Acrophobia #37: Tourists! Come See My Beautiful Kingdom!!

honeyed chicken

Round 9: Casterly Rock

The home of the famous Lannister clan. Powerful, greedy, cunning people. Will tourists flock to see their home city and try to learn the secret of their power? Let's see what slogans we have to entice the CR tourist board:

1. Hear us rock! Large explorable caverns await.
  2. Dandy Lions In Carnate
  3. Historic Underground Ruins Liven Even Castamere Allies.
  4. Notable Diversions and Nationally Lionized Refrains!
  5. Domesticated lions in caverns . . .
  6. Delightful lioness invites customers.
  7. Notorious den, advanced numerous Lannister reigns!
  8. Here, underdogs! Roaring lions, extravagant caverns! Assemble!
  9. Mines! Lions! Self-exalting freaks!

All entries are in. The ninth one was hiding in my message box (in plain sight). Apologies for missing it!

Deadline for voting on these entries is next Sunday, Feb.9.

Round 9: Casterly Rock

Big rounds for SNA (with "lions in carnate") and Dolorous Gabe (with "Hear us rock!").

1) Hear us rock! Large explorable caverns await. - Dolorous Gabe: 1st - 3; 2nd - 2; split firsts bonus with SNA - 2. 2+1+9+4+2 = 18

2) Dandy Lions In Carnate - Ser Not Appearing: 1st - 3; 2nd - 1; 3rd - 1; split firsts bonus with DG - 2. 2+1+9+2+1+2 = 17

3) Historic Underground Ruins Liven Even Castamere Allies. - rocksniffer: 3rd - 2. 2+1+2 = 5

4) Notable Diversions and Nationally Lionized Refrains! - She who must be Obeyed: 2nd - 2; 3rd - 1. 2+1+4+1 = 8

5) Domesticated lions in caverns . . . - Howlin' Howland: 2+1+1 = 4

6) Delightful lioness invites customers. - Castellan: 2nd - 1; 3rd - 2. 2+1+2+2 = 7

7) Notorious den, advanced numerous Lannister reigns! - Fragile Bird: 2nd - 2; 3rd - 2. 2+1+4+2 = 9

8) Here, underdogs! Roaring lions, extravagant caverns! Assemble! - RhaenysBee: 1st - 1; 2nd - 1. 2+1+3+2 = 8

9) Mines! Lions! Self-exalting freaks! - Count Balerion: 1st - 2. 2+1+6 = 9

Standings

1. Fragile Bird: 94+9 = 103
  2. Dolorous Gabe: 79 + 18 = 97
  3. She who must be Obeyed: 88 + 8 = 96
  4. Count Balerion: 85 + 9 = 94
  5. rocksniffer: 76 + 5 = 81
  6. Howlin' Howland: 74 + 4 = 78
  7. RhaenysBee: 68 + 8 = 76
  8. Castellan: 54 + 7 = 61
  9. Ser Not Appearing: 27 + 17 = 44

Fragile Bird maintains her 6 point lead, but the pursuit has grown from two to three. Winterfell will decide!

Good luck, all! :)

I’m glad Gabe has survived the floods, and I hope they can get his car going again,  (note - Gabe, how could you do that, after the flood siren went off??) but do you know the little devil actually sympathized with me and said he really sucked this game this time?

’Snarls, Lannister-style!’

Talk about sticking the shiv in your ribs!

1 minute ago, Fragile Bird said:

I’m glad Gabe has survived the floods, and I hope they can get his car going again,  (note - Gabe, how could you do that, after the flood siren went off??) but do you know the little devil actually sympathized with me and said he really sucked this game this time?

’Snarls, Lannister-style!’

Well it's a warning siren, that it's soon to flood in the town, so I had time. The small flooded section I went through was in a completely unexpected place, up the hill and well before the town. I'd been looking forward to this tournament for a few weeks and I'd have been going back to Manchester afterwards, thus avoiding flood areas, so had I got through it would have been fine.

And that's not what I said :lol:. I merely suggested I've too often not spent enough time on my entries. Also, if mine was that good why didn't it get a vote from you? :o :P

32 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

And that's not what I said :lol:. I merely suggested I've too often not spent enough time on my entries. Also, if mine was that good why didn't it get a vote from you? :o :P

I’ve always thought everyone should be encouraged with votes. Sometimes the struggle is really hard. Sometimes you get very disheartened. And the top two entries were so good, it was impossible to give one a tie breaking vote when both deserved top points!

Right now I am so disheartened I may skip the last round....

Archived