 2nd - 2, 1sts bonus - 1. 2+1+6+4+1 = 14

7) Tantalizing Shellfish...Uncommon Cocklers! - rocksniffer: 2nd - 3, 3rd - 1. 2+1+6+1= 10

8) Everyone's Free! Death's Mightiest Ally Bestrides Inlet! - Ser Not Appearing: 1st - 2, 2nd - 2, 3rd - 1, Wf bonus - 3, 1sts bonus - 1. 2+1+6+4+1+3+1 = 18

9) Eternally FREE! Defending mankind against bondage, incessantly! - She who must be Obeyed: 1st - 1, 3rd - 2. 2+1+3+2 = 8

Bold = bonus points for correctly guessing Winterfell as our final destination. Ser Not Appearing got the first right guess for 3. RhaenysBee was 5 hours behind him so settles for a point and Dolorous Gabe also guessed correctly for a point.

The first place bonus got split three ways this time for a point each to Count Balerion, Ser Not Appearing and Howlin' Howland.

Standings

1. Fragile Bird: 87 + 7 = 94
  2. She who must be Obeyed; 80 + 8 = 88
  3. Count Balerion: 74 + 11 = 85
  4. Dolorous Gabe: 73 + 6 = 79
  5. rocksniffer: 66 +10 = 76
  6. Howlin' Howland: 60 + 14 = 74
  7. RhaenysBee: 60 + 8 = 68
  8. Castellan: 47 + 7 =54
  9. Ser Not Appearing: 9 + 18 = 27

Please check my math and vote counting.

Another tough round where votes were spread around quite evenly: 6 of you got at least one first place vote. That's a sign of good work by all of you.

Still waiting on three entries for Casterly Rock, but I will go ahead and post our final destination's (which you now know is Winterfell) letters. 

Round 10: Winterfell

Although I'm sticking to the books with all these destinations, with Winterfell, let's agree to remember the place as it was in the beginning of the first book with Stark children and their direwolves running about the place. Not only was it an ideal place to raise children, it was (is?) nexus of deep magic helping to hold the Wall in place against the Others and their human hating cold magic. It's home to a Hearttree (I'll allow that as one word) that has seen much Westeros history, and holds secrets not known even to those who worship the Old Gods. In the Starks runs the blood of the First Men and of wargs. In addition Winterfell boasts glass gardens, and hot spring heated bed rooms (who can resist?).

How will you entice touri to make the long trek north to see these wonders?

Letters:

SRDI

NTWDH

BPRFGE

WSMGLAT

Deadline for r10 entries: next Sunday, Feb. 9. The deadline following that will be a two day votes only round for our final score and standings.

Archived