Acrophobia #37: Tourists! Come See My Beautiful Kingdom!!

honeyed chicken

52 minutes ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

Nah. I think a lot of us have no good ideas here for some reason. Still gotta submit.

Hey. I think a couple of mine were pretty damn fine, like the King’s Landing one and the my Sacristan one! Death tourism is big in Braavos!

The results broke me...

Round Ten: Winterfell

Our journey round the vacation hot spots of Planetos draws to a close with the home of the Starks. Must there "always be a Stark in Winterfell"? Who knows?! But we hope you tourists will come visit the home of the direwolves and other magic. See our hearttree and the glass gardens, the old sagging towers and double curtain walls. It's a long trek, but worth it!

Two of our number have elected not to submit entries this round, so we go with seven. A lucky number? Perhaps, but for whom? Therein lies the mystery at the heart of our contest!

1) Wanting secrecy? Married girls love abandoned towers!

2) Winter shenanigans! Mysterious graves, lakes, adult taverns!

3) Winter's safest Manse: gods look after thee

4) Sleigh-Riding Direwolf International!

5)                       **BOLTON'S PLACE**          

Refreshingly Fabulous Geothermal Extravagance!

6) Wolves saunter 'midst godswoods' lands and towers.

7) Wild snows make girl's lovely asses thick

Deadline for votes: Shall we shoot for Wednesday morning February 12? No need to prolong the suspense as all I need from you is your three votes. After that, I'll stop tormenting you all about entries. ;)

Did anyone watch the Oscars last night? Not a TV person, so would not have watched in any case, but the show is so late for us east coasters here in the States, I would not have stayed up anyway. In the UK and Europe I imagine you're getting results in the papers and the evening news.

Not even sure why I brought up the Oscars, except, I did want to comment on how real life seems to intrude on our little make believe world of games. Once again nature has put obstacles in the way of one of our number - this time Dolorous Gabe with flooding. Hope your car's alright and you'll be able to get back to your life, though I was sorry to hear you missed your tournament.

I have never watched the Oscars, there are very few things I’ll get out of bed at 3am on a Monday for and streaming the Oscars is not even close to making the list. I usually check award show results in the next morning on google. 

Spoiler

I’m glad Brad Pitt finally got an Oscar. 

Waiting for one last vote before I post the final scores.

If/when I host another round of this game, I may employ the same tool as we use in pictionary - a list of players' names in the game's op that I bold when an entry is in for that round.

And speaking of hosting again, I'll be traveling most of April and away from my computer. If I were to host another game it would have to be either a short quick on that wraps up before April 9th or after May 7th. Oth, this game was long and exhausting so you players probably want a break, I'm guessing?

Round 10: Winterfell

The voters OBEY.

SwmbO wins with **BOLTON'S PLACE**!

1) Wanting secrecy? Married girls love abandoned towers! - rocksniffer: 1st - 2; 2nd - 2. 2 +1 + 6 + 4 = 13

2) Winter shenanigans! Mysterious graves, lakes, adult taverns! - RhaenysBee: 1st - 2; 2nd - 2; 3rd - 2. 2 + 1 + 6 + 4 + 2 = 15

3) Winter's safest Manse: gods look after thee - Dolorous Gabe: 3rd - 4. 2+1+4 = 7

4) Sleigh-Riding Direwolf International! - Count Balerion: 2nd - 2; 3rd - 1. 2 + 1 + 4 + 1 = 8

5)                       **BOLTON'S PLACE**          

Refreshingly Fabulous Geothermal Extravagance! - She who must be Obeyed: 1st - 4; 2nd - 2; firsts bonus. 2 + 1 + 12 + 4 + 4 = 23

6) Wolves saunter 'midst godswoods' lands and towers. - Fragile Bird: 1st - 1; 2nd - 1. 2 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 8

7) Wild snows make girl's lovely asses thick - Ser Not Appearing: 3rd - 2. 2 + 1 + 2 = 5

no entry - Howlin' Howland: 1

no entry - Castellan: 1

FINAL STANDINGS

1. She who must be Obeyed: 96 + 23 = 119
  2. Fragile Bird: 103 + 8 = 111
  3. Dolorous Gabe" 97 + 7 = 104
  4. Count Balerion: 94 + 8 = 102
  5. rocksniffer: 81 + 13 = 94
  6. RhaenysBee: 76 +15 = 91
  7. Howlin's Howland: 78 + 1 = 79
  8. Castellan: 61 + 1 = 62
  9. Ser Not Appearing: 44 + 5 = 49

CONGRATULATIONS to She who must be Obeyed for her tireless pursuit of Fragile Bird who set a grueling pace for all.

Thank you to all of you players for sticking with me through ten rounds of hell and a few natural disasters (I found out this morning it wasn't just the UK that got hit with flooding, but all of Europe by Storm Ciara? Hope everybody's OK?).

There were so many great entries in this game I'm going to post some of my favorites below.

Thanks again everybody!

Some of my favorite (not necessarily highest vote getter) slogans from this game, by round:

1. ((Qarth)) HH's (I'm stiill in awe of this entry - for just remembering the Longstrider connection to Qarth) - Longstrider reports, "city's encircling masonry and stonework's remarkable!"
  2. ((Highgarden)) rocksniffer's (B)) - 'Nightly trysts chivalrously attended!
  3. ((Dorne)) Castellan's (great use of the word, "licentious") - Red wine, fine people! (naughtily, utterly, licentious…)
  4. ((Pentos)) SwmbO's (brilliantly manages to sneak horses, and Dothraki, separately, into the entry without the proper letters for either one)- UNBRIDLED IN PENTOS! "Gaucho" Adventures Found Nearby!
  5. ((Dragonstone)) Count Balerion's (still makes me laugh) - Stannis! Yippee! Nifty map exhibit!
  6.  ((Harrenhal)) Fragile Bird's (brilliant! The first and last times I'll ever type the word "spelunkable" :) ) -

Spelunkable hallways'll reel you in!
  7. ((King's Landing)) Fragile Bird's (didn't get many votes, but I liked where it went) - Wildfire's undying flames inspire more opulent embraces!
  8. ((Braavos)) Ser Not Appearing's (another great job of obliquely mentioning a key feature of the place - in this case, the Titan of Braavos, of course) - Everyone's Free! Death's Mightiest Ally Bestrides Inlet!
  9. ((Casterly Rock)) Dolorous Gabe's (great play on the Lannister words) - Hear us rock! Large explorable caverns await.
  10. ((Winterfell)) RhaenysBee's (this one brilliantly conjures up images of the Stark children having a snowball fight. :) ) - 

Winter shenanigans! Mysterious graves, lakes, adult tavern

11. ((Winterfell)) rocksniffer's (thought this one would sweep the round, it's so great) - Wanting secrecy? Married girls love abandoned towers!

Archived