Theories on The Hound? *spoilers*

LadyBlackwater

Animals versus human beings: there is so much about the Hound being "half-wild" and "savage" and bestial and animalistic. The kinship between wolves and dogs is directly referenced by the Hound himself. 

Your question about why she would choose him is crucial. She absolutely did not choose him and she's not doing intentionally. I personally think the Old Gods are meddling.

But every time she has a dream about Lady or says "I miss Lady" after waking up, assume that she was doing a little unconscious skinchanging and lacking a dire wolf to enter, she found the next closest thing: a huge half-wild dog who had shown her some passing kindness. 

19 minutes ago, glassgardens said:

But every time she has a dream about Lady or says "I miss Lady" after waking up, assume that she was doing a little unconscious skinchanging and lacking a dire wolf to enter, she found the next closest thing: a huge half-wild dog who had shown her some passing kindness.

I think the Lady- Hound association is more just a metaphor 

20 minutes ago, glassgardens said:

Your question about why she would choose him is crucial. She absolutely did not choose him and she's not doing intentionally. I personally think the Old Gods are meddling.

I also don't think the gods are real. GRRM has said himself he doesn't even know, if they are. Same withe the new gods and the Lord of Light. I think there is just magic and whoever you believe in is responsible for the "miracles! :) 

Archived